IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - From where did the trinity teaching come?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

From where did the trinity teaching come?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

and it's follower call it a religious book.

actually it's follower's call it the Word of God. Smile
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

"One Day will the Hypocrites- men and women - say to the Believers: "Wait for us! Let us borrow (a Light) from your Light!" It will be said: "Turn ye back to your rear! then seek a Light (where ye can)!" So a wall will be put up betwixt them, with a gate therein. Within it will be Mercy throughout, and without it, all alongside, will be (Wrath and) Punishment!"57:13
Hasan

25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.   2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.  3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:  4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.  5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.  And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.  8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.   9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.  10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.  11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.  12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.  13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

The Parable of the Ten Virgins as told by Jesus. Smile

Edited by Caringheart - 14 February 2013 at 3:30pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 12:39pm
On top of that you still claim that you do not believe in any religion?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 1:17pm
I believe in the Word of God. Smile
Blessed be God forever
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I believe in the Word of God.�

And the Bible which is not even mentioned in the Bible - a translation of a translation of a translation of a translation is a word of God?
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 3:00am

I do not believe in religionReligion is a thing of man.

Acts 26:5
"They knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that according to the strictest sect of our religion, I lived as a Pharisee."

Timothy 5:4
"But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God."

James 1:26
"If any man among you seem to be religious and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man�s religion is vain."

James 1:27
"Pure religion, undefiled before God and the Father, is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

Edited by Rational - 21 February 2013 at 3:04am
الله
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 1:41pm
Greetings Rational,

So let's define religion...
to me it is following the Word of God...
not concerning oneself with the things which man prescribes, but seeking the actual will of God.
  • "to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."
  • 'bridling the tongue'
  • "caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God."
I do not believe you have to belong to one of the religions structured by man to seek the will of God.

re�li�gion noun (from Merriam Webser online dictionary)
    the service and worship of God or the supernatural

I adhere to this definition. Smile
Salaam,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 21 February 2013 at 1:43pm
Blessed be God forever
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 7:21pm
Salam Caringheart.

to me it is following the Word of God...

The question is how do you follow the word of God? Did God came down directly to you and teach you how to do things? Defintely not. He sent someone - someone close to Him - His Messenger, His Prophets - to show, to guide, to teach all His servants the correct way to win His Blessings.

not concerning oneself with the things which man prescribes, but seeking the actual will of God.

Another question -How do you know that what you are doing is the will of God? Did God speak directly to you and give instructions? Can you differentiate whether the voice in you is from God or from Satan?

The good examples that you stated above are true and pleasing to God. But don't you think that someone must have started this good deed and many followed? And could this someone be the Messenger, the Prophet that God had appointed, that God had taught to lead the way to His Pleasure?

I do not believe you have to belong to one of the religions structured by man to seek the will of God.

Not just any man CH. But a man specially appointed by God Himself. Anyway, think from another perspective. God is Merciful, God is Most Loving, God is Almighty. He knows that human being - His Beloved Creations - needs Him, seeks Him. How can He let us find Him without any clue, without any guide, without any knowledge? He - God most Gracious - sent His Messengers, His Prophets with Scriptures as a guidelines for us to worship Him. The Messengers and Prophets would leave this world, but His scriptures - His words in the language man understand -should be intact. He as God Almighty. He is the Preserver and He is The Knowledgeable.

the service and worship of God or the supernatural

The next question. How do we serve and worship God without someone to teach us, without a guide, without a beacon? Remember God is Most Merciful. His Scriptures sent to human beings is a proof of His Mercy. Without the Messengers and the scriptures, we surely would be blind. Not knowing right from wrong.

May Allah bless you with hidayah.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132>
  Share Topic