IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - From where did the trinity teaching come?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

From where did the trinity teaching come?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 32>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 6:22pm

To AgnesDei

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father"(John 5:23)

How can you honour Jesus like the Father? Well here is a list of ways to honour Jesus as the Father:

1- Believe in Jesus as a prophet and not a liar

2- Help him

3- Obey him

So this is how you would obey Jesus as you honour the Father.

You cannot honour Jesus by praying to him like you do with the Father, why? Well because Jesus himself taught you to pray to the Father and not to himself:

Matthew 6:1-15

1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11Give us this day our daily bread.

12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

So notice Jesus teaches men how to pray to the Father and so on, not to himself, therefore you cannot pray to Jesus in honour to him, because Jesus never asked for it, and the reason he never asked for it is because HE IS NOT GOD.

Secondly, Jesus himself stated that the Father is greater than him(John 14:28)

Jesus in John 14:28 states the Father is greater than him, so this also shows that you cannot honour Jesus as the Father, to do so would be a SIN. How can you honour a creation, a man who is lesser than God with God! How? This is a major sin to make this man Jesus equal with God when this man Jesus said the Father is GREATER THAN ME.

As we have seen, this verse does not prove Jesus is God, not even close. When read in context it proves Jesus is not God but a prophet of God who is sent to the children of Israel and to make them believe in the one true God who sent him.

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 2:15pm
To Agnes,
I  think Mansoor is right when he says that you put words in Jesus' mouth and let me show how.
You claim Jesus is God. You cannot produce a single claim and clarification by Jesus himself where he said: " I am God" you cannot. To the contrary he has clearly said that he has a God.  We know that God does not have a God. Jesus has a God, when he said, I am going to...my God and your God (John 20:17)
You say Jesus and God are equal or same. Now read this, and it is in complete contrast to your claim:
"for the Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)
Dont' let the truth affect you when accepting it expires, act now so you can benefit from it.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 18 April 2011 at 2:20pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 1:01am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

To Agnes,
I  think Mansoor is right when he says that you put words in Jesus' mouth and let me show how.
You claim Jesus is God. You cannot produce a single claim and clarification by Jesus himself where he said: " I am God" you cannot.

Your god Allah has 99 names.   All equal.  Is your god's name "the Truth"?  Yes.   Jesus with his own mouth said I am the Truth....John 14:6

Is your god's name "the First" and "the Last"?
Yes.   Jesus with his own mouth said I am the First and Last...Revelation 1:11

Is your god's name "the Resurrection"?   Yes.
Jesus with his own mouth said I am the Resurrection....John 11:25

Doug L

Edited by Douggg - 20 April 2011 at 1:04am
AgnesDei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgnesDei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 5:32am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

To Agnes,
You claim Jesus is God. You cannot produce a single claim and clarification by Jesus himself where he said: " I am God" you cannot. To the contrary he has clearly said that he has a God.  We know that God does not have a God. Jesus has a God, when he said, I am going to...my God and your God (John 20:17)
You say Jesus and God are equal or same. Now read this, and it is in complete contrast to your claim:
"for the Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)
Dont' let the truth affect you when accepting it expires, act now so you can benefit from it.
Hasan

There are many verses in the Gospel  (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) where Jesus states he is God.  Here is just one example which makes it perfectly clear that He is God, the Father:

The Gospel of John 14:8 Philip said to him, �Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.� 9 Jesus said to him, �Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, �Show us the Father�? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

This verse is crucial in Jesus shaped spirituality. It does not say that if we have seen Jesus we have an incomplete and inaccurate view of the Father. While there are obviously vast aspects of God that we can�t understand, all that we can understand about the Father is clearly seen in Jesus.

Jesus is the Father�s revelation of himself. Not one revelation that needs dozens of other revelations in order to give an accurate picture, but �if you have seen me, you have seen the Father.�

There are many other verses which I can post if you like, where Jesus tells that He is the Father/God.

Please do not insult me by insinuating that I am putting words into the mouth of our beloved and precious Lord, Jesus Christ.  I do not insult you, and I deserve the same respect. 

Peace be with you,
AgnesDei
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 7:57pm

To Douggg

Your god Allah has 99 names.   All equal.  Is your god's name "the Truth"?  Yes.   Jesus with his own mouth said I am the Truth....John 14:6

Quran describes various attributes of Allah Almighty.Among them are Ra'uf and Rahim meaning Kind and Merciful.In Surah 9:28,Prophet Muhammad is also described as
Ra'uf and Rahim so its mean Muhammad is also God?Ofcourse not.Prophet Muhammad is Ra'uf and Rahim in a limited sense unlike Allah.
Same thing is applied to John 14:6,Revelation 1:11 and John 11:25 when you compare to Allah's attributes.

Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 8:22pm

To Agnes

Shabir Ally explains the John 14:9

In John 14:9 Jesus (peace be upon him) is quoted as saying: �Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.�  This is often misunderstood to mean that Jesus is God.  But Jesus clearly said that no one has seen God at any time (John 5:37).  Those who say that Jesus is God, are disagreeing with what Jesus himself said.  If Jesus was God why would he say to the people looking at him that they never saw God?  And why would the author of the 1st Letter of John in the Bible, writing some seventy years after Jesus was taken up, say that no one had ever seen God (1John 4:12) although he knew that multitudes had already seen Jesus?  The meaning of John 14:9 is not that Jesus is God, but that by knowing Jesus, one gets to know God, since Jesus teaches about God.  This meaning is confirmed by John 1:18 where the writer says that no one had ever seen God, but Jesus had made God known to the people.  In the 17th Chapter of the same Gospel, Jesus declared that eternal life means knowing that the Father whom Jesus worshipped is the only true God and that Jesus is the Messiah who was sent by God.(Is Jesus God? The Bible Says No!)
Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

To Douggg

Quran describes various attributes of Allah Almighty.Among them are Ra'uf and Rahim meaning Kind and Merciful.In Surah 9:28,Prophet Muhammad is also described as
Ra'uf and Rahim so its mean Muhammad is also God?Ofcourse not.Prophet Muhammad is Ra'uf and Rahim in a limited sense unlike Allah.
Same thing is applied to John 14:6,Revelation 1:11 and John 11:25 when you compare to Allah's attributes.

Hi Mansoor, why would you even think that Mohamed was kind and merciful, I have no idea.   Did Mohamed say about himself, with his own mouth,
that he was kind and merciful?   Anyway....

Being kind and merciful attribute is not the same uniqueness as being "the resurrection", "the First and Last", and "the Truth".   No person can say those things about himself without meaning that he is saying that he is God.  

What other person dares to say that he is "the resurrection", "the First and Last", and "the Truth" ?
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 6:32am

To Jack

Does John 14:6 prove divinity of Christ?

Jesus answered, �I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.�

The verse states that Jesus was the "WAY".What else would we expect a prophet of God to say except "I am the 'way' to God's mercy"? That is his job. That is what a prophet does. It is why God chose him in the first place; in order to guide to the mercy of God.So John 14 verse 6 doesnot prove divinity of Christ.

Does Revelation 1:11 prove divinity of Christ?

I quote a verse from KJV:

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Now i will quote same verse from NIV and NASB:

�Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.�(NIV)

saying, "Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to hyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea." (NASB)

You see a difference?The titles Alpha and Omega
are not in NIV as well as NASB.Why?Because textual scholars agree that the phrase is an addition to the text, and thus versions like the NIV, NASB, etc., do not have the addition.

Recommended:

Arche of the Creation of God as Alpha and Omega?

Now What About John 11:25?

Jesus said to her, �I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?�

Brother Sami Zaatri rightly responded to John 11:25:

I have no problem in Jesus saying whoever believes in him though he dies, will still live and everyone who believes in him shall never die. Muslims will agree with that, Jesus is a prophet, and all prophets should be believed in, and Jesus is no different. Indeed if you believe in Jesus as a prophet and the messiah, then of course when you die you shall still live, God will reward you with heaven, and if you believe in him you will also never die in the sense of being doomed to hell for eternity which is worse than death. Jesus goes further on proving the point that he is a prophet the messiah when he asks: do you believe this? The lady responds in the affirmative, as any true believer back then should. Every true believer back then must have believed in Jesus because he was a prophet, and if you did not, then the wrath of God would be upon you.

So Christ is not divine according to John 14:6,Revelation 1:11 and John 11:25.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 32>
  Share Topic