IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - From where did the trinity teaching come?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

From where did the trinity teaching come?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgnesDei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 6:40pm

She is called the Mother of God because she is the mother of Jesus who is the Son, the 2nd person of the Holy Trinity.   GOD the father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit are 3 ENTITIES which combine to form ONE GOD.  She was chosen by God to be the mother of Jesus.  It is written in the Gospel of Luke.  Yes, you are correct, Hasan, I am a devout Roman Catholic.  I respect all people who are trying in their heart to follow God to the best of their ability. 

In the end, when this life is over......that is when we'll see who was on the correct path and who was misguided.   Perhaps there are several paths which lead to the same destination, my friend.

Patty
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 6:25am

Is Christiasnity Baded On Pagnism ?

Christians Will Say No . Howver , The Fact Is . Although Many Of Their Most ( Learnt Christian Scholars Have Wasted Much Time In Their Efforts To Explain The More Hazy Points Of Their Doctrine , Christianity Betrays It's Pagan  Origins By The Many Confusing And Contradictory Concepts , Which Christians ( Cling To , Often With No Overstanding Of Them ) . Some Of These Points Are ;
( 1 ) . There Are ( Three Gods In One ) The Father , The Son , And The Holy Ghost . These Three Make Up A Godhead That Is Crestor .
( 2 ) . The Roman Catholic Church Is '' ( Married To '' God '' ) .
( 3 ) . The Confession Of ( Sins To A Mortal ) .
( 4 ) . The Sabbath Or Day Of Rest Is ( On Sunday ) .
( 5 ) . The Son Of The Creator Was Crucified And Was Resurrected From A Physical Death To Save Lost Humanity .
( 6 ) . The Mother Of The Jesus Is Holy And Can Make Intercession For Them .
( 7 ) . The Holy Communion Or The Equivalent Of Partaking In The Body And Blood Of Jesus .
( 8 ) . The Return Of Jesus In The Last Days .
( 9 ) . The ( Birthday Of Jesus Is December 25 ) And Must Be ( Celebrated ) .
( 10 ) . The Practice Of ( Monasticism And Celebacy ) Among The Minister Of The Roman Church .
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by AgnesDei AgnesDei wrote:

Deut. vi. 4.--"Hear, O Israel The Lord our God is one Lord."--1 John v. 7 "There are three that bear record in heaven the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost and these three are one."
I believe this is fairly easy to understand.  It says specifically that the Father, the Son (Word), and the Holy Ghost (Spirit) are ONE.   There are many things which are taken by faith.  In this life, we must have faith to fully believe any religion.  
Hebrews 11:1 states "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."          Peace Be With You!     

Hi AngesDei,  "It says specifically that the Father, the Son (Word), and the Holy Ghost (Spirit) are ONE."

And.... 

Revelation 19: 10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Dear AgnesDei,
If I am not mistaken you are a Cahtolic? and I have a question for you and that is regarding Mary (may God be well pleased with her). In Catholism she is called "Mother of God". (may God forgive such blasphemy they utter in ignorence)
Why is she not included along "God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost" even though she is regarded and said to be "Mother of the Lord" or "Mother of God"?? God the Father is included in Godhead, why is one who is regarded as Mother of God is excluded??
I would like to know your personal view and understanding on that issue besides you Church's.
May God guide those who are misguided, Ameen.
Hasan

Hi Hasan, before there was anything created, what existed other than God?

Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 11:21am

My dear IssaEl,

All of the statements you quote from Our Lord are correct.  He did say them.  It is quite easily understood if you read my scripture.  God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are ONE.  Three entities which comprise one God.  He was  speaking in the entity of God in those statements.  When Jesus cried out from the cross he was human.  Jesus was fully human in every way while he walked among us here one earth.  In the scripture where Jesus was being tempted by Satan, he rebuked him saying "thou shall not tempt the LORD THY GOD."

To AgnesDei

"thou shall not tempt the LORD THY GOD." If you read in context it refers to Father not Jesus Christ.

We just celebrated Saint Patrick's Day on the 17th.  St. Patrick of Ireland (I'm Irish too) used the shamrock to illustrate the Holy Trinity.  There are 3 leaves on the shamrock, yet it is one shamrock.  This is the same as the Trinity.  I know it is difficult for you to understand, and asking questions is good for us all.  It is a step toward learning and respecting the other person's faith.  It is a step toward peace. 

On this Sunday may the God of us all bring you great peace and blessings!

The shamrock analogy is incorrect because it implies that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (the three leaves) are "parts" of God (the shamrock), and not fully God themselves (a single leaf is not the shamrock).
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 12:18pm

Deut. vi. 4.--"Hear, O Israel The Lord our God is one Lord."--1 John v. 7 "There are three that bear record in heaven the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost and these three are one."
I believe this is fairly easy to understand.  It says specifically that the Father, the Son (Word), and the Holy Ghost (Spirit) are ONE.   There are many things which are taken by faith.  In this life, we must have faith to fully believe any religion.  
Hebrews 11:1 states "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."          Peace Be With You!     

To AgnesDei

1 John 5:7 �For there are three that bear witness in Heaven, the Father, and the word and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one�

Check it out:The Controversy of I John 5:7 (Johannine Comma) By Mohd Elfie Nieshaem Juferi

IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 1:14pm
Continue From  Posted # 21
Verse7 For there are three that bear record in heaven , The father the word , and the Holy Ghost and these three are one .
Commentary 5 ; 7 - 8 Should end with the word record The remander of Verse 7 And part of Verse 8 , Are Not In Any Ancient Greek Manuscript . Only In Later Latin Manuscripts .
Now , They Say Verse 7 And Verse 8 Is Only Partially

Genuine . There Are Even Some Greek Translation That Also Supports This Version , But That's Because They Were Translated From English Back Into Greek 1John 5 ; 7 Was Just Another Way To Confuse And Add Another False Sect And Belief . It Is One Of Those Things That Are Kept Quiet Because That Would Be The End Of Some People's Faith And That Is Something That People Who Promote Religion For A Profit Can't Afford To Do .

El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
AgnesDei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgnesDei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 7:45am
I offer this in reference to the two previous posts by Hasan and the latest by IssaEL999, concerning the Johannine Comma as it pertains to the Gospel of John 5:7, which is evidence of the Holy Trinity:

On the Comma Johanneum

Daniel J. Castellano (2002)

The authenticity of the Johannine Comma has been hotly disputed, on account of it being the most explicit Scriptural witness to the doctrine of the Holy Trinity. Advocates of the Comma generally feel that its excision from Scripture would somehow undermine doctrine or the reliability of Scripture, and it must be admitted that many opponents of the Comma have fueled such misgivings by using it as an evidence that the Scriptures were deliberately corrupted for theological purposes. I intend to show that the theological weight of the Comma is greatly overrated, and that the dispute is therefore purely an academic one. Nonetheless, I will review the basic arguments and evidences surrounding the Comma, and attempt to account for its retention and omission by various denominations.

In most modern critical texts, which omit the Comma even as an alternate reading, 1 John 5:6-8 reads:

6This is the one who came through water and blood, Jesus Christ, not by water alone, but by water and blood. The Spirit is the one that testifies, and the spirit is truth. 7So there are three that testify, 8the Spirit, the water, and the blood, and the three are one.

Texts with the Comma would render verses 7 and 8: �There are three that testify in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one, and three that testify on earth, the spirit, the water, and the blood, and these three are one.� This extended version was universally present in Tridentine Bibles, and remained in the Latin Vulgate until the Second Vatican Council.

On purely intrinsic grounds, the Johannine Comma seems a bit out of place. The sixth verse identifies water and blood, followed by the Spirit, as witnesses, so it makes more sense to immediately mention the Spirit, the water and the blood as witnesses, rather than mention the Trinity. Also, verse 6 clearly refers to the Holy Spirit, or the Spirit of truth, in keeping with the usage of 1 John 4. It would be strange, therefore, for this Spirit to be considered an earthly witness as in the Comma�s version of verse 8, especially when He is also invoked as a heavenly witness. The short version has no mention of �earth,� since this distinction between earth and heaven is made necessary by the insertion of the Comma, whereas the excision of the Comma would not require the omission of the word �earth,� except to avoid the seeming contradiction of sense with verse 6. We further note that the Comma�s usage of �Holy Spirit� rather than simply �Spirit� is at odds with the rest of the Epistle. These observations do not positively exclude the Comma�s authenticity, but they definitely weaken the case that the Comma ought to be retained on account of its necessity to the text. One of the weightier aspects of this claim is the consideration that the Greek treiV, �three,� is in the masculine, when it ought to be conjugated in the neuter if it refers to three neuter objects: spirit, blood, and water. However, this irregular usage exists even in the Comma�s version, as well as elsewhere in the New Testament, so it is not a strong consideration. If we are going to quibble about Greek, we may note that in both versions the eighth verse uses the proposition eiV, which indicates that the three (earthly) witnesses are �into� or �towards� one, whereas the three heavenly witnesses are simply equated: they are one. Once again, this makes the Comma look like an awkward interpolation.

Considering the Comma as an interpolated gloss, the interpolator no doubt affirmed an explicit Trinitarian doctrine, as evidenced by his omission of the proposition eiV. Yet if we were to regard it as part of the original text, we would surely be taking it out of context by using it as a proof of the Trinity, for the three heavenly witnesses are one primarily in the sense that the three earthly witnesses are one: they all testify to the same thing, that Jesus is the Son of the God, which is the main thrust of the passage. No one would use this passage to prove that the spirit, water, and blood are of one substance, so it would be dubious to hold the same of the heavenly witnesses. Since the Comma is not an effective proof of the consubstantial nature of the Trinity except to those who already believe the doctrine, no question of doctrine depends on the reading of this passage.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 32>
  Share Topic