IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Two questions :S strange ones  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two questions :S strange ones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
imp87 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imp87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two questions :S strange ones
    Posted: 22 May 2008 at 2:58am

Thank you all Smile much appreciated.

We are as pieces of chess engaged in victory and defeat, our victory and defeat is from thee.
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 1:53am
As-salaam alaykum warhamatullah wabarakatuh

Masha Allahu,some good response there by by brethren.I just wanted to add that,unlike what some people (esp.non-Muslims) assume that Islam expects us to just accept everything we're taught without asking questions.On the contrary,ALlah even commanded us to know Him before we worship Him for if we do not know Him,how do we worship Him???
Excessive questions or unnecessary questions can corrupt the souls of a believer,Hence,we're advised against it.Also,some might be asking these questions in order to mock Islam or Allah(authubillah minnashaytonni rajeem).And again,we have to accept that certain things are just beyond human comprehension.And besides,there're other basic knowledge we are yet to acquire.Knowledge that would make us understand that we don't get anwer to"every question" especially not in human form.I hoep that makes some sense.........
And Allah knows best.May He guide our hearts aright.Ameen!!!!
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 9:20pm
ASAK.
Regarding second question.
There are some aspect of belief which are beyond human comprehension, basically those which are pertiaining to understanding the self and attributes of Allah SW. We are encourage not to debate about destiny because Taqdeer is directly related to attribute of Allah SW. Another problem is that we are creature within three dimension and exists within boundary of space-time limitation. For us it is almost impossible to imagine something which is beyond the limitation of time-space. Now, Allah SW created us, universe around us and time-space as well. How can it be possible for us to comprehend something and someone who is free from limitation of time-space?
The first question asked was also related to the same issue. Here questioner assume that time and space is really a limitation for angels as it is for human being. Here main problem is that we try to understand Allah and angels according to our percieved material life!
Finally, nothing in Islam is against human wisdom but there are indeed many things which are above human wisdom and has to be accepted because Prophet said so.

Edited by abuzaid - 20 May 2008 at 11:20pm
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 7:50pm
Bro's Asa
What do you think about the following sign?
Az-Zumar (The Groups)

39:42 It is Allah that takes the souls (of men) at death; and those that die not (He takes) during their sleep: those on whom He has passed the decree of death, He keeps back (from returning to life), but the rest He sends (to their bodies) for a term appointed verily in this are Signs for those who reflect.

It pretty clear Allah is one who can do the super  multitasking, the angels are just the helpers on as  needed basis.
If man could send a zillion mails with a touch of a button, what is the big deal switching off any number of souls either by His own trigger of decree (tsunamis/ quacks)or the man made wars against man(Nagasaki/Hiroshima or other similar man made destructions)
So a mini death is part of the daily living if we just reflect upon ourself and be grateful on daily basis!
A colleague of mine would barely sleep cuz he thought it was mini death and he hated to waste that part of life!

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 6:58pm
 No, brother. Just wait. Its not a complete answer. Let us wait for a day or two.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
imp87 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imp87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 2:48am

Thank you so much brother Smile I think that was a very good response, i will forward it on.

Thank you again, take care of yourself. Hug

Edited by imp87 - 20 May 2008 at 2:49am
We are as pieces of chess engaged in victory and defeat, our victory and defeat is from thee.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:27am

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

May Allah swt reward you for posting these questions. Am sure, this discussion shall be help all of us to understand it in a deeper sense.

Regarding the Angel of death

Here is a verse, " Say: "The angel of death, who is set over you, will take your souls. Then you shall be brought to your Lord.'' . 

This ayah tells us that a specific angel is set over to take our souls. Different hadiths narrate that the angel of death has helpers along with him.. It was reported in the Hadith that his helpers draw out the soul from the rest of the body until it reaches the throat, then the angel of death takes it.

Here's an other verse

"He is the Irresistible over His servants, and He sends guardians (angels) over you, until when death approaches one of you, Our messengers (angel of death and his assistants) take his soul, and they never neglect their duty. Then they are returned to Allah, their true Protector. Surely, for Him is the judgement and He is the swiftest in taking account."

(Our messengers take his soul...) meaning, there are angels who are responsible for this job. Ibn `Abbas and several others said that the Angel of Death has angels who pull the soul from its body and when it reaches the throat, the Angel of Death captures it.

(and they never neglect their duty.) They guard the soul of the dead person and take it to wherever Allah wills, to `Illiyyin if he was among the righteous, and to Sijjin if he was among the wicked (disbelievers, sinners, etc.), we seek refuge with Allah from this end. 

Imam Ahmad recorded that Al-Bara bin `Azib said, "We went with the Messenger of Allah to attend a funeral procession of an Ansari man. We reached the grave site when it had not yet been completed. The Messenger of Allah sat, and we sat all around him, as if there were birds hovering above our heads. The Prophet was holding a piece of wood in his hand, poking the ground with it. He next raised his head and said twice or thrice,

"Seek refuge with Allah from the punishment of the grave."

He said next When a believing slave is reaching the end of his term in the life of this world and the beginning of his term in the Hereafter, a group of angels, whose faces are white and as radiant as the sun, will descend onto him from heaven.

They will carry with them white shroud from Paradise, and fragrance for enshrouding from Paradise. They will sit as far from him as the sight goes. Then, the angel of death, will come until he sits right next to his head, saying, "O, good and pure soul! Depart (your body) to Allah's forgiveness and pleasure.'' So the soul flows (out of its body), just as the drop flows out from the tip of the jug, and the angel of death captures it. When he captures the soul, they (the group of angels) will not leave it with him for more than an instance, and they will seize it and wrap it in that shroud, and in that fragrance. A most pleasant musk scent ever found on the earth, will flow out of the soul, and the angels will ascend it (to heaven). They will not pass by, but they will say, "Whose is this Tayyib (good) soul'' They (the angels who are ascending the soul) will reply, "Such person, the son of such and such person,'' -- calling him by the best names that he used to be called in the world. They will reach the lower heaven and will ask that its door be opened for him, and it will be opened for them. The best residents of every heaven will then see him to the next heaven, until he is brought to the seventh heaven. Allah, the Exalted and Ever High, will say, "List my servants record in `Illiyyin and send him back to earth, for I have created them from it, and into it I shall return them, and from it I shall bring them out once again.'' The soul will be joined with its body, and two angels will come to him, sit him up and ask him, "Who is your Lord'' He will say, "Allah is my Lord.'' They will ask him, "What is your religion''

He will say, "My religion is Islam.'' They will say to him, "What do you say about this man (Prophet Muhammad) who was sent to you'' He will say, "He is the Messenger of Allah.'' They will ask him, "And what proof do you have about it'' He will say, "I read the Book of Allah (the Qur'an), and had faith and belief in him.'' Then, a caller (Allah) will herald from heaven, "My servant has said the truth. Therefore, furnish him from Paradise, and let him wear from (the clothes of) Paradise, and open a door for him to Paradise.'' So he is given from Paradise's tranquillity and good scent, and his grave will be expanded for him as far as his sight can reach. Then, a man, with a handsome face and handsome clothes and whose scent is pleasant, will come to him, saying, "Receive the glad tidings with that which pleases you. This is the Day which you were promised.'' He will ask him, "Who are you; for yours is the face that carries the good news'' He will reply, "I am your good works.'' He will say, "O Lord! Hurry up with the commencement of the Hour, hurry up with the commencement of the Hour, so I can return to my family and my wealth.''

You must have noticed in this hadith that  Angel of death has got helpers along with him. I pasted this whole hadith as a reminder for all of us. All the above , tell us that its Angel of death who finally captures our soul. Now your  friend's question, as how is it possible to capture so many souls at one time. For that, you second part of the question needs  to be answered. Right now, we need to believe in and have faith of this process as descibed in the verses and  hadiths.

Regarding questioning :

Islam does not stops us from asking questions brother. Infact there is a verse which says , " ------ ask the people  who know, if you do not know "  I don't remember the exact verse.

But yes, unnecessary questioning is prohibited in Islam

"O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if you ask about them while the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you" (5:101).

The Two Sahihs recorded that Al-Mughirah bin Shu`bah said that the Messenger of Allah "Forbade saying, `It was said' and `He said,' and wasting money and asking many questions.''

Muslim recorded that the Prophet said, " Leave me as I leave you; those before you were only destroyed because of their excessive questioning and disputing with their Prophets. Therefore, when I command you with a matter, adhere to it as much as you can, and when I forbid from something, avoid it"

It makes us clear that unncessary questions and excessive questioning is disliked in Islam. Even when the facts are made simple and easy  to understand, people come up with doubts intentionally. Few things like how Allah swt looks like, or matters related to unseen like throne of Allah, Hand of Allah  -- etc requires belief and faith in Allah swt completely. They are not be questioned. They are beyond our understanding.  Take for example, regarding how angel of death capture many souls at once, does not require an answer. Even if we know how it happens, that would not make a difference.

Otherwise, questioning is encouraged in Islam to increase our knowledge and other good intentions for the sake of Allah swt. May Allah swt guide your friend and all of us too.

Am sure our other members shall answer you better. I myselves is n't satisfied with my answer.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
imp87 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imp87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:32am

Salam everyone, hope your all good.

I was asked two questions, I do not think the answer I gave was sufficient, and I myself am looking forwards to learn the right answer to such questions.

The first question was how many angels of death are there, the answer is one right. Then I was asked, so how does he take the lives of so many people at one time?

I did not answer that question because I honestly got no idea, never have questioned that far, I wanted to reply only Allah knows but I am guessing that would have not been adequate.

Question two, well, was not a question but more of a personal view, it was something like this �Islam leaves no room for doubt�. For example questioning the existence of so and so, or the truth of so and so.

I hope you all understand what I mean for the second question, if not, I will try explain further.

Like in general, what is the approach on having doubt?

Also regarding this, there are things I have been told we should refrain from debating, or arguing, questioning, whatever you want to call it. I would like to know the reason for this, for future references.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic