IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - consequences of misdirected worship  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

consequences of misdirected worship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: consequences of misdirected worship
    Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:49pm
I would like to know the view point of world religions on the consequences of misdirected worship by an individual.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 5:17pm

Hi Honeto (Hasan),

In his Epistle to the Romans, first chapter, St. Paul addresses some of the implications of what you might be calling �misdirected� worship.  That is to say, he warns �and strongly at that- against worshipping the �creature� instead of the �Creator.�

St. Paul, according to my reading, at any rate, apparently includes homosexuality and lesbianism among the consequences of doing such a thing.  He was preaching in a Greco-Roman milieu, it might be remembered, and, that said, and though I am now stooping to embellish the context, for all we know he could have had a finely sculpted if by then crumbling depiction of Zeus, chasing Ganymede, within view of his preaching field.

Best regards,

Serv

Edited by Servetus - 14 May 2008 at 5:24pm
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 11:28am
The Bible says the following of false worshipesr:-

Revelation 19:19-21
.And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one seated on the horse [Jesus Christ] and with his army. 20 And the wild beast was caught, and along with it the false prophet that performed in front of it the signs with which he misled those who received the mark of the wild beast and those who render worship to its image. While still alive, they both were hurled into the fiery lake that burns with sulphur. 21 But the rest were killed off with the long sword of the one seated on the horse, which [sword] proceeded out of his mouth. And all the birds were filled from the fleshy parts of them.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:56pm
LOL!!  Or did you mean facing north, south, east or west?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 8:47am
beleiver,
it said "and those who render worship to its image", food for thought!!
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:13pm
honeto- that is exactly what I believe Mohammad did with the circumambulation of the kaaba.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:16pm
AND I might add how Christmas and Easter celebrations have become all about the candy and gifts.  Man has made the worship for man!!

Edited by believer - 20 May 2008 at 12:16pm
John 3
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

honeto- that is exactly what I believe Mohammad did with the circumambulation of the kaaba.

beleiver,
Kaaba is not an image of a living being. Its the sacred house of Worship to God, that Prophet Abraham erected. When we bow down in worship to God, as a universal oness in our belief, the believers are commanded to face in its direction. I can tell you just like people of the book were commanded to do so toward the sacred house of worship to God in Jerusalem. And Just like many other things its followers changed and lost, so is that practice too.
As I look deeper into what's left of God's command once, and people's narrations now, I find some traces of that truth.

Read: "daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before."

So, Daniel offers his prayers (Salath) three times a day, and he offers those prayers toward the HolyTemple of Jerusalem.

Allah O  Akbar, God is Great! The only differance is what is lost in translation and transformation.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 21 May 2008 at 1:38pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic