IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What BIBLE SAYS ABOUT PROPHET MUHAMMAD SAW  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What BIBLE SAYS ABOUT PROPHET MUHAMMAD SAW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 1:12am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

robin, you are now trying to divert the issue into muslims killing Muslims. And telling something that was said. It is not needed. The matter was "Did Jesus speak in the name of god". It is proved that he did not. You could not show a word about it. But youhad the idea of impressing us with your extra long posts. Please do not do that again. Come to the point.

You rejected Muhammad because he did not use the word Jehova. But Jesus also did not do it. So you are wrong. It is only prejudice which is working in you. No honesty.

YOU mentioned "justice or truth" of which I see very little in Islam as I mentioned re: its wars etc.!!!

If you do not want a comment made about something you say, then do not say it!

You say you have read the NT that may be, so but it is very evident you do not believe the prophet Jesus!

JESUS SAID GOD MUST BE WORSHIPED THUS HE SPOKE IN GOD'S NAME

When tempted by the Devil to worship him, Jesus said in reply at Matthew 4:10:

N.W.T. �Then Jesus said to him: �Go away, Satan! For it is written, �It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.��

The Sacred Scriptures � Bethel Edition Matt 4:10

�Then says Yahshua to him, Get you hence, Satan: for it is written, You shall worship Yahweh your Elohim, and him only shall you serve,

�For it is written� can ONLY refer to what was �written� in the Hebrew Scriptures (O.T.) as when Jesus said what followed* the Christian Greek Scriptures (N.T.) did NOT EVEN EXIST!

*What followed? �It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.��

Jesus was quoting from Deut. 5:9 which reads:-

N.W.T. �You must not bow down to them or be led to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons and upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me;.�

Young�s Literal Translation Deut 5:9

�thou dost not bow thyself to them nor serve them, for I Jehovah thy God am a zealous God, charging iniquity of fathers on children, and on a third generation , and on a fourth, to those hating Me.�

The Hebrew O.T. Deut 5:9 where Jesus quoted from reads:-

לא3808  תשׁתחוה7812  להם  ולא3808  תעבדם5647  כי3588  אנכי595  יהוה3068  אלהיך430  אל410  קנא7067  פקד6485  עון5771  אבות1  על5921  בנים1121  ועל5921  שׁלשׁים8029  ועל5921  רבעים7256  לשׂנאי׃8130  

And also from  Deut. 10:20

N.W.T �Jehovah your God you should fear. Him you should serve, and to him you should cling, and by his name you should make sworn statements.

Young�s Literal Translation Deut 10:20

Jehovah thy God thou dost fear, Him thou dost serve, and to Him thou dost cleave, and by His name thou dost swear.�

Hebrew O.T. at Deut. 10:20

את853  יהוה3068  אלהיך430  תירא3372  אתו853  תעבד5647  ובו  תדבק1692  ובשׁמו8034  תשׁבע׃7650  

Matt 4:10 Hebrew N.T. reads �Jehovah.

ויאמר  אליו  ישוע סור  ממני  השטן  כי  כתוב  ליהוה  אלהיך  תשתחוה ואותו  לבדו  תעבד׃

Strong�s Hebrew Dictionary No.3069 vuvh Yehovah, yeh-ho-vee�; from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God :- Jehovah,  the Lord. Comp. 3050, 3060."

It is not a case of putting words into Jesus mouth, as restoring what was there in the first place, because Jesus was reading from the O.T.!   He has been misquoted by various translators and copyists etc..

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 6:06am
Some of the differances that I see between Jesus and Mohammad. 

Jesus concerned about the human soul and the afterlife, what is in your heart and not outward rituals,  turn the other cheek. Spread His teachings through love.

Mohammad seems to be about rituals, concerns of this life.  Rights of Muslims versus rights of non-muslims. Spread his teachings through conquering.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 11:43pm

From robin:
JESUS SAID. HE SPOKE WHAT GOD TOLD HIM TO:-

Muhammad did the same. He said he spoke what God told him to speak. So what is the difference in that? Now youhave purposefully inserted jehova in mathew and other parts of NT. We had the NT for long time. We never saw any Jehova in that.

You are blaming Muhammad that he did not speak with the word Jehova. I said Jesus also did not do it.If I ask the Roman Catholic and the Protestants whether Jesus spoke in the name of Jehova, they will deny it. What do you say robin?

Shall we then believe you? Surely not.

Actually, your elders had some flisy excuse about the name of God and they built a whole tower on the name of God and they took something fromhere and something from there, differing with the mainline christians, they built a new religion which is not proved by any  means.

If youreject Muhammad for any reasontehn please see that same problem is not with Jesus. If it is there then do not reject Muhammad on that basis.

Then do not divert the topic. We are discussing the word Jehova. So we betetr not go into wars and killings yet. Let us deal with your Jehova, the foundation stone of your tower.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 12:56am

From robin:
JESUS SAID. HE SPOKE WHAT GOD TOLD HIM TO:-

Muhammad did the same. He said he spoke what God told him to speak. So what is the difference in that? Now youhave purposefully inserted jehova in mathew and other parts of NT. We had the NT for long time. We never saw any Jehova in that.

You are blaming Muhammad that he did not speak with the word Jehova. I said Jesus also did not do it.If I ask the Roman Catholic and the Protestants whether Jesus spoke in the name of Jehova, they will deny it. What do you say robin?

Shall we then believe you? Surely not.

Actually, your elders had some flisy excuse about the name of God and they built a whole tower on the name of God and they took something fromhere and something from there, differing with the mainline christians, they built a new religion which is not proved by any  means.

If youreject Muhammad for any reasontehn please see that same problem is not with Jesus. If it is there then do not reject Muhammad on that basis.

Then do not divert the topic. We are discussing the word Jehova. So we betetr not go into wars and killings yet. Let us deal with your Jehova, the foundation stone of your tower.

Get hold of a copy if the N.T. in Hebrew and you will see "JHVH" (Latinised, as in English) all the way though it!

Also:-

"Archaeologists have discovered papyrus fragments of works which were later included in the canon of the New Testament dating as far back as the middle of the second century. Of all 5,000 extant manuscripts, none contains the Hebrew יהוה (the Tetragrammaton), the Paleo-Hebrew (), or Greek transliterations (for example: ιαω, ιαουε, ΠΙΠΙ) of the Hebrew name (יהוה).[citation needed]

One of the most ancient fragments, the papyrus codex designated Chester Beatty Papyrus No. 2 P46, is dated prior to AD 200 and contains nine of the Apostle Paul's letters. In the Chester Beatty Papyri, we find ΚC and sometimes ΘC with a horizontal bar above them in citations of the Hebrew Bible where the Tetragrammaton occurs in the Hebrew text. These are abbreviations for kyrios (κύριος "lord") and theos (θεός "God") normally known as nomina sacra ("sacred names"). The abbreviations may not have been part of the autographs but may have been substituted as a shorthand some time later. An alternative thesis has been advanced that YHWH would have been present in NT autographs only to be substituted by the nomina sacra.

An article by George Howard in the March 1978 issue of Biblical Archaeology Review set forth this thesis that YHWH appeared in the New Testament and that "the removal of the Tetragrammaton from the New Testament and its replacement with the surrogates kyrios and theos blurred the original distinction between the Lord God and the Lord Christ."[1] His position was included in his article in the Anchor Bible Dictionary, where he stated: "There is some evidence that the Tetragrammaton, the Divine Name, Yahweh, appeared in some or all of the OT quotations in the NT when the NT documents were first penned."[2]

This thesis has not found wide acceptance, and Howard has qualified it: "my theory about the Tetragrammaton is just that, a theory. Some of my colleagues disagree with me (for example Albert Pietersma). Theories like mine are important to be set forth so that others can investigate their probability and implications. Until they are proven (and mine has not been proven) they should not be used as a surety for belief."-FROM  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetragrammaton_in_the_New_Testament

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 10:13pm

We are concerned with the bible NT KIng James Version which has been in circulation for a long long time. That work was done by reliable workers who translated and compiled the version from some good sources.

There had been no Jehova and even now, may not be there in the NT. How old is your religion, the towers, JW's? Since when you discovered and adopted these things? Before that Jesus was not knowing Jehova.

To build a religion on the name of God only is not necessary. But everything is possible nowadays.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 11:49pm

We are concerned with the bible NT KIng James Version which has been in circulation for a long long time. That work was done by reliable workers who translated and compiled the version from some good sources.

There had been no Jehova and even now, may not be there in the NT. How old is your religion, the towers, JW's? Since when you discovered and adopted these things? Before that Jesus was not knowing Jehova.

To build a religion on the name of God only is not necessary. But everything is possible nowadays.

The Hebrew Bible (O.T.) has been in circulation since 1513 B.C. (it's first 5 books & Job by Moses) and it has Jehovah's ("YHWH") name in it thousands of times, and THAT IS THE BIBLE JESUS CHRIST USED, NOT THE KING JAMES VERSION as it did not exist in his day, that is what I go by.

The King .James Version of 1611 A.D. is not a very accurate transaltion!!!

Edited by robin - 02 October 2008 at 12:44am
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 10:59am

Robin writes:

Moses was a Hebrew, Muhammad was an Arab, thus quite unlike Moses; different nation different God!!

[/QUOTE]  

Robin,

what make you think different God. You asssume that different nations have different God?
I thought you have grown out of that thinking since it has been a while that you have been participating on this forum.
Moses and Mohammed (pbut) worshipped same God. In fact there isn't another God, other than the One who made me, you, Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed (pbut) and all that there is.
Let me quote to reassure you from the beautiful words of the Final Testament from God Almighty:

3:84 Say: "We believe in God, and in that which has been bestowed from on high upon us, and that which has been bestowed upon Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and their descendants, and that which has been vouchsafed by their Sustainer unto Moses and Jesus and all the [other] prophets: we make no distinction between any of them.  And unto Him do we surrender ourselves."

I am not asking you to change the way you beleive, as you decide on your own destiny, I am asking you to change your perception of how a Muslim believe. We worship and serve none other than the One who is the Only One to be Worshipped, the Creator, to whom we all must return after our death for accountability.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 05 October 2008 at 11:01am
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Robin writes:

Moses was a Hebrew, Muhammad was an Arab, thus quite unlike Moses; different nation different God!!

Robin,

what make you think different God. You asssume that different nations have different God?
I thought you have grown out of that thinking since it has been a while that you have been participating on this forum.
Moses and Mohammed (pbut) worshipped same God. In fact there isn't another God, other than the One who made me, you, Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed (pbut) and all that there is.
Let me quote to reassure you from the beautiful words of the Final Testament from God Almighty:

3:84 Say: "We believe in God, and in that which has been bestowed from on high upon us, and that which has been bestowed upon Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and their descendants, and that which has been vouchsafed by their Sustainer unto Moses and Jesus and all the [other] prophets: we make no distinction between any of them.  And unto Him do we surrender ourselves."

I am not asking you to change the way you beleive, as you decide on your own destiny, I am asking you to change your perception of how a Muslim believe. We worship and serve none other than the One who is the Only One to be Worshipped, the Creator, to whom we all must return after our death for accountability.

Hasan
[/QUOTE]

But your God is not the God of Moses who is called Jehovah ("YHWH" in the oldest know texts of the Bible, many years before the K.J.V. ), as the Ishmaelites became enemies of the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses, so they must have a differant God than the God of Moses:-

The descendants of Ishmael, the Ishmaelites, are numbered among the enemies of God (Allah) because as a nation the turned against God (Allah) and his people the Israelites:-

Psalm 83:1-9

O God, let there be no silence on your part; Do not keep speechless, and do not stay quiet, O Divine One.  

2 For, look! your very enemies are in an uproar; And the very ones intensely hating you have raised [their] head.  

3 Against your people they cunningly carry on their confidential talk; And they conspire against your concealed ones.  

4 They have said: "Come and let us efface them from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more."  

5 For with the heart they have unitedly exchanged counsel; Against you they proceeded to conclude even a covenant,  

6 The tents of Edom and the ISHMAELITES, Moab and the Hagrites,

7 Gebal and Ammon and Amalek, Philistia together with the inhabitants of Tyre.  

8 Also, Assyria itself has become joined with them; They have become an arm to the sons of Lot.

9 Do to them as to Midian, as to Sisera, As to Jabin at the torrent valley of Kishon*. ....

16 Fill their faces with dishonor, That people may search for your name, O Jehovah.

17 O may they be ashamed and be disturbed for all times, And may they become abashed and perish;

18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

*Which is to destroy them!

Edited by robin - 12 October 2008 at 11:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic