IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1st Question asked about islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st Question asked about islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 8:40am
 Has monogamy solved these problems?
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 2:50am

So if I thought I might be my stepdaughter's biological father that would make me less loving?  This makes sense to you?.

Ronn, your situation/circumstances are vastly different from that of a polyandrous situation, where a number of Dads are sharing a child whilst not-knowing the child's paternity. . . while you are a single-stepdad with a stepdaughter and no doubt have a pretty normal life. Your relationship is defined, it is not vague and unknown. There is no 'not-knowing' involved here. . . all the facts are clear as anything.

Testosterone is the male sex hormone.  There are two female sex hormones: estrogen and progesterone.  Fact..

True! HOWEVER, Testosterone is a hormone found in BOTH men & women, and is also known as the sex-hormone, because it is what determines the libido/sex-drive in BOTH men & women. Higher levels of Testosterone mean a higher sex-drive. . . and one of the reasons why men have a comparitively higher sex-drive, especially in most cases is because they naturally have higher levels of testosterone in thier bodies, compared to women. Women have lower levels then men. Thus have a comparitivley lower sex-drive. In men, testes produce testosterone and in women, ovaries produce it.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 5:40am
Quote However, there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that because women have less testosterone than men do, they have lower sexual interest than their male counterparts. Instead, it seems that women detect and react to much smaller amounts of testosterone in their circulation than men do.
http://health.discovery.com/centers/sex/sexpedia/hormone.html
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic