IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Let's Try Part 2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLet's Try Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:44pm
WHo was the last lady   { Mother of believers } whom Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam married ?

Answer: Maymouna bint Al-Harith (RA)
"Whosoever fears Allah, he will appoint for him a way out, and provide for him from where he does not expect"
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:46pm
asalamu alaykum,

I had tried to stop by a couple times but for some reason I couldn't get in.  I didn't have the time yesterday to come by but thank God now I can resume participation.  It seems we must be quick as brother woodstock is on top of things with correct answers, ma'sha Allah.

The last wife of the prophet (SAWS) is Maymuna bint al-Harith (RA).  She proposed the marriage herself when the prophet (SAWS) was 60 years old and he accepted.

Edited by Salams_wife - 09 May 2008 at 9:51am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 9:49am
Sorry Hamzah, I didn't see they created a part two and your answer wasn't on the part one.  Now I see they started a new thread.  Oh well, I am afraid it is going to be difficult to keep up with you all.  You are so quick!
Woodstock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:01pm
So basically they moved the thread while we were in it?

Well at least we're all together again. :)
Speak a little Learn alot.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:02pm

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahamtuallahi wa Barakatuhu,

So we have moved to a new section and a new thread as well Smile

May Allah swt, bless all of us to gain more knowledge and implement it in our lives.

Salams_wife , you said that Maimoonah RA, sent the proposal. But what i knew is Prophet's uncle persuaded  him to marry Maimoonah RA.. And so Prophet s.a.w.s , sent his other uncle with the proposal to her. And finally they were married . This marriage lasted for 3 years until. Prophet {s.a.w.s} left this world. Kindly, share us more details you have so that we confirm the correct answer.

Brother, Hamzah, we cud not read your posts yesterday. It would have been more fun. ANyways, JazakAllah for sharing an added information of  3 months and 2 days of Abu Bakr RA's khilafat.

Next Question { I see woodstock online again }

This question may require some time to get answered. Not the quick answer like yesterday. Anyways lets see ---

We all know the story of Ibrahim AS, leaving his wife Hajrah { Hajar } and his son {on the command of Allah swt } in a desert where there were no signs of life nor water.And then the water from  zam-zam and a tribe settling there ----- etc.

The question is, what are we learn to from this story ?

Sis Sakeenah, Bro.Mohammad, we wish you too to join us.

Am missing sis Alwardah and Aminah. They have been good contributors here. Hope they come back soon Unhappy
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:10pm
Here is the story as I read it:

Maymuna or Barra as she was then called, yearned to marry the Prophet. She went to her sister, Umm al Fadl to talk to her about that and she, in turn, spoke to her husband, al-Abbas. Al-Abbas immediately went to the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) with Maymuna's offer of marriage to him and her proposal was accepted. When the good news reached her, she was on a camel, and she immediately got off the camel and said, "The camel and what is on it is for the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)." They were married in the month of Shawwal in 7 AH just after the Muslims of Medina were permitted to visit Mecca under the terms of the treaty of Hudaybiyya to perform umra. Allah Almighty sent the following ayat about this:

Any believing woman who dedicates herself to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her, that is only for thee and not for the believers. (Quran 33:50)

Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:22pm

JazakAllahu Khair sister. I did not know that.

And even a verse was revealed then. SubhanAllah.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 6:28pm
My Question was

Next Question

This question may require some time to get answered. Not the quick answer like yesterday. Anyways lets see ---

We all know the story of Ibrahim AS, leaving his wife Hajrah { Hajar } and his son {on the command of Allah swt } in a desert where there were no signs of life nor water.And then the water from  zam-zam and a tribe settling there ----- etc.

The question is, what are we learn to from this story ?

Here is its answer
The story  of Hajrah { Hajar } Prophet Ibrahim AS, 's wife teaches us to have deep faith and sincere trust in Allah swt. When Ibrahim AS left her along with his infant son Ismaeel, at a place where there were no signs of life, she asked with no signs of panic , " Has Allah swt commanded you to do this ? " { Just imagine what would a modern muslimah of  ask ---}

Then Ibrahim AS said , "YES",

she said , " Then He {Allah swt} is not going to abandon us."

This response of hers teaches us to be optimistic  and trust in Allah swt always. . It is because of her complete trust in Allah swt that we remember her day and night and am sure she shall be remembered by us forever

Next Question

How many ahadeeth did Imam Bukhari collect ?

A } 347223     B } 891102    C } 600,000   D } 500,000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
  Share Topic