IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Topic Closed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTopic Closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Topic Closed
    Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:51pm
Topic Closed

Edited by fareeda - 09 May 2008 at 6:30am
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 4:57am
Are your children in school?  Maybe you could find friendship with parents of your children's classmates.  Join the Parent /Teacher organization.

Is there a singles group at your Mosque?  Many churches have singles group. 

GOD's Blessings.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 6:37am
Salams,

Thank you for your post, Believer.

I tried making friends with other Muslim children's parents but this didn't work out well. I do not see the point in joining non-muslim parent/teacher organizations as they are mostly non-muslims, I feel isolated in them and in fact I would hate being amongst the company of non Muslims all the time 24/7 who do not respect my beliefs or my faith. Plus, from what I have seen there are no good "Islamic" schools either.

Edited by fareeda - 05 May 2008 at 9:36am
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:17pm
Salams,

It seems like hardly anyone likes to discuss issues here.

Perhaps no one appreciates or trusts Big Brother watching our every move online and hackers, hacking our computers.

Quite understandable.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 2:37pm
you said- "I thought Muslims will become less ignorant but it seems it's going the other way around." 

What do you mean?  Maybe you are meant to teach them.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 3:08pm
May be I was meant to teach Islam, but who will listen today, in a world full of temptations and misguidance. A lot of people are weak in their iman, even in mosques and those running them.

In order to teach and give dawa, we need to know Islam ourselves and people need to be accepting of us 'teaching them'. We ourselves need to be strenghtened and receive support from fellow Muslims. It's no point inviting people who don't want to know or want to be 'taught', as they will only take it as an offense or that I am preaching.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by fareeda fareeda wrote:

It seems like hardly anyone likes to discuss issues here.
I'm not sure what you mean by that.  If you mean that not many people have replied to your message here, I think you need to give it a few days.  It also might also be worthwhile to get involved in some of the other discussions here and make some connections with other people first.

As for me, I am not a Muslim, so although I would be happy to make some suggestions I don't think you would find them suitable.  Salaam, and good luck in your search.
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 3:40am
Ronn I wasn't happy reading your message as I found it quite patronising and sarcastic.... in fact it's almost a personal attack!

Re: "I'm not sure what you mean by that.  If you mean that not many people have replied to your message here, I think you need to give it a few days."

ISLAMICALLY, in a "MUSLIM" forum, it is only righteousness, if Muslims who are volunteering would greet new members, say salams, or at least offer some empathy or advice. This is btw an Islamic concept, something that you wouldn't understand and that is why I am in a "Muslim" forum hoping to be in contact with other "Muslims". It used to be vaguely known as "courtesy" in your language.

"It also might also be worthwhile to get involved in some of the other discussions here and make some connections with other people first."

FYI, if only you had bothered searching, you would have noticed that I have already posted in other forums, yesterday, and it is not your business to tell me how, when or what to post in a forum. I am not naive or daft as you seem to imagine. I would have posted more if the moderators didn't take ten years to accept my posts as a new member, that in it self is off putting. I have posted a great length of time in other sites in many threads about various issues and I certainly don't need your unhelpful comments.

The reason why some people enter forums is only to get advice or support from others. When someone is in agony or is distressed or in difficulties or is depressed, you shouldn't act as a moderator TELLING them what, where and how to post before they are offered any support. Again that is not an Islamic way of doing things but from a selfish non Muslim tradition. There is no compulsion in how I follow my 'deen' (way of life), but of course, if you are an arrogant,  ignorant, imperialist then you wouldn't understand that.

Re: "As for me, I am not a Muslim, so although I would be happy to make some suggestions I don't think you would find them suitable. "

No thank you.

I am not in need of your suggestions already had plenty from non-muslims and tbh, I am tired of non-muslim advice 24/7.

I need Muslim support. I used to be around Muslims all the time in my younger days and I know the difference between the two. That has changed, esp with the new globalisation (NWO) and wars taking place. Some of my best friends have either been killed, died or have moved somewhere else and yes we have lost our home and homeland thanks to this government and that is why I ended up here in UK, not my choice.

Returning there now, is akin to euthanasia with the West terrorizing everyone (except themselves)!

RE: Salaam, and good luck in your search

Wasalam, I am sure I will be lucky without you, insha Allah!

Edited by fareeda - 06 May 2008 at 1:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic