IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Topic Closed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTopic Closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by fareeda fareeda wrote:

Ronn I wasn't happy reading your message as I found it quite patronising and sarcastic.... in fact it's almost a personal attack! 

My apologies, fareeda.  I certainly didn't mean to offend.  I guess the title of your message misled me into thinking that you might be looking for advice, but apparently I was wrong.  I won't trouble you further.
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

[QUOTE=fareeda]
My apologies, fareeda.  I certainly didn't mean to offend.  I guess the title of your message misled me into thinking that you might be looking for advice, but apparently I was wrong.  I won't trouble you further.

No problems, as long as you understand that yes I was looking for advice but from fellow Muslims, as at the moment I need moral support from my own community.  Anyway, I've received some PM messages from others, which was nice and kind.

Regards

Edited by fareeda - 07 May 2008 at 5:12am
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 1:21pm

Allah (swt) ordered us in the Quran not to verbally abuse those who offer us �Salam� simply because they are not Muslims.

You were too quick in taking offense from a member of this forum. Maybe you should work on your tolerance a little. I am sure you will be less lonely afterwards.

Respectfully
aka2x2
imp87 View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 2:53am

Fareeda:

Salams,

It seems like hardly anyone likes to discuss issues here.

Perhaps no one appreciates or trusts Big Brother watching our every move online and hackers, hacking our computers.

Quite understandable.

Salam, I do not think it is because of that, sometimes the forum is inactive because everyone is busy with work/school, or they might have missed your post, just wait a few days. On summer break everyone will be on this 24/7 Big%20smile make sure you here then, you will love it Insallah, and wont feel so lonely.

And there are a few people here who say things big brother dont like everyone to hear, there just on a break from what I gather lol.

Anyway before I go onto the post, I do not think RonWebb and the other dude meant anything bad Big%20smile

Anyway back to your post, I do not know what to say much, I do not know where in the UK you are, but have you been to any mosques around your area? There are a lot of Muslims here, you might meet a few sisters at one of them.  

There are people of many views out there, I have met people who I think are "narrow minded" to, just do not let that put you off because people do not represent our religion when they do bad, in the sense that however faulty we are, our religion is still beautiful.

There are some wonderful Muslims around and people around in this country to, just a two months ago I met a brother who taught me a lot in a few hours. The right people will just come one day, the wrong ones will go in a matter of days, hours, minutes ;) just be clever and you will see the ones who bring you harm and the ones who bring good.

Oh and dont worry about the neighbours, try ignore them, my last neighbours were a bit .......  to, but the current ones are beautiful people, Insallah Allah grant them Imaan.

Oh by the way, if you need advice, support or just to talk or debate lol, then check this site regularly Wink you will love it Insallah and there are a lot of sisters here you could talk to.

Just hang on there.

Edited by imp87 - 08 May 2008 at 2:54am
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 4:46am
It is interesting that there are an ever increasing number of single sisters that are ostricised within the muslim community. It is more common place than we care to admit.

Every day I hear more stories. I empathise with fareeda, and others in her situation. A visit to the masjid for casual meetings can also not proove fruitful, often depending on the level of 'emotional intelligence' of others.

Married sisters especially, forget all too quickly the loneliness felt by a single sister,due to their own personal family responsabilities with spouse and children. And I would urge any married brother that visits this forum, to educate his wife better on human kindness and good manners. Good manners costs nothing, and we should all emotionally embrace sisters into the circle of friendship and love.

Understanding Islam is vitally important to achieve such matters. Life is more than how we portray ourselves to others. It goes beyond everyday concerns we might have. Unfortunately even muslims put great importance on materialistic possessions. Although important for our wellbeing and comfort in life, these things mean very little in the greater aspect of our existence. And we have an obligation to fellow human beings to be kind, just, loving, compassionate etc.

It isnt hard to do. In fact it is easy. It just takes a bit of effort on our part.
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 10:40am
To aka2x2

You can start by expalaining, where have I "verbally abused" anyone? If you do not provide evidence then know that you have scandalized me. This is a discussion site and we are free to share our opinions, and debate in an Islamic manner which I have done. I suggest you get your facts right before using the holy Quran to scandalize and degrade Muslims, to create disunity.

Edited by fareeda - 08 May 2008 at 11:08am
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 10:41am
 Salams,

Jazak Allahkhair for the kind words, Martha!

Edited by fareeda - 08 May 2008 at 11:07am
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 8:14pm
Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir Rajeem,
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Rahim,

You might be interested in the following event, if its in your vicinity.

khair insha Allah

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic