IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Learning How to Pray  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Learning How to Pray

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheListener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Learning How to Pray
    Posted: 30 April 2008 at 2:09am
Could I please have some suggestions for the best internet sites or books to learn more about the proper way to pray.  Many of the sites are trying to be helpful, but simple drawings are not something my poor brain processes very well.

Also, is it acceptable to do the prayers in English for the time being?  (Arabic is for the months to come!)

Thanks.
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 11:23am
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 9:45am
Salaams and welcome,

Start the prayers in Englsih.. you do want to know wht you are saying. Smile

Arabic will come.. go at your pace.. not anyone else's.  I learned from the video. and it went fine.

Where in Australia are you?

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
TheListener View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheListener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 4:43pm
Thanks to both of you.

I'm in rural Queensland.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic