IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus was crucified according to historia  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus was crucified according to historia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 77>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 11:23pm

Angel: Some christians, signify Jesus upholding his identification with his humanity and fellowship with mankind, perhaps also conveying the idea that Jesus is the man par excellence. In this last context it serves as putting humans and Jesus on the same level.

As I told before, many verses (such as the above ones) apparently show that �The son of man� can not be Isa (as) because Isa (as) is talking about �The son of man� as a third person.

Jewish interpretation

As generally interpreted by Jews, denotes mankind generally, with special reference to their weakness and frailty (Job 25:6; Psalms 8:4; 144:3; 146:3; Book of Isaiah 51:12, etc.).

This can not be a general issue: The son of man.

It is a title frequently given to the prophet Ezekiel, probably to remind him of his human weakness.

In which verse? And what is the evidence for this claim?

Additionally, the Biblical book of Daniel mentions the prophet's vision of the coming of one 'like a son of man'; possibly implying that this is not actually a man but a divine figure.

When interpreting the Bible, one cannot exclusively rely on English translations. Son of man in Job 25 is ben adam (Hebrew: בן־אדם), and "son of man" in Psalms 144 is ben enosh (Hebrew: בן־אנוש).

Again, it is The son of man. I am not convinced that it is generally referring to human or Bani Adam, while I do not think this comes from a bad translation.

However, if we can not rely exclusively on the translation then on what ground Christians quote the verses of Bible? You see, even a bad translation of "a" to "the" or vice versa in a Holy scripture can make a considerable deviation. 

Edited by myahya - 04 July 2008 at 11:32pm
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 6:18am

John 10

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me� 15just as the Father knows me and I know the Father�and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life�only to take it up again. 18No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 1:08am
 Yes we know Jesus had other sheep too. But they were not in Palestine (kana'an).  robin wrote:

JESUS SAID HE WOULD DIE!

Jesus Christ as one of God�s prophets, cannot lie, he said he would die, not someone in his place!

Very good. Jesus said that he would die. It was true and he died. But not on the cross please. He may have died some where else. He also said that he will die himself and not some one in his place. That is also very good and correct. We do not believe that some one else died in  place of Jesus.

It follows that he must have said that every one will bear his own burden and no one will bear the burden (of sins) of others.. He must have said it. The same is written in the Quran that no one will bear the burden of others.

When no one else will die in place of Jesus then why should Jesus bear the burden of others?  That would be un-natural, illegal, irrational.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 6:48am
LOL!!  minuteman you are looking at Jesus as mere man.

Jesus layed His life down for us- sacrifice. 

Jesus was a gift of grace given to each and everyone of us from GOD.  By Jesus' sacrifice the debt of sin is paid.

GOD will judge you, the Muslim by how many good deeds you have performed, the Christian by their faith in Jesus.

I praise GOD for the beautiful gift of eternal life He has given me through Jesus.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

LOL!!  minuteman you are looking at Jesus as mere man.

Jesus layed His life down for us- sacrifice

Jesus was a gift of grace given to each and everyone of us from GOD.  By Jesus' sacrifice the debt of sin is paid.

GOD will judge you, the Muslim by how many good deeds you have performed, the Christian by their faith in Jesus.

I praise GOD for the beautiful gift of eternal life He has given me through Jesus.

You are not right. Jesus gave his life for you or me, i.e. sacrifice. But is Jesus the only person who gave his life in the cause of truth? If some one else also gave his life for us, shall we make him into a god?

You are mistaken about being judged by faith alone. That was a wrong lesson given to you by Saul of Tarsus. Jesus called every one to faith and good deeds. You are mistaken all around.

By Jesus sacrifice (unwilling sacrifice) the debt of sin cannot be paid. Who told you that and why should it be like that. I told you that many had given their life in the way of Allah. Jesus was not the only one. Please think over.

I have read some replies from Ron in another thread. He seems to be more near truth than you. We have noticed that you people use too many symbols / metaphors without telling that you are talking in symbolic language. You say that jesus was son of God. But you know that he was not son in the real sense of the word. But only in symbolic language, it could be so.

I will retrun later, please.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 4:12am

In the meantime, robin, please let us know :

1. if Jesus was the real son of God?
  2. If Ishmael was the real son of Abraham?

What is your opinion please?

Edited by minuteman - 08 July 2008 at 4:14am
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 6:55am
Hebrews 10
5Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
   "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
      but a body you prepared for me;
 6with burnt offerings and sin offerings
      you were not pleased.
 7Then I said, 'Here I am�it is written about me in the scroll�
      I have come to do your will, O God.' " 8First he said, "Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them" (although the law required them to be made). 9Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

minuteman -remember faith without works is dead. 

Remember each letter, Epistle in the New Testament was written to a different church.  Each church lacking in a different way in following the truth.
John 3
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 10:04am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

In the meantime, robin, please let us know :

1. if Jesus was the real son of God?
  2. If Ishmael was the real son of Abraham?

What is your opinion please?

Yes and Yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 77>
  Share Topic