IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus was crucified according to historia  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus was crucified according to historia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 77>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

HI Believer,

Jesus is a word of God, God said "be" and then Jesus was created, Quran 19:9.
"He said, "Thus said your Lord: `It is easy for Me to do. I created you before that, and you were nothing.' "

And according to the Bible:-

Revelation 3:14
"And to the angel of the congregation in La�o�di�ce�a write: These are the things that the Amen [another name for Jesus] says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God,
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 9:46am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

As I understand in Hinduism all the humans, animals, gods, and objects are one divine being

Incarnations of the One God.
Hasan

Just like the ancient Egyptians.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

HI Believer,

"He said, "Thus said your Lord: `It is easy for Me to do. I created you before that, and you were nothing.' "

"And to the angel of the congregation in La�o�di�ce�a write: These are the things that the Amen [another name for Jesus] says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God,

Robin,
I don't agree with your interpretation in the above quote. Whoever wrote and rewrote "Revelation" seem to have used words loosely and disrespectfully in my opinion.
Take for example:
"Revelation 1:5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, "

........14His (Jesus') head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

........16And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. "
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 1:24am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

HI Believer,

Robin,
I don't agree with your interpretation in the above quote. Whoever wrote and rewrote "Revelation" seem to have used words loosely and disrespectfully in my opinion.
Take for example:
"Revelation 1:5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, "

MEANS THE FIRST TO BE RESSURECTED TO IMMORTAL LIFE!

........14His (Jesus') head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

Means that he is sharp, alert, as he searches, tests, or expresses indignation on God behalf

........16And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
"

a sharp, long two-edged sword." What a fitting feature as Jesus is the one appointed to pronounce Jehovah�s final judgments against His enemies. Decisive utterances from his mouth result in the execution of all wicked ones.�Revelation 19:13, 15.

Hasan
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 4:13pm
Robin,
we all are good at explaining what things mean when they directly don't look good and are not in agreement with our belief, we try to find their hidden meanings the way we want them to sound like, don't we?

To you it may mean what you have said but to me it means what it reads.

"Revelation 1:5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, ............"

My second quote: 
"........16And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

you have tried to give your interpretation, but the fact is that its John who is describing what he saw:
I will quote the verses that will describe this a bit more:
:9 I, John, your brother and companion ............10 On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

12   I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. "

I can understand as it reads, "his face was like sun" we all use some times such expressions, as it says, 'like'
But  when the person writing describes what he sees: "and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edge sword"??

As I said before, loose language and words are used here as in many parts of the Bible, and I believe that God does not use loose words, even when He inspires His servents.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 11 June 2008 at 4:18pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 8:10pm

Hebrews 4 

12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 11:29am
believer,
in your quote the writer is comparing, 'word of God' to double-edged sword.  And I understand it fine, because it uses the words 'sharper than'.
but what I have quoted above and I will quote again does not say the same. It is not a comparsion rather a narration of what John saw in a vision. Remember he is not doing any comparision of any kind here he is simply saying what he saw, let me quote it again:
:9 I, John, your brother and companion ............10 On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

12   I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. ......................... 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. ..........."

Read again, and you will see that John is not comparing anything here rather saying what he saw in the vision.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 17 June 2008 at 11:34am

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 8:51pm

honeto -

Are you saying you believe it is an actual sword coming out of the "son of man's" mouth?

That a vision is strictly literal?

Edited by believer - 18 June 2008 at 8:52pm
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 77>
  Share Topic