IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus was crucified according to historia  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus was crucified according to historia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 77>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 12:44pm
beleiver,
you are looking for meanings other than what the words are saying:
Let us read again:
" and we ransomed him with a feast sacrifice"
who was offered for sacrifice? = Ishmael
what is a feast sacrifice? = being born and raised in city up in the mountain in south asia, near middle east, I can tell you what that means to me.

When you have a feast for guests or an event, you sacrifice or cut the best animal in your herd. Remember, its God providing replacement, a ransom for Ishmael. What is hard to understand here. If a sheperd can provide the best lamb or ram of his herd to his guests, can't God provide better, even more tremendous or the best ram for a replacement sacrifice of beloved (Ishmael) of his beloved (Abraham)??
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 07 May 2008 at 12:45pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 2:18pm
Yes, I understand that GOD can do this.  I was just saying that a ram is not mentioned and not all of man would know this.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:38pm
I was just saying that a ram is not mentioned and not all of man would know this.

The word used denotes something to feast on. Prophet Muhammad (saw) said it was a Ram. The world would know it if it asks the proper questions to the proper authorties of the knowledge in question. Not unlike other types of knowledge.
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 5:39am

OK, now I understand hadith and imam needed for understanding of the verses.  The verses are to be taken literally.

Yes as a Christian I know the story.  I was trying to understand what it would mean to those that did not know the whole story.  To the Christian it is a foretelling of the sacrifice or Jesus.

Genesis 22
12 "Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided."

Andalus sometimes your printing is so small I can not read it.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:16am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

OK, now I understand hadith and imam needed for understanding of the verses.  The verses are to be taken literally.

Yes as a Christian I know the story.  I was trying to understand what it would mean to those that did not know the whole story.  To the Christian it is a foretelling of the sacrifice or Jesus.

Genesis 22
12 "Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided."

Andalus sometimes your printing is so small I can not read it.

beleiver,
here is another classical example of Christians translating in their own words.
Here is the translation from a Jewish Bible, remember that Christians inherated the O/T from the Jews. Here is their version of the Genesis 22:14
"And Abraham called the name of that place Adonai-jireh; as it is said to this day: 'In the mount where the LORD is seen"
By the way this verse don't  give a tiny hint of Jesus' sacrifice.
Hasan 

Edited by honeto - 12 May 2008 at 11:17am
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:16am
honeto- I understand that if you believe the sacrifice did not happen that it would not be a foretelling. 

LOL!!  in the King James: 

14And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.The Lord sees",
John 3
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:57pm
believer,
you said, "To the Christian it is a foretelling of the sacrifice or Jesus."

I have asked you where in this verse is the forstelling of Jesus' sacrifice??
You did not answer that question. Forget obout how I believe, you say you see the fortelling of Jesus' sacrifice, where in this quote to you see that my friend?
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 13 May 2008 at 5:58pm

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:30am
My apologies, I should have used the word foreshadow.  Foretelling would have been an actual prophecy.

To the Christian it is a foreshadow of the sacrifice of Jesus.
John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 77>
  Share Topic