IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why do muslim countries not have strong economy?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do muslim countries not have strong economy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tariq abu View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tariq abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 9:32am
examples of muslim giving riba....their is opinions that say a muslim can give riba unmder nesseicty but how often is there a real nessicity to give riba.....99.9% of the times there is none at all it is very rare..but yet muslims take this opinion and misuse it as a need when they have only a want .....it is a shame that the muslims hearts are so weak the only remedy for this problem is that the muslims grow up get real and stop with this ignorant way they abide by..the strongest opinion is the sunnah and thats that.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Tariq abu Tariq abu wrote:

muslims are now following weak opinions knowing they can be downright wrong but they follow these doubtful opinions anyway and that is a reason why the muslims are in such a bad shape today.

Are there a few examples to illustrate your point?  Also, what would be the correct or stronger opinion we should follow?
Tariq abu View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tariq abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 4:51pm
the muslims need to understand that its not just the quran that we shold be following but we should be using our minds...we know that it is better to abvoid doubtful matters but it seems as though many of the muslims are now following weak opinions knowing they can be downright wrong but they follow these doubtful opinions anyway and that is a reason why the muslims are in such a bad shape today.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2008 at 8:19am

123 thanks Hayfa

Patty fails to understand that it's not some romantic case of hating or loving something. The sadness is that the US attempt at trying to make people love them by carpet bombing them didn't seem to work

Edited by Whisper - 30 November 2008 at 8:23am
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2008 at 4:16pm

Patty a queston? Were we not responsible for elected Bush Twice into office? We at least ARE accountable for better or worse cause we do "have a say."

And assuming you have been strong on your anti-abortion stance you probably did not vote for Gore or Kerry...  well.. if either have been elected would this sense stuff have happened??

i dont't actually think that Sasha hates Americans per say or the west. Many people are angry. Thie familes are DYING because the US in its arrogance but culturally and militarily decided it has the RIGHT to. If you think this war had one iota about "freedom" then honestly you've been brainwashed by this government. Sorry.

And it would be easy for you to be at "peace" you live in the woods in Maine and no one is bombing your home and shooting your family.

Its like if my brother was abusing my sister-in - law (which he does not) and her family was angry. I'd be pissed off and angry to. And YES I would agree that he is wrong  and should be stopped, punished and held accountable. He is my brother and I love him, but there is a higher moral standard. Just because it is my country so to speak, does not mean that I must remain loyal in the face of clear moral injustice.

It reminds me when white people could not understand why many black people were angry at white people in this country. How they're familes were enslaves, beaten, tourtures, treated like property, their names stolen, families destroyed, treated like dirt, dehumanized, segregated and the "why are you mad at me??"  Come on.

And now with internet, the whole world watches.. watches as we carpet bomb a people with little on their backs who face a winter of starvation. The world watches. And you cannot understand anger?? And yes there are Americans who "suffer." But it is all relative. And really, we did it to ourselves. no one is bombing us to smitherines...

And we as Americans are quite passive. Why, cause we really do lead a good life. Yeah, someone will loose their home and they'll move to an apartment. Sad, but their kids have a school. Yes we have some very poor people. But on a whole most Americans are quite well off by world-wide standards. And most Americans can care less as long as they have cheap gas. Where it comes from and hoe many peoples' lives we  destroy, they don't care.
And are most people "jealous" I don't think so, not anyone past 25.. but they are angry and how we abuse that power and destroy their lives in economic and political ways.

You speak about we are a "God believing" country.. well I don't think we are.. casue after 9-11 you know what it was it was revenge. people did not care who died. Let's go kill those Afghanis. Even when Paksitan offered Bin Laden. We refused. We wanted war. Did people fear God? No it was blood lust.

CLearly enough "God believing" people of the US believed it was alright to kill innicent people.  Becasue really the 12 people who attacked the US are dead. Dead to meet their maker. Other people may wonder what type of "God" we belieive in to kill the innocent in blood lust.

And actually there is nothing wrong with being angry in the face of injustice. I would say anyone with a higher moral code would be angry and be able to understand other's anger. You talk that you are upset and want "our boys home" but you cannot understand Sasha (or anyone else's anger-as you perceive it)??

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2008 at 3:25pm
The discussion started about the Muslim economies way before the current MBS market crash that kicked in around September .... thread started April 27

Edited by Sign*Reader - 22 November 2008 at 3:48pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2008 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Finally the thread was Muslim countries' economy!

Who has strong economy today? Everybody in the same boat of downturn and chaos!

Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Iran is the least effected muslim country by the current recession as I see it, except somehow from their European bussiness contracts. 

I've got this by email today. I can not read the signature so I don't know the original artist but I've decided to share anyway.

Right now each USD is 9350 Iranian Rials. It used to be 70 IRRs (Iranian Rials) before the 1979 revolution. This year the minimum monthly salary is around 2'300'000 IRRs.
The inflation rate is 25%!
The unemployment is 11% official who knows what is real!
You should be able to read the numbers, The first digit is 1 (۱) and those dot's are 0s ( ۰). In the middle it's written Many Thousand Rials

I thought this thread is about today's economic downturn.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Finally the thread was Muslim countries' economy!

Who has strong economy today? Everybody in the same boat of downturn and chaos!

Iran is the least effected muslim country by the current recession as I see it, except somehow from their European bussiness contracts.

I've got this by email today. I can not read the signature so I don't know the original artist but I've decided to share anyway.

Right now each USD is 9350 Iranian Rials. It used to be 70 IRRs (Iranian Rials) before the 1979 revolution. This year the minimum monthly salary is around 2'300'000 IRRs.
The inflation rate is 25%!
The unemployment is 11% official who knows what is real!
You should be able to read the numbers, The first digit is 1 (۱) and those dot's are 0s ( ۰). In the middle it's written Many Thousand Rials.

Edited by Sign*Reader - 21 November 2008 at 9:46pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic