IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why would Allah do this?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why would Allah do this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2008 at 5:46am

Lol where on earth did you read that Khalifah Othman bin Affan has burnt variation Qurans? Through gossip and hearsay?

You know why bible of today is not the authentic Word of Allah?? Because it is not the compilation of Original Torah and Gospel..It is now contain the words of historians. You read the bible with open mind and heart..it is full of fallacy�

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2008 at 6:35am

Muslim believe in Propeht Jesus (pbuh) and in the Original Gospel revealed to him. Muslims also believe that the true followers of Prophet Jesus were righteous people and are praised in the Quran in many verse. However those followers are not prophets and did not have the authority to change the religion of Prophet Jesus(pbuh) or replace his Gospel with what their own hands wrote.

The book of the New Testament have many contradictions. If the Holy Spirit was inspiring the writers of these books, then the books should be consistent! If what the people see in dreams represents the actual Will of Allah, then all people are Prophets because all people dream. If people coild prophesy, make laws and change the Law of Allah according to their dreams and according to the alleged inspiration of the Holy Spirit, then why did Allah send His Prophet Jesus (pbuh) and reveal His Gospel to him?

The New Testament Book contains many mistakes such as the confirmation that the generation of disciples would not pass away until the Kingdom of God comes (Mathew 16:27); Mathew 24:30-35; Mark 9:1). This incorrect prophecy proves that the Holy Spirit did not inspire the writers.

In Islam, dreams and personal insight are not considered sources of legislation. The concept of revelation in Islam is different; the revelation which represents the Will of Allah is what Allah revealed in the Quran and what He revealed to His Messenger Muhammad (pbuh). Islamic law is based on the Quran and on the Sunnah of the Propeht (pbuh) who was guided by the inspiration of Allah. No one has the right to changed it all even the scholars or to even make a law not ordained by Allah. The function of scholars is to inform what Allah and His prophet said, to explain the Law of Allah and guide people to the right path of Allaah following in the footsteps of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 6:04am
Truth-No, read history books about the Quran.  Start a thread about the contradictions and we can discuss them

In what way do you feel this is incorrect?  "The New Testament Book contains many mistakes such as the confirmation that the generation of disciples would not pass away until the Kingdom of God comes (Mathew 16:27); Mathew 24:30-35; Mark 9:1). "

There is no valid proof, just Mohammad's word.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 6:06am

Bukhari: vol. 6, hadith 514, p. 482; book 61

Narrated Umar bin Al-Khattab:

I heard Hisham bin Hakim reciting Surat Al-Furqan during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle and I listen to his recitation and noticed that he recited in several different ways which Allah's Apostle had not taught me. I was about to jump over him during his prayer, but I controlled my temper and when he had completed his prayer, I put his upper garment around his neck and seized him by it and said, "Who taught you this Surat which I heard you reciting ?" He replied, "Allah's Apostle taught it to me". I said, "You have told a lie, for Allah's Apostle taught it to me in a different way from yours". So I dragged him to Allah's Apostle and said, "I heard this person reciting Surat Al-Furqan in a way which you haven't taught me!". On that Allah's Apostle said, "Release him (Umar) recite, O Hisham!" Then he recited in the same way I heard him reciting. Then Allah's Apostle said, "It was revealed in this way", and added, "Recite, O Umar", I recited it as he had taught me. Allah's Apostle then said, "It was revealed in this way. This Qur'an has been revealed to be recited in seven different ways, so recite of it whichever is easier for you."

Bukhuri: vol. 4, hadith 682, book 56

Narrated Ibn Mas'ud:

I heard a person reciting a (Quranic) Verse in a certain way, and I had heard the Prophet reciting the same Verse in a different way. So I took him to the Prophet and informed him of that but I noticed the sign of disapproval on his face, and then he said, "Both of you are correct, so don't differ, for the nations before you differed, so they were destroyed."

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 6:10am
Narrated Anas bin Malik: Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to Uthman at the time when the people of Sham (Syria) and the people of Iraq were waging war to conquer Armenia and Azherbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their differences in the recitation of the Quran, so he said to Uthman, 'O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Quran) as Jews and Christians did before'. So Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, 'Send us the manuscripts of the Quran so that we may compile the Quranic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you'. Hafsa sent it to Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair, Said bin Al-As and Abdur Rahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies. Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, 'In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Quran, then write it in their (Quraishi) tongue'. They did so, and when they had written many copies, Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied and ordered that all the other Quranic materials whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt..." (29)
John 3
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 7:28pm

This is precisely the answer to your question, believer:

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to Uthman at the time when the people of Sham (Syria) and the people of Iraq were waging war to conquer Armenia and Azherbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their differences in the recitation of the Quran, so he said to Uthman, 'O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Quran) as Jews and Christians did before'. So Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, 'Send us the manuscripts of the Quran so that we may compile the Quranic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you'. Hafsa sent it to Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair, Said bin Al-As and Abdur Rahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies. Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, 'In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Quran, then write it in their (Quraishi) tongue'. They did so, and when they had written many copies, Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied and ordered that all the other Quranic materials whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt..." (29)

Your question about why Othman bin Affan burnt those various Quran is because those being burnt are not authentic and some discrepancies were located and it was just written by some people without authority thus making their own version and differ from those who knows it by heart. Othman bin Affan allow the compilation of the Quran in one language and that is the Qurays, the one which is known today, for uniformity and besides it is the language of the Prophet. The authentic book of Quran were compiled and checked by many of those knowledgeable men and memorizes it by heart during the time of the prophet. If the Quran is not the authentic word of Allah then it must have contradictions, just like what the bible has it now----CONTRADICTIONS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 7:30pm

Contradictions in the Bible:

The Christianity believes that they have God the Father (The Creator), God the Son (the Savior) and God the Holy Spirit (the Counselor). So based on common sense and simple logic, how can you say that God is one in three form? Is God One in three? Or three God in One? By the way, if Jesus is God the Son (Son of God) is really God or part of the God, doesn�t this contradict what the bible itself reports that no one can see God, nor hear His voice? The Bible states that:

John 5:37 �You have never heard His voice nor seen His face.�

Timothy 6:16 �No one has ever seen Him. And no one can see Him.�

Exodus 33:20 �No one can see Me that stay alive.�

How can we reconcile the dogma that Jesus is God and the Biblical testimony that no one has ever seen God nor hears His voice?? Didn�t the Jews at his time, his family and his followers SEE Jesus (God the Son, as some believe) and HEAR his voice? How can you reconcile what was testified by God in the Bible?

Isaiah 45:19 � I am the Lord, and there is no other God. I have not spoken in secret or kept my purpose hidden�.I am the Lord and I speak the truth; I make known what is right.�

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 7:36pm

Read the following verses CAREFULLY, CRITICALLY AND WITHOUT ANY PRECONCEPTIONS.

The One True God

The Old Testament:

a.    Deutronomy 6;4 �Hear, O Israel:The Lord our God is one Lord.�

b.    Isaiah 43:10-11 �You may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after Me. I, I am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.�

The New Testament:

a.    Matthew 19:16-17 �One came and said unto him, Good master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have entered life? And he (Jesus) said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God.�

b.    Timothy 2:5 �For there is one God and there is one mediator between God and men, the man is Jesus Christ.�

Can you recall other verses confirming that God is only One and not three?

The Quran said:

a.    Quran 112:1-4 �say: He is Allah, the One; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begets not, nor is He begotten; and there is none like unto Him.�

b.    Quran 21:25 �There is no God but I; so worship Me.�

c.    Quran 5:73 �They disbelieve who say: Allah (God) is one of three, for there is no God except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily, a grevious chastisement will befall the disbeliever among them.�

So, according to this affirmation, all other supposed gods or deities like Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Brahman, Vishnu, Shiva, Khrishna or Buddha are neither gods nor manifestations of the ONE TRUE GOD.

It was because of this false notion that after the Jews worshipped other gods, �The Lord�s anger burned against them.� (25:3). Likewise, Moses destroyed the golden calf. All God�s Prophets including Adam, Noah down to Jesus and Muhammad were sent by Allah, the Creator of everything to convey the same one message:

�The true God is only One. Worship HIM ALONE and keep His commandments.�

Since those prophets preached the same message, their religion must be the same one! Submission to the will of God is the essence of the message of those Prophets. This word �SUBMISSION� means �ISLAM� in Arabic.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic