IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - reliotionship with allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

reliotionship with allah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nazish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reliotionship with allah
    Posted: 12 April 2008 at 12:34pm
asalam, one of my chiristian friend was telling me that, there relationship with their god is of father and child and it is more close than the relationship of allah with muslims which is of slave and master and it is better in terms of love and closeness. how i should explain her my relationship as regard to allah in more better way in term of slave and master.
Chris G View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 3:22am
Hi. I am a Christian too, but trying to learn about Islam. I can see how your friend thought that relationship between Allah and Muslim seemed to be slave and master as I thought that when I first started reading the Quaran and other books about Islam, now I know different. I think one way may help your friend may be to show her some of the parts of the Quran where Mohammud under Allahs guidance did so much to care for Muslims and to help protect them. Show her too what Allah says Muslims should do e.g give to the needy, look after orphans etc. are all attributes of someone who cares not makes people into slaves. Hope that makes some sense and I have not offended in anyway.
nazish View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nazish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 10:45pm
assalam. thanks for your reply.i know allah is more caring and loving than a father, infact allah has more love, mercy, and care than 70 mothers(not just one father).This statement i am hearing since childhood but came to know its real meaning after understanding Quran.The Quran, he send for us is full of wisdom,the rules of dos and dont in quran are to protect us from tension and breakdown in this world.After completing just one para out of 30 I realized how merciful and loving he is towards us. I donot know what will happen to me in akhirat(hereafter) but i think i need this book of allah in this world for my survival in better way and i am uderstanding it so late and by the time i complete quran inshallah i will know my answer.
I  was just wodering that why allah gave us name banda(slave) while he does not treat us like slave but even better than a parents.
allah hafiz
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 6:39pm
As'Salamu Alaikum,

Nazish and Chris, was glad to see your discussion. To add up , "abd" is an arabic word which means slave. We believers are like that of a slave to Allah.  How does a slave be ? He submits himself to his master. He acts as his master commands. Is n't it ? Like wise a believer is a slave to Allah swt. He submits himself to Allah swt and acts to the commands of Allah swt with obedience and subservience.

Allah swt is the Almighty. We are always week before Him. He is All-Powerful. When we remind ourselves that we are slaves, we stand before him with humility and complete obedience like that of a slave. We regard Allah swt as our master and are to obey only Him, fear only Him ----.

As you said in your post Nazish that Allah swt loves us many a times than a mother. We get reminded of  a hadith from sahih Muslim.

Umar ibn Al-Khattab RA said: Captives were brought to the Prophet {Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam}after a battle. Among them was a woman desperately searching for something. When she laid her eyes on a baby she immediately picked it up, clutched it to her breast and started feeding it. Thereupon, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) asked,  "Do you think this woman would throw her child into a fire?" We said, "Never! By Allah!" The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) then said, "Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this woman is to her child." (Muslim)

SubhanAllah ! How beautiful is this hadith. Many a times better than a father or mother relationship. An other hadith says that the "Allah has divided Mercy into one  hundred parts. He kept ninety-nine parts with Him and sent down one part to the earth, and because of that one single part, His creatures are merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoof away from its foal, lest it should trample it." (Al-Bukhari)

Just imagine just one part of the mercy does this much then how shall those 99 parts of mercy be for its believers in the hereafter !

Hope Nazish, you must have got your answer. And you said that you are going thru the tafseer {commentary} too. It was very nice to know that. But get cleared any doubts you get while studying it. Don't move on with those doubts until clarified. May Allah swt help you in your dawah too. You can also help her  as chris suggested. That shall be helpful, insha-Allah.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
nazish View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nazish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 10:19pm
walekum assalam. thanks for your answer. i am totally convinced by your answer.actually Allah wants total surrenderness from us that why he called us abd.
The last hadith of patience is also full of wisdom.
jazak allah khair
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by nazish nazish wrote:

walekum assalam. thanks for your answer. i am totally convinced by your answer.actually Allah wants total surrenderness from us that why he called us abd.
The last hadith of patience is also full of wisdom.
jazak allah khair

It is nothing new. Even Abraham a.s. went down and touched the ground (as described in the bible OT) when the messenger angels of Allah came to him. He said, "My Lord, My Lord, have some rest here..."

The difference in the status is so much between man and Allah that nothing suits except the Lord and slave relationship. The father and son relation is not only sub-standard but it is also un-real. The father and son relationship, we have seen in the world. Both are creatures and as such they can be greedy for selfish motives. The son or the father can kill each other some times. In any case, there is no father and no real son in the relation of God and humanity.

Love is there, we agree. WE also do not deny the love of Allah for the mankind. Christianity is not alone in that. Some examples have been given of the Love of Allah in the above posts. Our God is ever powerful. He does not need anything, any son or brother. He is merciful in two special ways. That is Al-rehman and Al-Raheem.

The example of the love of mother and father is also something to do with their being merciful. That feeling of Mercy is described as a sign of love. But Allah is much more Merciful than any one else. His Mercy helps up in this life and in the next life. He is the ever living God. The father and mother may not live for long but Allah is living and Meriful. His Mercy with Love is a continuous blessing for all of us.

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 6:25pm
Hi,
a great topic and great input by everyone. I have run into similar situations where Christians according to their understanding and belief would say that "(God) the Father's relationship is of a special love for us". I remember something similar mentioned in the Quran about the Jews who claimed to be the favorites of God, and it says that "why do God still punishes them".
In other words, if their relationship is that special, why then the reality does not represent that, as many devout Christians can and do perish in the same way as a Muslim, Hindu, or a fire worshiper get affected or perishs whether be through natural disaster or an act of man? That's when the conversation shifts to......??
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 18 April 2008 at 6:40pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

nasirnoman View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nasirnoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 7:30am
Originally posted by nazish nazish wrote:

asalam, one of my chiristian friend was telling me that, there relationship with their god is of father and child and it is more close than the relationship of allah with muslims which is of slave and master and it is better in terms of love and closeness. how i should explain her my relationship as regard to allah in more better way in term of slave and master.

Assalam-o-Alikum,

I m new in this forum,My name is Nasir Noman and I m from Karachi Pakistan,My english is not very good, however I try to explain to you my anwser.

I just check the search Islamic discussion and I found this site and when I raed your question and then I join this site for try to given you anwser.

an Muslims relation with Allah you just understand that Allah Ask to all people who are Muslim or non Muslaim in Quraan Pak(now Ayat not remember)

"Allah Love to human more then 70 mothers"

now u can see an mother how to love with her child? I think more then father.

Our Pakistan an story is very famous between mother and child.

A man was loved to a girl, he want to merry with her but girl don�t want to merry,

One day girl ask him if you bring for me your mother heart then I can merry with you,

And man killed own mother and turnout heart from mother�s body and when he want go to girlfriend but suddenly his foot slip and he drop down on floor but amazingly mother heart ask his son �be care full my dear son�

This is one mother love to her son, when one mother how much love with her killer son please so do imagine this love with 70 time multiply and then try to understand to how much Allah love to an person either he love Allah or not. but however Allah love to all humans.

When Allah love to all so now you better can understand Allah how much love to Muslims who are follow the Islam.

I think in short words you can better understand what is the relation between Allah and Muslims.   

Nasir Noman

Edited by nasirnoman - 21 May 2008 at 7:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic