IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - taraweeh prayers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

taraweeh prayers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 12:20am
surly the shias follow thir imams....but the Imams dont invent anything...what has been said by Prophet Muhammad (a.s), the last Imam (a.s) will say the same....there is no difference in preaching...and no new inventions....

and according to those hadith, a new prayer was invented...and that has also been accepted by u(in sugar coated words).....therefore it is conclusive that taraveeh has no existance during the time of the prophet (a.s)...
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 3:37pm

asda, I had given you good reasons to understand that the prayer was already there, whatever its name and you cannot deny that. It was in practice. I told you and you agreed that Hazrat Umar did not call people from home to gather in the mosque for the prayers. It was already in practice. He only changed the style of the prayer and that is not such a sin to take it up seriously against a great leader (Imam)  of the Ummah.

So you can see your mistake in getting too much involved in this topic. What if the present mode of prayers called Traveeh was not there in the time of the prophet. It makes no difference. You may call it an invention. I ask you. Are you not inventing things into Shiaism? Where was any kinds of mourning in the time of the prophet s.a.w.s.?? The way you are all doing nowadays?? That you are all observing as a sacred duty every year??  Is it not all invented. And the practice of the horse and wailing and crying in the streets of the cities. I believe that is a great sin because that is not a prayer too and as such not necessary.

But You will give more importance to that ritual of yours while you will downplay another practice of the pure prayer of the Sunnis? How that is possible? How could that be allowed and admitted as a sacred mission and all your attack is on Traveeh only. You know that you have no justified ground to stand upon  in this matter as a Shia.

Edited by minuteman - 19 September 2008 at 3:41pm
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 8:06pm

Salaams,

This is like a ping-pong match..

I am not sure about how any thing can help solve the problems we are facing as Muslims. Sometimes it makes me sad.

And life goes on.. 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 6:06am
Wa'alaikumassalam sister Hayfa...

i agree with u that the debates are being streched for no reason...the important points in the 2 debates have been looked upon....and just to prolong it further, the brothers have done their best to change the topic of the orignal discussion..

well alhamd br.minuteman has stopped making rash remarks, tho br.seeks still havent managed to control his emotions...i have already pointed out to him....if seeks stop making comments like "shias are jahil,ignorant,blind etc etc" and stop changing the topic and avoid making worthless questions just to prolong the debate, inshallah u will see the fruits....i have already said, lets understand each other....and i wud like to thank br.minuteman for cooperating to an extent..

to br minuteman,
inshallah i will soon reply u, since u must know that we r bz with our majaalis and ebadaat as the big nights have started...

I pray to Allah (s.w.t) that all jaa'iz hajaat of u all be accepted and may Allah (s.w.t) give u the oppertunity for as much ebaadaat as possible in the nights of Laylatul Qadr....

Edited by asda - 20 September 2008 at 6:07am
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 4:03pm

asda, Have a good time, pray to Allah and ask His help. I wish you well and request you to work with Love for All and Hatred for none. Then we will meet, Insha Allah when you have free time.
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2008 at 6:59am
br minuteman; 1st of all our mourning practices are niether a kind of ritual....nor an invention....infact it is the sunnah of Rasulullah to mourn the death of a "Mohsin e Islam"(ppl who served Islam)....history is eveident of the fact that Rasullullah mourned more than 3 days for Hazrat Hamza, Hazrat Abu Talib and Bibi Khadija.....and i dont think i need to give u qotes for this...infact Rasulullah never stoped ppl from mourning them.....
wat i am trying to say is that the Prophet (a.s) had stopped people from praying that Prayer in congregation...and i have given sufficient proof for it...ok..lets leave it since u have been really rigid in it...and let the readers decide on there own...

mourning for not more than 3 days is not recomended (makrooh) for a normal person.....but if someone still feel like crying, there is no haraam in it....cuz it is all natural.....

it seems that both of u do have a very big problem with our Mourning and Showing of love for Ahle Bayt (a.s)...and the Prophet (a.s) as i have said, did not stop people from mourning the death of people who served greatly from Islam....in ure case the Prophet (a.s) had stopped ppl to perform in congregation....

well i have tried to remain passive on ure crticism to our mourning styles...infact we can prove it from quran...

infact its a common fact that self-flaggation is a way to release extreme emotions....and we can see the pious lady Hazrat Hajirah, the great Grandmother of the Prophet (a.s) in the following aayah:
"Then came forward his wife in grief, she smote her face and said (what! I) An old barren woman?"
Quran 51:29

we can see this action performed by the Prophets (a.s) wen in grief..

Tafseer Kabeer Volume 5 page 158:

"On one occasion Gibrael approached Prophet Yusuf (as) in Zundh and conveyed the news that his father had become blind on account of his weeping for him. Yusuf hit his hand on his head and said \'O I wish my mother did not give birth to me, so that I would have not become the cause of such sadness to my father\'

not only dat; the 2nd rashidite khalifa had once done this:

Kanz al Ummal, Vol.8, Page 117, Kitab al Maut

When Hadhrath Omar heard of Nu'man ibn Muqrin's death he beat his head and screamed, "O what a pity that Nu'man died"

to add to that, Aisha had said:

"Rasulullah (s) died while he was in my lap. Then I laid his head on a pillow and got up beating my face along with other women".
Bidayah wa al Nihayah, Volume 5, page 420

therefore we can see clearly in my post that;
1) mourning for more than 3 days was performed for The People Who Served Islam.
2) The act of self-flaggation is a part of mourning as it comes out naturally...

therefore the mourning for ashura is not an invention; but it is something which can be seen in sufficient examples to be allowed and not a sin as u say....hopefully this has cleared ure mind...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic