IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - taraweeh prayers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

taraweeh prayers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2008 at 12:33am

There is no such thing. Whether he (prophet) did not like it to be performed collectively, he did not say anything against it. He did not do it more than three nights.

The people were not misled. If they were praying in Ramadhan at night individually, each one on his own, that is also proved. So the problem now boils down to the practice of the praying being made colletive. That is all.

It is clear from your above post that the problem is now about why it was made collective. I admit that it was done by some one, any one. Now we are to work out whether it was a bad lesson or it was a good lesson.

Please remember that the single style prayer in the mosque in Ramadhan has no doubt. The doubt or your objection now rests on the collective form of the prayer as it is being observed nowadays. I hope I am right. We will let you know the reality of such a form of prayer soon. You have objection to the collective form of prayer in the mosque in Ramdhan. If people do ot pray collectively then they can pray on their own (individually) in the Mosque or other big place as much as they like.

Your objection is only that why they are praying behind one Imam collectively. The Imam reciting the Quran to the Jama'at and the Jama'at is listening to the Quran behind him. Your objection is to that form of prayer. Or is there some more problem?

Edited by minuteman - 14 September 2008 at 12:42am
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2008 at 4:57am
Quote He did not do it more than three nights.

and so he stopped praying it..inst it..

the single style prayer was not taraweeh.....its just that a new innovation was created...and then it was named taraweeh.....

well if the single style prayer was called taraweeh, was the mention of taraweeh ever done during the time of the prophet(a.s)??....i mean if such a prayer did exist..then there shud be mention of it....i mean someone cud hav clearly asked the prophet (a.s) to pray 8 or 20 rakahs??
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 11:06am

Did you admit that people were praying individually in the mosque at night in Ramadhan? Yes or NO? i.e. in the time of Hazrat Umar r.a. ? That will help. Please tell.
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 12:42pm
what has this question gotta do with the sunnah of the prophet(a.s)??

ok ya...ppl must be praying surly..
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 4:46pm

Okay, thank you very much. I wanted to know your opinion on simple things. That is good. If we agree in the very basic simple things then there can be further discussion.

You have agreed that people were praying in mosque individually during the time of second Imam hazrat Umar r.a.  Thank you.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 12:33am

The second Imam of the Ummah, hazrat Umar a.s. saw that people were praying individually in the mosque in large numbers at night in the Month of Ramadhan. They were reciting the Quran. He advised them to do it in congregation (collectively) instead of each one praying on his own. And yet there could be many small groups in prayers. The Traveeh is not any strictly proper obligatory prayer. Then there is no need to say anything against it too.

Many people did not know the Quran very well. They did not memorise the Quran. So hazrat sahib advised that one person should recite the Quran and the others should listen patiently. The followers (Muqtadeyeen) being Arabs could understand what was being said. So it was useful.
 The practice has continued till this day. It was a very wise step to promote the knowledge about Quran.

Edited by minuteman - 17 September 2008 at 12:34am
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 6:13am
jazakallah....that fits ure mind and my mind as well..

so where is taraveeh here, b4 umar made it...
if islam's rules change towards what is the needs of the people, then.....islam would not have existed today....

just because ppl had not memorized the quran, its not a gud reason to invent a new prayer...
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 2:01pm

I am also happy that you have agreed to the nature of the problem which has now boiled down to a small thing. That something was being done already and some one directed the matter and changed the style of the prayer. He did not order any one to pray to him. The prayer was to Allah facing Ka'abah.

But where is your bundle of Ahadith by which you were both maligning and piling up sin upon hazart Umar. Hazrat Umar was the rightly guided Caliph and Ameer ul Momineen. He could easily order things about prayer. Don't the Shias follow the way of their Imams? There is no harm in that. It is perfectly alright. It is not an obligatory prayer. It is another sort of Nawafil.

Edited by minuteman - 17 September 2008 at 2:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic