IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims definition of  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims definition of

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 7:31pm

Hasan answer this question for me are there false muslims and are there true muslims and how do you know the difference

No doubt there are 'false Muslims' and people correct people.. several keys are:
-believing/professing that another Prophet came after Prophet Mohammed (SAWS)
-believing/professing that there is more than one God
-claiming to speak for God

if someone is blatant about it,well its obvious. Otherwise Muslims are encouraged to let Allah do the judging, focus on remaining humble and obedient ourselves. No one can say what another thinks really or feels in their heart.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 9:04am
Hayfa and shasta -  Do you deny that the taliban exists?  That they are twisting the Quranic verses to use them to do their ibdding?

When a Chistian is killing in the name of GOD/Jesus then there is an unroar from Christians.

LOL!!  The Quran could be wrong and no more than comments from Mohammad about monotheism.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Hayfa and shasta -  Do you deny that the taliban exists?  That they are twisting the Quranic verses to use them to do their ibdding?

When a Chistian is killing in the name of GOD/Jesus then there is an unroar from Christians.

LOL!!  The Quran could be wrong and no more than comments from Mohammad about monotheism.

I don't know if a group the U.S. identifies as the Taliban, that acts the way the U.S. describes, exists. Just as I don't know that a group the U.S. identifies as al-Qaeda, that acts the way the U.S. describes, exists.

I have seen no valid proof of either as presented to us by the U.S. and western media. As far as I know they are just names assigned by our government to create boogeymen or give people here an entity to blame for those seeking retribution against the U.S. for their foreign policies. Instead of having to say that a group of people are fighting the U.S. because our government has interferred with their lives for the better part of a century, they can say there is a vast network of unknown enemies who might strike at us at anytime for reasons unknown other than they hate our freedom and the name of this evil group is al-Qaeda. We don't know where they are or who they are or what they are planning, BUT we know they exist!!!!

One of my best friends is from Afghanistan and her family had to flee the country in order to keep from being killed, but it was not by a group called the "Taliban" by Afghanis but rather a group of tribal hoodlums who had taken control through force.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2009 at 10:37am
Shasta- I hope your friends are safe now.  Do you think they will be able to go back?

Do you feel that the USA suppling weapons to the taliban when they were fighting the soviets was a good or bad thing?  Are you in the USA?

I am tempted to say we need to stick to our own business, but then we are blamed for not doing anything!

Hayfa - if Muslims are to let Allah do the judging then why cut off hands when someone steals?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by JOUBERAR JOUBERAR wrote:

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Originally posted by JOUBERAR JOUBERAR wrote:

Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Believer,

Yes Muslims believe that God sent Holy texts to Moses and Jesus, however these texts were corrupted. Quoting passages from The Quran stating that God sent these texts does not negate the fact that the texts were corrupted.

How can torah and the gospel be corrupted by few words or sevaral texts or the entire scriptures.
Because of the  quran the muslims believe everything in torah and the gospel is false or corrupt. 

Jouberar,
things read and understood wrong can not just mislead us they can also cause our doom, we believe.

Muslims, as myself don't believe that everything in Torah and the Gospel is false or corrupt. We do believe for sure that it has been altered by men and that is different than what you have said.

We believe, that God revealed them to His messangers, and those who followed and were in charge of their keeping twisted, deleted, added, altered parts that suite their interests and understanding, while the word of God in order to be pure was never to be treated as such. As it is said in the Bible, if one corrupts a word, corrupts the whole.

The result was a unsure situation where the pure word of God thus did not exist, so God revealed His pure word for the guidance of those who were still living and were to come till the end so they can be judged by it, the Quran.

Now, for me studying the Bible was an eye opener, I could not believe the degree of inconsistancies I was finding in it. And my conclusion was a confirmation that this book, the Bible, has been corrupted by men. It contradicts many issues, but the most important three: God, Jesus, and Salvation it is full of inconsistancies, if you are not aware of them, let me know and I will guide you through them.

Hasan

Hasan answer this question for me are there false muslims and are there true muslims and how do you know the difference ? 

Jouberar,
sorry I did not see this post until now, but here I am.
you are asking a question only God can and will answer it on the Day of Assembly. But let me say this if any submitts His whole self to God, does not worship beside God anything/anyone. Believes in the Day of Judgement when all truth will be revealed about each one of us, follow the limits set by God ,and mend their conduct based on fear of Justice those are the true believers and will be the ones who achieve Salvation.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Eaisha View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 11:34am
A rule I follow:

In the secular world,  to look up a particular subject, you would usually consult the age-old encyclopedia.  Pretending you had  3 sets of ENCYCLOPEDIAS, ....wouldn't it be most logical to research the NEWEST- the most recently published? 

In this respect - Divinely speaking -  our most recent text is the Quran.  The New Testament and the Torah are older editions .....
however, not to be totally discarded.   

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2009 at 4:17pm

I believe that to truly understand the Quran without man-made hadith and tasfir you must have read the Bible or at least read them together.

John 3
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Messiah?WHy do Muslims give Jesus this special title? 

What does "a word from" Allah mean, in regards to your belief that Jesus is mere man?

[3:45]
(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).

Can any one explain how Isa is Jesus' [Greek] name which in reality is really Yeshua [Hebrew]?

[4:171]
O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease! (it is) better for you! - Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.How can Jesus be considered Spirit from GOD

Ibn Maryam ( Jesus , Son Of Mary ) ; 2 ; 87 , 2 ; 253 , 3 ; 45 , 4 ; 157 , 4 ; 171 , 5 ; 49 , 5 ; 81 , 5 ; 113 , 5 ; 115 , 5 ; 117 , 5 ; 119 , 19 ; 34 , 33 ; 7 , 57 ; 27 , 61 ; 6 ,

Fourteen times as the Son of Mary , Ibn Maryam ) alone or with some other title; 5 ; 19 ( twice ), 49 ; 78 , 113 , 115 , 117 , 119 , 9 ; 31 , 19 ; 34 , 23 ; 50 , 43 ; 57 , 57 ; 27 , 61 ; 6 .

Once as the sign of the hour -- Alamus Saa'ati ) ; 43 ; 61

Eleven times as Rasuwl , 2 ; 87 , 3 ; 49 , 4 ; 157 , 5 ; 78 , 57 ; 27 , 2 ; 253 , 3 ; 52 - 53 , 4 ; 171 , 5 ; 114 , 61 ; 6 ,

The Messiah Jesus is mentioned on the Qur'an nine times named in conjuction with other Prophets ; 2; 136 , 3 ; 84 , 4 ; 163 , 5 ; 81 , 33 ; 7 , 42 ; 13 , 57 ; 26 - 27 , 6 ; 85 ,

The Messiah Jesus is mentioned as Isa in the Qur'an 10 times; 2 ; 136 , 3 ; 51 , 3 ; 54 , 3 ; 59 , 3 ; 84 , 4 ; 163 , 6 ; 85 , 42 ; 13 , 19 ; 34 , 43 ; 63 ,

The Messiah Jesus occurs in connection with Ar Ruhu -- as often as five times in the Qur'an. 2 ; 87 , 2 ; 253 , 5 ; 110 , 4 ; 171 , 21 ; 91 ,

El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic