IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Geert Wilders - Fitna  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geert Wilders - Fitna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 10:54am

Following article may be useful due to its relevance:

A FITNA FILM 
by Chandra Muzaffar

Another European has done it again. Anti-immigration right-wing Dutch politician, Geert Wilders, has made a15 minute film called Fitna (defamation) which features violent imagery of terrorist attacks in New York and Madrid set against passages from the Quran that are distorted and taken out of context. The film has been posted on internet sites.

The film is indeed a fitna against Islam and the truth.  It deliberately attempts to project the Quran as a scripture that justifies and legitimizes terrorism and violence perpetrated against innocent civilians.   This is a calumny against the Quran which warns against wanton violence and prohibits aggression.    

While fitna is being posted on internet, a theatre in Potsdam, Germany is planning to stage a play based on Salman Rushdie's  The Satanic Verses which also misrepresents the Quran and Muslim history and had provoked Muslim reactions almost 20 years ago. A few weeks ago, the Western media gave a lot of publicity to Pope Benedict XVI baptizing a former Muslim journalist from Egypt during Easter. In 2007, the Pope had delivered a lecture in which he gave a distorted interpretation to the Prophet Muhammad's mission. In 2006, a Danish newspaper published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad linking him to bombs and terror. A number of other newspapers and magazines followed the Danish example.  Earlier this year, some Danish newspapers republished those offensive cartoons.

Why is the Quran, why is the Prophet, targeted in this manner? Is it just Islam that is under attack?  Isn't it true that Jesus has also been vilified through films and books?  In fact, damning and defaming religion in general is the pastime of a segment of secular Europe. Among religions, the targeting of Islam appears to be more systematic and consistent.

There is a reason for this. It is part of the drive by the centers of power in the West to impose their hegemony over the Muslim world. As we have pointed out so often in the past, control over oil and strategic sea-lanes, the majority of which border Muslim  countries, is the motivating force.  However, to establish this control and dominance, the centers of power also have to target Islam and its followers. Islam has often served as the ideological inspiration for resistance to Western hegemony. This is why hegemonic forces have invariably sought to malign the religion in order to destroy resistance to their control and dominance. 

Predictably, a number of Muslim governments and religious leaders have issued statements condemning the film. The Secretary-General of the Organization of the Islamic Conference(OIC), Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu,  has described the film as "incitement for hatred and an act of defamation of religions, solely intended to provoke unrest and intolerance among people of different religious beliefs."  UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon, also condemned the airing of Fitna  "in the strongest terms" and added that  "there is no justification for hate speech or incitement to violence." The Dutch government, it should also be emphasized, has distanced itself from the Wilders' film.    

Muslims in different parts of the world have been holding demonstrations to protest against the film. So far no acts of destructive violence have been reported. It is important that protests remain peaceful. Otherwise, Muslims would be playing into the hands of those who are hell-bent on portraying Islam and Muslims as violence prone.

More than organizing protests, the substantial Muslim population in the Netherlands should mobilize resources and produce films that tell the truth about the Quran, the Prophet, and Muslim history. These films should be shown in the cinemas and posted on internet. There should be an honest and sincere attempt to discuss and understand violence in different religions and societies. The Dutch people should be made aware that there are references to violence in most scriptures --- the Torah and the Talmud; the old and new Testaments; the Quran and the Hadiths; the Ramayana and the Mahabharatha. What one should not do is to take them out of context, distort and misinterpret them.

There has also been a proposal by the former Malaysian Prime Minister, Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, to boycott Dutch products. It is worth considering. Middle and high income Muslim countries import a lot of food stuffs from the Netherlands. However, for a global boycott to succeed there should be careful planning, organization, mobilization and monitoring. As an immediate measure, it may be more feasible for Muslim governments to subject to a thorough review all current projects and contracts with Dutch companies. Both a consumer boycott and a review would serve to persuade Dutch citizens that it is in their own interest to isolate and insulate Islam baiters or other types of racists like Geert Wilders.

Dr. Chandra Muzaffar,

President,

International Movement for a Just World (JUST).

30 March 2008.  

http://www.just-international.org/article.cfm?newsid=2000268 7

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 11:55am
Shasta'sAunt - You wrote: "I see that you have copied my of your post almost verbatim from AnsweringIslam..."

I have never heard of that site nor used anything from it for my posts. I have been in dialog with Jews, Christians, and Muslims for at least a decade. I make my own posts. So. Is it not true that Muhammed and followers successfully attacked a Meccan Caravan, and that this is THE pivotol event in all of Islam?

ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 12:06pm
Shasta'sAunt

Do you deny Muhammed had critics executed? Several such events are proudly recorded from early times. I am surprised at you if you do not know about them. Do EYE need to cite authoritative sources to devout Muslims. IMHO, Muslims should already know these things.

In recent times we don't even need authoritative sources. We know the assasination Van Gho. We know the multitudes of death threats and fatwas eminating from the Muslim world against its critics. People critical of Islam are under 24 Hour armed quard all over Europe.

Here in the United States we seem less intimidated by our own population of Muslims. Probably because they have incomes higher then the average American. We have no illusions, however, that some primative Muslim People would use nuclear weapons on us.

I sort of wonder what would be the result of such an attack? I think the Muslim world would see what has already been done in Iraq, but with more, shall we say, DRAMA?

and many carefully chosen targets would Mushroom clouds over them.

ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 12:13pm
peacemaker

You complain about defimation of Islam. This is a very funny thing. You see, I have been following Arabic and other translation web sites that make fitna seem fit for Kindergarden. Your posturing on such matters is growning thin. We know what sort of propoganda goes on in the Muslim world. We just don't care.

Lately, however, we are becoming tired of Muslims who either lie about these things, don't care, or don't know. I even have transcripts from American mosques that would make your hair curl (well, mabe not YOUR hair).

My very most favorite is that American Soldiers in Irag have a standing practice to baynette pregnant Muslim women in order to obtain fetus craniums for ash trays. MUSLIMS, yah just gotta love 'em.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by ejdavid ejdavid wrote:

So. Is it not true that Muhammed and followers successfully attacked a Meccan Caravan, and that this is THE pivotol event in all of Islam?

Let me be the picayune and challenge you on this- No it is not true that the Meccan Caravan was successfully attacked!  You are making up your own history, and you will never be able to prove it cuz you rushed to post it without verifying the details and that was absolutely dumb!
Shame on you for twisting history I know the event you are talking about you can't get away with posting this!

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 2:41pm

For ejdavid: It was not the intent of the Muslims of madinah to attack any one. They were too weak to ask for any trouble. But the prophet was very wise. As soon as he reached Madinah, he met all the leaders there, even the Jews and made pact with them to defend the city in case of any attack. He was expecting attack from the pagans of Makkah.

And the pagans were planning to attack as they were sorry that the prophet had escaped alive. That was their crime number one to try to kill some one. Can you not see that please? Be reasonable. You cannot twist the history.

The prophet was not sleeping. he had informers who told him that attack from Makkah was imminent. A party of 1000 strong armed men had started from makkah. At the same time, a caravan of laden camel was travelling from Syria to Makkah. That caravan was an easy target for the Muslims. Normally, people would go to attack such easy target and get a lot of booty.

But the prophet, under divine guidance, and after consulting his friends, moved out of Madinah with hardly any armour. He had only 313 persons with him.  Before that, he even discussed with friends if they liked to remain in the city to protect it or they liked to go out and prevent an attack. That shows his innocence too.

The friends advised to go out of city to face the advancing army of the pagans. There was a battle at the field of Badr on 17th Ramadhan of the year 02 Hijrah, that was 13 March 0624 A.D.. The result was a complete downfall of the enemy forces. Please remember that this battle and the victory was forecast (mentioned) in the bible OT. I can present the exact words if required.

Edited by minuteman
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 3:01pm

ejdavid:

You wrote: "Shasta'sAunt - You wrote: "I see that you have copied my of your post almost verbatim from AnsweringIslam..."

I have never heard of that site nor used anything from it for my posts. I have been in dialog with Jews, Christians, and Muslims for at least a decade. I make my own posts. So. Is it not true that Muhammed and followers successfully attacked a Meccan Caravan, and that this is THE pivotol event in all of Islam?"

Yet here is YOUR post where you include the link to answering Islam. You may think that all Muslims are idiots and deceivers, but you are the only one caught in a blatant untruth here. 

Originally posted by ejdavid ejdavid wrote:

Muhammed and Islam made war upon much of the known world at the time. In this capacity he was not always benificent to those who crossed him. Even if they nothing more then imputent femail poets with suckling children. Some Muslims to this very day prescribe execution for those who are not properly respectful.

http://www.answering-islam.de/Main/Authors/Arlandson/dead_po ets.htm

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 3:12pm
seekshidayath and others. One by one. OK?

Openly condemn the death fatwah against Rusdie, and ALL the others, unequivicably and with your username attached. Then tell me that you do or do not believe
American troops bayonette pregnant Muslim women to obtain fetal craniums for ash trays.

Real simple. You guys up to it? In my experience Muslims do a ropa-dope. Declairing nothing and blaming every non Muslim in sight. IMHO, I believe Muslims are affraid to condem such Muslims, and for good reason. They just might kill YOU?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic