IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question for muslim families?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for muslim families?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 10:55pm
loooooooooooooooool Jamal Morelli 

You know what? I guess I have "hit" something
in Morelli's "sensitivity" he become obsessed with
 "KUFFAR"

Edited by Truth_light24
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Truth_light24 Truth_light24 wrote:

loooooooooooooooool Jamal Morelli 

You know what? I guess I have "hit" something
in Morelli's "sensitivity" he become obsessed with
 "KUFFAR"

Goodness.  I didn't know you were joking.  I thought you were sharing and trying to help our friend's non-muslim infidel families from burning in hell.  Do excuse. 
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 10:55am

The question of Kufr?? Not all are Kaafirs. They may be non believing in islam but they need not be kaafir. It is wrong to translate the word kaafir as "disbeliever or non believer". That is a very light view of the word Kaafir. Kaafir is a staunch enemy of Islam.

Please look at the new film which has been released on the net about Islam and Quran. The film is called Fitnah. It is released by a person in holland. He gives some examples of the severe words of the Quran about killing the kuffar. Smite them where you find them. Break their necks etc. The reason for all that is the wrong translation of the word Kaafir.

They say that it is ordered to kill the non believers (Kaafirs). See verse 4 of chapter 47. They say that the Islam is a terrorist religion.

[47:4] And when you meet in regular battle those who disbelieve, smite their necks; and, when you have overcome them, by causing great slaughter among them, bind fast the fetters - then afterwards either release them as a favour or by taking ransom - until the war lays down its burdens. That is the ordinance. And if Allah had so pleased, He could have punished them Himself, but He has willed that He may try some of you by others. And those who are killed in the way of Allah - He will never render their works vain.

If the translation was done correctly, nobody could mislead the public. Nobody could have made a film. The translation should be as follows:

[47:4] And when you meet in regular battle those who are enemies of Islam, smite their necks; and, when you have overcome them, by causing great slaughter among them, bind fast the fetters - then afterwards either release them as a favour or by taking ransom - until the war lays down its burdens. That is the ordinance. And if Allah had so pleased, He could have punished them Himself, but He has willed that He may try some of you by others. And those who are killed in the way of Allah - He will never render their works vain.

Similarly, The word kaafir should be translated as an enemy of Islam. Not just disbeliever.

Edited by minuteman
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 11:13am

Please note that all non-believers are not kaafirs. It is necessary to remain faithful in love with the non believing parents. It is necessary to serve them well and happily. It is necessary to meet them and to make them happy as much as possible. But it is not allowed to do anything against the will of Allah. Anything forbidden may not be done.

Hazrat Abu Hurairah ( a companion of the holy prophet) had a non-believing mother. She was an utter enemy of the prophet. She abused the prophet quite a lot. Did Abuhurairah get rid of her?? No. Did he abondon her?? No. She was an enemy.

One day she abused the prophet too much. Abu Hurairah was very upset and sad. He was weeping. He came to the prophet and said that he was very much hurt. His mother had abused the prophet too much.

The holy prophet said to Abu Hurairah, "Let us pray for her." They both prayed for her guidance. That evening, when Abu Hurairah went back home, he felt there was a curtain and some sound of water flowing. He waited until his mother had finished the bath. She came out of the bath room and said loudly " There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger."

The mother asked Abu Hurairah to take her to the prophet. The son was very happy to do that. So that is the way it is. In the case of Abraham a.s. it was same. he kept on persuading his father not to worship the idols. The Father did not agree. The father abused him. Abraham did not abondon his father. His father ordered him to leave the place and go away.

In short, I may say that in Makkah and madinah, it was the enemies, the Kuffar who broke the ties. Not the believers. Is that not enough proof that relations should not be broken. The breaking of the relations is the practice of the enemies of Islam. So those in this forum who have a mixed family and some members are non muslims, it is the duty of the Muslims (believers) to keep good contact (relations) with non believing members.

Edited by minuteman
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 10:09am
Very good points minuteman.  Everyone should remember that our parents especially should be loved and respected regardless of their beliefs.  I know I will have my own battles ahead when I have children, inshallah, and my family wants to celebrate these holidays.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 1:35am
Salaam,

To be judgemental is unlike a muslim. Muslim or non muslim, family or not, we should  treat people justly. Allah tells us to be so and the prophet's sunnah was such. We should always remember that Allah is the All Knowing, Most Just and the Most Merciful, so we need not worry about Allah's judgement.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic