IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "triple point" in physics  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"triple point" in physics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "triple point" in physics
    Posted: 19 March 2008 at 4:47pm

Water, under certain precise conditions of pressure and temperature, enters a triple state wherein it simultaneously and continuously passes to and from liquid to solid to gaseous forms, each of which is really 'water', and yet has its own identity.

The analogy with the simultaneous trinitarian nature of the godhead is obvious.

Likewise the two forms of light, wave and particle, suggest analogies with the two natures, divine and human, of Jesus; these are equally real and simultaneously operative, and yet we cannot fully focus on both at the same time.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 7:25pm

This is a ridiculous analogy for the Trinity.....

Read some of Peter Abelard's writings on the Trinity to know how to defend the trinitarian argument.

truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Water, under certain precise conditions of pressure and temperature, enters a triple state wherein it simultaneously and continuously passes to and from liquid to solid to gaseous forms, each of which is really 'water', and yet has its own identity.

That would mean the nature of it is the same and the identity is different like Father and son. Is the nature of the father and son are the same?

Jesus said: "Why do you call me good? No one is good
but God alone."
(Mark 10:18)

According to Jesus (S) he confesses that he is not good!

tnc

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 9:35pm

Science and religion never mix

Not so long ago church was trying to kill science [galileo, anyone?]
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 10:15pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Science and religion never mix

Not so long ago church was trying to kill science [galileo, anyone?]

I am not sure on that one, I think you should follow this link: www.miraclesofthequran.com

tnc

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 12:28am

correct me if I am wrong

I don't think that Quran ever claimed to be book of science, It is a book of guidance.

Edited by ak_m_f
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 6:11am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Likewise the two forms of light, wave and particle, suggest analogies with the two natures, divine and human, of Jesus; these are equally real and simultaneously operative, and yet we cannot fully focus on both at the same time.

Your analogy implies modalism. It is a heresy according to most church doctrines.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:33pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

correct me if I am wrong

I don't think that Quran ever claimed to be book of science, It is a book of guidance.

You are right that Quran is not a book for science. But tnc is right about not agreeing with you.

Part of your post was right about Galileo and the anti-science attitude of the church. The matter about science and Quran can be understood as follows:

The science or nature is the work of God (Allah). He has created or made the nature and its rules (laws) etc. The entire Universe is the work of God in which the laws of science are applying. The laws are also made by Allah.

The Science is the work of God and the Quran is the word of God. There is no difference in the work (Kaam) of God and the word (Kalaam) of God. God will not say something else and do something else. There is no disparity between His work and His word.

In that we say that whatever is described in the Quran, even though it is not as a text book of science, whatever is described is according to science. Or, at least the science has not been able to disprove anything that is stated in the Quran. Rather most of the scientific truths are described in the Quran.

I will give just one very small example: The scientists are struggling to find life in other planets. They are looking for water in the other planets first. Why?? Because they know that if there will be water there will be life. And please remember that Quran says about it: "We have created every living thing from water". See Below:

[21:30] Do not the disbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were a closed up-mass, then We opened them out? And We made of water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

Then there is mention of creating everything in pairs. See below:

[51:48] And the earth We have spread out, and how excellently do We spread it out!
[51:49] And of everything have We created pairs that you may reflect.

Also:

78:8] And We have created you in pairs.

These and many other things are described in the Quran and science admits those things.

Edited by minuteman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic