IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does everyone think they are a scholar?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDoes everyone think they are a scholar?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Originally posted by Noah Noah wrote:

jenni try and read this book online

Im sure it will answer you quetion

Peace
Noah

Bro Noah, this book is lacking authenticity and doesn't represent a scholarly researched writting. Picking up Quranic verses from here and there to negate sunnah is not at all a wise approach. We all know it took Quran almost 23 years to reveal, without reading it in its proper historical context to falsify ahadith, is thus, a big falacy. Hence, it is the work of none other than people like Saint Apple Pie and company.

May Allah provide us true guidance in our endeavor for the right direction. Amin.

Peace brother

Authenticity? I disagree with the tone used in the article. there is no need to be that snide. But i agree with what it says a long way down the line. I take the Quran for what it is, and i trust the book, and thus God and his prophet, when the Quran states that it contains all examples, is easy to learn, is the criterion etc. To me it is clear as daylight that we where never intended to use anything but Quran as relegious guidence. And its hardly random quotes, i can make you a full list of all the  ayat where its made clear.  The way i see it the hadith keep the book in the context of 1400 years ago, where it really was meant to be for all times. It is meant for all people and cultures, yet people insist that we should wear the same clothes have the same beard etc. because of hadith. Many men cannot even have beards. To me this is cult syndrome. But to each their own. Im not God, im nobodys judge, all i can do is what God expects me to. Educate myself, use my reason, my sense, and verify all things before i accept them ,and listen to all being said, and follow the best.

a great Quran tool
http://www.studyquran.co.uk/

Peace
Noah

Edited by Noah
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 3:27am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Please continue the discussion here
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic