IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CELEBRATION OF PROPHET’S BIRTHDAY  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CELEBRATION OF PROPHET�S BIRTHDAY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CELEBRATION OF PROPHET�S BIRTHDAY
    Posted: 14 March 2008 at 6:19pm

The celebration of the birthday of the Prophet is one of those "Contemporary Innovations".  Contemporary Bid�ah are numerous due to the distant time span which separates the Muslim today from the Prophetic era, the scarcity of knowledge, and the large number of promoters of Bid�ah and violations in Islamic adherence. Resembling the infidel�s costum and rituals is another reason, as the foretold by the Prophet:

�You certainly shall follow the tracks of those before you�. At-Tirmidhi

Ignorant Muslims and deviant scholars celebrate the month of Rabi al-Awal, the Messengers birthday. Some hold this function in masjeed and some at homes while others in designated places that are prepared for this purpose.  Large number attend such celebration, copying the Christians in their Bid�ah of celebrating Christmas. Such celebration also include some polytheistic practices and objectionable things such as reciting litanies that include excessive praising of the Prophet of Allah. The prophet forbade revering him excessively:

�Do not adulate me as the Christians adulate the son of Maryam, I am only human, therefore, call me the slave of Allah and His Messenger.� (Bukhari and Muslim)

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 11:10pm

Very true and simple. But who will make the Brelvi muslims believe that !  They are fully ready to celebrate the B day of the prophet in many forms, in a form of huge processions on the streets.

It seems that it is a reply to the Shias who do something on the streets on 10 Muharram every year. I feel that the best thing to do about the celebartion of the birth of the holy prophet is to do some sessions explaining his way of life  (i.e. his seerat).

poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 9:49am

Mrs Be Aql Khan Usta : On the night of MIRAJ at the birth place of CHRIST Baitulham
MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim and Jibraeel Alahi Sallam
Praised ALLAH for his birth with SALATH DUROOD and SALAM
And CHRIST said in true INJEEL
Comforter will come by ALLAH'S will
And Comforter will remain with you forever
Yes he said forever because he is the HAYATUN NABI the Immortal chair
This living SANSAR only exist because of his Immortal KURSI
Therefore he who forbids the MILADUN NABI he who commits the HERESY

from SWEETSWORDS 111 [ Most Distressed Durood ]

�Do not adulate me as the Christians adulate the son of Maryam, I am only human, therefore, call me the slave of Allah and His Messenger.� (Bukhari and Muslim)

Edited by poga
imp87 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imp87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 9:12am

Can i ask what is meant by celebration? or lets say what do people actually do?

So what if there is a talk that is held on this day about the life of our Prophet Muhhamed s.a.w.

I mean a simple talk about his life? but happens to be on this day.

Do we go or not? how does anyone know the intentions of the dozens of people who attend these events? I am asking because there are sincere people out there who go to learn something and not for party and fun.

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 9:42am
quote:  "Ignorant Muslims and deviant scholars"

Now that's what I call a party!

My house is filled with family and smiling faces returning from mosque to celebrate the birthday of the Prophet - henna being done up on the women returning from the local coiffure.   I smell incense from Saudi and probably Malaysian jowee.  It is a beautiful spring day today, t'barak Allah.

Enjoy yourselves and love God, his Prophets and some decent food, y'all...

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 12:18pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

assalamu alaikum

"Ignorant Muslims and deviant scholars"

If you dont know how to discuss a topic then dont say anything at all, how do you know that every scholar in History that condoned mawlid was a deviant....the answer is you dont, you are simply shooting your mouth of and insulting some people allah loves, as they say in contemporary times "sucks to be you" on the big day.

The celebration of the birthday of the Prophet is one of those "Contemporary Innovations".

i can only draw one of two conclusions about this point, you are either ignorant of the history of mawlid or you are just learning to speak english, dont worry we where all there at one point in time including myself. You cant describe something that has existed in islam for more than a thousand years as contemporary, maybe you should research the topic properly beffore calling various ulumah deviant for no reason.....if remembering the prophet is deviant then what are you by that standard?

you are stetching the meaning of this hadith to mean that one should not praise the prophet in ANY sence, a haram thing advocate for obvious reasons, what you legaly have to prove is that people are going to extremes in what they do like the shia on ashura becouse rasul allah [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam] was using the christians as an example of extreme veneration not as an example against ANY type of veneration.

Our Uluma took there nafs out of the equation when studying these ahadith they didnt bend and twist the meanings towards there personal bias like you are doing.

�You certainly shall follow the tracks of those before you�. At-Tirmidhi

if this was ever a hadith against "any type" of imitation of christians then why dont we stop using the solar calander  or rather the "gregorian" calender [
decreed by Pope Gregory XIII, after whom it was named, on 24 February 1582 by papal bull Inter gravissimas]. He wasnt reffering to things which have a benefit in them such as remembrance and certainly wasnt intending outlawing things for the simple sake of them being new, if this is the key principle in your legal theory that you are attempting to establish then you should quickly stop using the internet br and not bother coming onto this forum anylonger its a bidah that wasnt around in the prophets time.....no doubt your commen sence will override this obvious truth [that it wasnt around] so why doesnt it override the misconception you have about mawlid.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 2:39pm

The celebration in the form of discussing the life (Seerat) of the prophet s.a.w.s. is alright. That is necessary. But what goes on in India and Pakistan in the name of the prophet's birthday may not be the approved way.

Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 5:07pm
Yes, minuteman. There are lots of innovations being done nowadays on how people celebrate the birth of the Prophet. To love him is to make him realize his mission to us, to follow the commands of Allah the best that we can and be sincere in our belief.

I am not a scholar either but I read and I think no one here is a scholar. I just post here what I read and believe in with a support from either ayah or hadith and its up to those who read it if they agree or not. I dont like debates.

Sorry if "ignorant" words made you react that way but I dont have other terms to use other than that.

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic