IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus’ new commandment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus� new commandment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 7:36am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

NO kidding!!!  LOL!!  Jesus told man to love one another- He was prophesying that they would not!!  LOL!! 

He stated that he brought the sword. If he were the Prince of Peace he would have presented himself and beliefs in such a way that would not have caused such dissention. 

If his sole mission was to come here as saviour of mankind, then why not do it correctly?  He was God, after all.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 16 April 2008 at 7:36am
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 3:52pm
"If he were the Prince of Peace he would have presented himself and beliefs in such a way that would not have caused such dissention."

HOW?

I believe that it was done correctly.  
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:04pm
Hi beleiver,
Shasta's Aunt brings another good point, which in turn brings us to another contradiction of the followers of the Bible. In fact according to the Bible Jesus' death on the cross paid for not just their (those who claim to follow him) sins, but the sins of the whole world. And remember this verse says for the whole world, no one excuded!
1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 16 April 2008 at 4:05pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

"If he were the Prince of Peace he would have presented himself and beliefs in such a way that would not have caused such dissention."

HOW?

I believe that it was done correctly.  

And yet people still do not believe he was God or the son of God. They do not even believe he was the Messiah, for whom they were waiting.  They fight over religion and even within Christianity there is disagreement and division.  Apparently something went very awry.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 16 April 2008 at 4:07pm
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 5:47pm
Shasta- HOW?  How would you have done it in a better way?  correct way?

YES!!  MAN is the problem they don't see the beautiful gift from GOD that is right in front of their face.  So often the disagreements are very st**id, I am glad the majority of us think of other Christian denominations as just following a different expression of Christianity.

honeto - Not sure what you are saying, but Yes! Jesus died for the sins of all of mankind, Mohammad, Osama bin Laden, me, you, Abraham, minuteman, etc.

GOD is just, evil is done a price must be paid, He sacrificed His Son and we are all saved.  It is really very simple. 

You choose to believe or not.  I just want you to understand what Christians believe.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 6:17pm
believer,
you said," GOD is just, evil is done a price must be paid, He sacrificed His Son and we are all saved.  It is really very simple"

beleiver I thought you said  he was God in human form, now you say God sent his son for sacrifice??

Are you going in circles again??
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 16 April 2008 at 6:18pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 6:45pm
lol!

honeto, look at it this way. When Muhammed was revealing quranic verses, he wasn't coming from himself but of God (not being God so don't mistake me please) and at other times he was himself. So its possible that its the same for Jesus.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 6:47pm
I think some people get mixed with the saying, when Jesus, says I am god we are gods its not God God, its the presentation of the "g" "G"
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic