IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus’ new commandment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus� new commandment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 11:16am
Hi believer,
you say "It is not what Jesus wanted "
Two issues with that statement of yours:
One, according to the quote, Jesus is not guessing what will happen rather he is declaring a statement, saying: " Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to �set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law�; 36 and �a man�s enemies will be those of his own household."

Second: (whe you say, "It is not what Jesus wanted")
Are you admiting the all power nature of God while not all powerful nature of Jesus.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

honeto-  It is not what Jesus wanted , He was telling us what was in store.  Jesus was right, look at the hatred aimed at Christians.

monasjazz - Yes, we are to love the sinner, but that does not mean that we love the sin or that the sin does not go unpunished. 

So you're interpretation of this Verse is that Jesus was predicting that His teachings would cause wars? Cause families and nations to turn against each other?
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 2:39am
 Believer is saying that Jesus did not know what he was talking about. The words of Jesus are clear that he had not come to make peace in the world. But believer is giving different meaning to it as if Jesus did not know what he was trying to say. Why not believer believe that Jesus had not come to make peace in the world? Why be ashamed of it?

Even though we Muslims need not blame Jesus for anything. But we would not allow believer to twist the meanings.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 7:16am
LOL!!  I can't believe how hard it is for you to understand.  

GOD gave us free will to choose our path. 

Jesus was giving ALL the gift of salvation.  Jesus was ready this is what He wanted.

People chose to fight against each other, not believe,  not allow the believers to follow Jesus. 

minuteman - you are putting words in my mouth.  Is this the type of lying allowed by Mohammad/Allah?  Are you laughing to yourself thinking you are so witty talking badly about Jesus?  GOD forgive you.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

LOL!!  I can't believe how hard it is for you to understand.  

GOD gave us free will to choose our path. 

Jesus was giving ALL the gift of salvation.  Jesus was ready this is what He wanted.

People chose to fight against each other, not believe,  not allow the believers to follow Jesus. 

minuteman - you are putting words in my mouth.  Is this the type of lying allowed by Mohammad/Allah?  Are you laughing to yourself thinking you are so witty talking badly about Jesus?  GOD forgive you.

believer,
I think what Jesus is refered here to say is wrongly associated with him. I believe a prophet (let alone a prince of peace) will never announce, yes that's what he is doing here,announcing that:
34 �Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to �set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law�; 36 and �a man�s enemies will be those of his own household.�
I think its more clear than what you are trying to say.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 7:20pm
Maybe if you read the whole chapter:

Matthew 10
Jesus Sends Out the Twelve
 1He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

2These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; 3Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; 4Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.

5These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 9Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; 10take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep.

11"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave. 12As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. 15I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town. 16I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

17"Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

21"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

24"A student is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. 25It is enough for the student to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebub, how much more the members of his household!

26"So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

32"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn
   " 'a man against his father,
      a daughter against her mother,
   a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw�
    36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

40"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. 41Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. 42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 3:08pm
Hi believer,
I still do not see your title stand up to what is written in these verses. You are trying to say, when you started this topic, " Jesus' new commandment" which you claim is peace and love, as I have heard Christians often proclaim him as, the prince of peace.
These quotes certainly do not support that claim, if that's what you were getting at. Jesus' new commandment, "love one another" or peace. These verses regardless of reading the whole book don't change the perception they give. 
Hasan

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 8:17pm
NO kidding!!!  LOL!!  Jesus told man to love one another- He was prophesying that they would not!!  LOL!! 
John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic