IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FATHER’S DEATH  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FATHER’S DEATH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FATHER’S DEATH
    Posted: 03 March 2008 at 8:13am

A man died the other day.

He was not a famous man, he was not a rich man, and he was not a powerful man. He was an honest Muslim, a hard-worker, a good husband and a good father. He happened to be my father.

He taught me about Allah (swt) and Islam, and he taught me right from wrong. He taught me about honesty and integrity. He taught me the difference between men and beasts. He taught me that the former take responsibility and the latter don�t. He taught me that before I claim to be a Muslim I have to be a man.

He taught me these, and many other things, and now he is gone.

I loved him as a father and a friend and my life will be less bright without him. May Allah have mercy on his soul and enter him into paradise.

Respectfully
aka2x2
poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 8:52am

Innalillahi Wa Innah Ilahir Raziun

May ALLAH grant your mine and all MUSLIM ease in the Grave and forgive them AMIN

I wrote this poem for my father who died in 1988

Incidentally this was my first poem i wrote it after his death and did not wrote any more till i re started writing four years ago

SWEETSWORDS 43 [ R.I.P ]

BISMILLAH

Poga Humayun Dundiwala

He was with me yesterday
I will be with him tomorrow
In between dangling pendulum of pleasure
That separates us
Is called now
One breath in one breath out
No one knows how

Poga Say's in a foolington maze

Know how is well known among
Well trained ignorants
Bagful of bigots and artful those aspirants
Know how of graveyard is not of dead
It is the place of human spirituality
Unknown to physical head

He was with GOD yesterday
He is with GOD now
We will meet tomorrow
Only GOD knows how

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
This poem is dedicated to SOOWA MIAH and OLLIE MORTUZA
------------------------------------------------------------ ------

Shoowa Miah is my father Ollie was my nephew

Edited by poga
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 11:21am

Sorry to hear about this sad news. Aka You had told us about the illness of your father. It is sad that he has passed away. But so is the way of life. He used to wish you well and used to pray for your well being. You have been deprived of his prayers now. May Allah bless his soul in peace in heavens. I post the prayer in your own words below and I say Ameen.

I loved him as a father and a friend and my life will be less bright without him. May Allah have mercy on his soul and enter him into paradise.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 2:53pm

We ask that Allah, Most High, has mercy upon him and forgive him.  Further, that his children are righteous and that this becomes a source of extra blessings for your dad.

Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 3:31pm
INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAYHI RAJIUUN

Continue the good deeds be a righteous son for only an offspring's supplication can help the dead. The Prophet said:

�When a human being dies, all his deeds are terminated (from gaining more rewards) except for three types: an ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge (of Islam) and a righteous child who supplicates for him.� ( Sahih Muslim 1631)

The deeds of his children will directly affect him depending on how he raised his offspring, righteously or sinfully. If he raised them to become a good Moslem, then he will benefit from all their good deeds. Equally, if he raised them sinfully, then he will benefit from all their bad deeds.However, if he has done his responsibilities as parent towards his children, taught them to become a righteous and yet, his offspring still doing otherwise, then as Allah said in Surah Al-Annam

��no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another.. � Quran 6:164

As the Prophet (pbuh) said:

�He who calls to guidance will receive rewards similar to the rewards of those who follow him, without reducing any of their rewards. And he who calls to misguidance will receive sins similar to the sins of those who follow him, without reducing any of their sins.� Sahih Muslim 2674

May Allah keep his soul and be among those He has bestowed Mercy, ameen.

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by aka2x2 aka2x2 wrote:

A man died the other day.

He was not a famous man, he was not a rich man, and he was not a powerful man. He was an honest Muslim, a hard-worker, a good husband and a good father. He happened to be my father.

Inna lillahi wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioon. -

May Allah swt, grant patience to you and your family. May Allah swt, turn your father's  place of rest { grave } into a Garden of Jannah.

Indeed, none can fill up this vaccum in one's life. But brother, just a reminder, you need to be now more conscious of your deeds and try to be more good, as it may be rewarding for your father too.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
infomagination View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infomagination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 9:43pm

Inna lillahi wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioon.

May Allah grant your dad the highest rankings in Jannat.

"One morning or evening in the path of Allah is better than the world and all it contains. A hand-span or a whip's length of Jannat is better that the world and all it contains..."Sayings of Nabi(SAW)
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 5:24am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilaihi Raji'un

Alhamdulillah you can consider yourself lucky that you shared time with your father and he was your friend as well. Treasure the memories as none can take it away. Continue on the way he guided you and he will also be rewarded with every reward you earn. Remember the only certainty of life is death and sooner or later we will go down the same way.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala shower His Mercy upon your father, spare him from the trials of the grave and grant him entry into Jannatul-Firdaus. Ameen!

May Allah give you and your family Sabr, compensate and reward you with Khair

both in this world and the next, Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic