IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to be a Successful Muslim Wife  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to be a Successful Muslim Wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 6:29pm
".......according to their deeds."

True worship of Allah is based upon our deeds and obedience to Allah and His Prophet.  Words without action mean little.  We can call upon our spouse with beautiful words of praise, but if our deeds and actions prove otherwise, certainly it will lead to a failed marriage. 

"...keeping in mind that we would do it even if there was no heaven or hell, for once we have recognized our creator we worship him unconditionally...."

Seems pointless - heaven and hell exist, and are used by Allah and His Messenger to motivate us to hear and obey.

wisdomseeker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisdomseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 3:10am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

".......according to their deeds."

True worship of Allah is based upon our deeds and obedience to Allah and His Prophet.� Words without action mean little.� We can call upon our spouse with beautiful words of praise, but if our deeds and actions prove otherwise, certainly it will lead to a failed marriage.

Did I say anything different?? I just quoted a verse, I did not mean anything contrary to what you said above, of course it is true.

"...keeping in mind that we would do it even if there was no heaven or hell, for once we have recognized our creator we worship him unconditionally...."

Seems pointless - heaven and hell exist, and are used by Allah and His Messenger to motivate us to hear and obey.

I am not saying that the heaven and hell do not exist, of course they do,and nor am I saying that the existence of hell and heaven is not necessary to motivate us to do good deeds, what i am saying is only a "supposition", that if, if there were no heaven and hell, and we had recognized our creator as Allah, we would and should worship him unconditionally, worship is done in awe, respect and gratitude, not to gain something in return, though in this "real life" case we do gain. Well my above post was only in regards to worship.

For everything we do, however tiny or huge, we aim for Allah's approval, his happiness with us, and ultimately the reward of jannah...I wonder if you read my whole post, Coz i think i made it ample clear to be a supposition and not a real situation, or other wise i would have easily contradicted my self, for i quote a verse from the quran which emphasizes the fact that we are supposed to ask for both the worlds' blessings.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 7:00am

For everything we do tiny or huge is but for our own benefit in this life and the next.  As long as our intentions are correct and our deeds in accordance with Quran and Sunnah we gain Allah's approval - and ultimately, insha'Allah, Paradise.  

wisdomseeker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisdomseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 7:03am
inshallah...very true
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:26pm

For everything we do tiny or huge is but for our own benefit in this life and the next.  As long as our intentions are correct and our deeds in accordance with Quran and Sunnah we gain Allah's approval - and ultimately, insha'Allah, Paradise.

Islam is is a very deep and wide religion. It is not only about physical and spiritual obedience but more. did not Allah said in the Holy Quran - "And if all the trees that are in the earth were pens, and the ocean (were ink), with seven oceans swelling it therefore, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Surely, Allah is Mighty, Wise" (31 :27).

An ordinary Muslim would worship Allah due to afraid of hell and wishing for Paradise. This is called barter trade - I give something, you give me something in return. But we forgot that our Ruh or Soul which is the source of living is from Him. In other words, the capital (Soul) that we used for this 'barter trade' belongs to Him, and yet we act as if it is our due and demanding something in return.

Allah (Exalted is He) has said in the Sacred Tradition [Hadith Qudsi]:

The human being is My secret, and I am his secret.

Ilahi anta maksudi, wa redhaka mathlubi - Oh Allah, YOU are my Goal and your Pleasure is my objective.

This dua is the dua of those who understand the reality of living in this world.

Salam.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 1:29am
Allah (Exalted is He) has said in the Sacred Tradition [Hadith Qudsi]:

The human being is My secret, and I am his secret

Hadith Qudsi?

An example of a Hadith Qudsi is:  On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (radi Allahu 'anhu), who said that Allah's Messenger said: "When God decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath."

(Related by Muslim, and by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah)

Muslims regard the Hadith Qudsi as the words of Allah, repeated by Prophet Muhammad and recorded on the condition of an isnad (chain of verification by witness(es) who heard Allah�s Messenger say the hadith).

"The human being is My secret, and I am his secret" is taken from a sufi book:  "O Supreme Helper!  The human being is my secret, and I am his secret.  If the human being  was truly aware of his situation in My sight, he would say with every single breath "to whom does the supreme authority belong today?"  (Abdul Qadir Al-Jilani - Interpretation of Ghawthiyyah)

Edited by abuayisha - 16 January 2010 at 2:06pm
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 7:07pm
Dear Abuaysha,

As we know Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jailani is considered as the leader of all waliyullah. His teachings of Tasawwuf (Sciences of the heart) were being followed by many sufis and those who loves to purify the heart (Ruh) from sifah mazmumah (the evil characters) and to replace it with sifah mahmudah (the good characters).

Just for information,  there are no secrets in the Deen just differences in (knowledge), understaning and in receptivity. Hence this hadis Qudsi maybe alien to some, but not to those in the sufi world.

Salam.

Edited by Nur_Ilahi - 16 January 2010 at 7:09pm
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 7:31am
Wallahul mustaan!  I won't derail this thread any further.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic