IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WHAT IS KUFR?????  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWHAT IS KUFR?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 5:39am

It is a very interesting one..

You know that Mulsim men can marry righteous women "of the book." That alone should tell us something.. The Prophet (PBUH) married women who were not Muslim.

We should be careful of labels.. especially one as so serious as Kafr.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
layalee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 6:26am

Very good point Hayfa.

Thanks sister for sharing this with us

Salaam,

Layalee

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:10am

Yes thank you.  Are there men of the Book that were considered righteous?

Sign*reader-

Matthew 23

27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

If you follow hadith then you are equating Mohammad with Allah.  I hear some Muslims say they never look at the Quran but only read the Hadith.  That is putting Mohammad infront of Allah.

I have not seen proof that Mohammad visited Allah.

Edited by believer
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 1:12pm

"If you follow hadith then you are equating Mohammad with Allah.  I hear some Muslims say they never look at the Quran but only read the Hadith.  That is putting Mohammad infront of Allah."

Where do you get your information about Muslims? 

The Hadith are stories about the Prophet's life and the way he lived, remembered and written down by men, not the Word of God.  You should be familiar with the concept....

What Muslim never looks at the Quran? We cannot perform our salat(prayers) without knowing the Quran because it is a part of the prayer. There may be Muslims who have not read the entire Quran, but it would be impossible not to know a portion of it, if you do salat. If you know Muslims that do not look at Quran or do salat, then they are not practicing Muslims and should not be used as an example.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 5:24pm

Believer

If you follow hadith then you are equating Mohammad with Allah.  I hear some Muslims say they never look at the Quran but only read the Hadith.  That is putting Mohammad infront of Allah.

To be muslim, one should say al-shahaadatain, or the two confirmations and attestations of faith, to the best of your ability. In the Shahadah, you are confirming that there is Only One True God that worthy to be worshipped and that is Allah and the attestation that Muhammad is His Messenger. In Shahadah, the name of the Prophet were mentioned as �the Messenger� so that all Muslim would attest and believe that Muhammad is not God and not Allah�s equal, but Muhammad is just His messenger.

To be a true Muslim and to avoid committing kufr, the Prophet said in his last sermon in the field of Arafat that to find the right path after he has gone, we (Muslim) should hold on to the Quran and his Sunnah.  Sunnah and hadith have distinction. Sunnah is his sayings and way of life while hadith is his sayings. So we must follow both, his sayings and his way of life aside from the Quran. If you base Islam to what most of its followers do, well then you are in danger to be lost. But look at Islam on its teachings. If you say � I hear some Muslims�.� then it will be fall on the category of �hearsay..� and there wont be any valid confirmation in it, but if you really want to know what Islam is all about, study its teachings and you will not be lost.

We also follow the Sunnah of the Prophet aside from the Quran because his way of life is our role model in our daily affairs. And Allah sent him as our guide, how to be a good Muslim and how we will meet the pleasure of Allah. If we will follow his way of life, we directly follow what Allah wants us to do because all that the Prophet did came from Allah's commands, exemplified by the Prophet, as God said:

68:4 �Surely, you (O Muhammad) are upon a high standard of moral character.�

33:21�Indeed in the Messenger of God you have a beautiful example of conduct to follow��

2:2 This is the Book (the Qur'�n), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaq�n [the pious and righteous persons who fear All�h much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love All�h much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)].

Aisha, the wife of the noble Prophet, was asked about his character.  She replied:

�His character was that of the Quran.� (Saheeh Muslim, Abu Dawud)

The Prophet prohibited people to revere him as what he has said in one of his hadith:

�Do not adulate me as the Christians adulate the son of Maryam, I am only human, therefore, call me the servant of Allah and His Messenger.� (Bukhari and Muslim)

If people will worship him, then those people didn�t hold on to the Prophet�s sunnah and commit shirk and shirk is forbidden in Islam because it is the only sin that Allah will not forgive until you repent.

You will not see proof of his (Prophet Muhammad) Miraj and even his Prophethood if you will not read the history. You will not know the truth by just asking people whom I doubt have less knowledge about it. If you are really sincere in knowing the truth about Islam and Muhammad (pbuh), then read the History of Islam and the Life of Muhammad (pbuh) and by then you will know the truth. Read the book and it will tell you the truth. I suggest you read �The sealed Nectar� and you can find it in www.al-sunnah.com under �Mohammad�.

9:119 �O you who believe! Be afraid of Allaah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds)�

O Allaah, show us the truth as truth and enable us to follow it; show us the false as false and enable us to avoid it. Guide us concerning disputed matters of truth by Your leave, for You guide Whomsoever You wish to the Straight Path..Ameen.

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

It is a very interesting one..

You know that Mulsim men can marry righteous women "of the book." That alone should tell us something.. The Prophet (PBUH) married women who were not Muslim.

We should be careful of labels.. especially one as so serious as Kafr.

As'Salamu Alaikum,

I request our members to kindly ignore "beliver's" post as he is trying to cause fitnah over this site. He is here not to discuss and seek knowledge but create confusions and argument amongst us.

Coming to your point sis Hayfa, those women were n't disbelievers. When we study there life  histories and the conditions when they got married to our prophet, we understand that.

As i have been repeating that Kafirs rejectors of truth. It is a must for a person to qualify the condition of believing in Alllah swt and His messenger. And those who have n't heard of Islam, Allah swt is Just, he shall deal with them with Justice.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

The Prophet (PBUH) married women who were not Muslim.

Sis Hayfa, am pasting here the cut-work of the wives of Prophet {PBUH} which shall let us know that they were muslims

1. Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith  RA

On reaching Madina, the spoils of the war were distributed among the Muslims.Barra, the daughter of Harith Bin Farar and wife of Musafih was given to Thabit Bin Qais as a slave girl. Thabit Bin Qais hailed from Banu Khuza �ah and these two tribes had very cordial social relations with each other. Barra declined to go with Thabit Bin Qais and appealed for release in the name of her father�s social status. Being kind,Thabit Bin Qais agreed and demanded nine ounces of gold as ransom for her releases.

Barra was aware of the bountiful nature of the Holy Prophet (SAW). She approached the Holy Prophet (SAW) and pleaded, �I am quite impressed by the Islamic Society and the character of your followers in Madina. I have already embraced Islam. Although,at present, I am no more than a prisoner of war but I deserve some kind treatment being the daughter of the tribal Chief. Thabit Bin Qais has agreed to set me free on payment of nine ounces of gold or equivalent money as ransom. I want freedom. Please help me�.

The Holy Prophet (SAW) appreciated her plight and paid the ransom out of his own pocket. After her release, Barra wanted to serve the Holy Prophet (SAW). The Holy Prophet (SAW) blessed her with this opportunity and married her. After the marriage, he changed her name from Barra (In Arabic it means lamb sign of Zodiac) to Juwairia.

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 6:54pm

Below is of Safiyah bint Huay bin Akhtab RA

The death of father, brother and her husband had made Safia quite lonely and instead of going back to her clan, she preferred to stay with the Holy Prophet (SAW) and consented for the marriage. After obtaining her consent, the Holy Prophet (SAW) married her at Khyber. It was 7th year of Hijrah. Soon, the army of Muslims started for Madina and the marriage feast was thrown to Sahbaa (A place near Khyber on way to Madina). The army of Muslims left for Madina after a night stop at Sahbaa, and the Holy Prophet (SAW) mounted Hadrat Safia on his camel and wrapped her with his Abaa (A cloth or sheet usually worn by Arab men as a shelter against rough water). This indicated that Safia is now his wife and the mother of the faithful. A natural result of this marriage was that the Jews thenceafter never participated in any battle against the muslims.

Hadrat Harith was an ardent follower of the Holy Prophet. He was quite prosperous and always spent his money to seek the pleasure of the Holy Prophet (SAW). In this very house, Hadrat Ayesha, Hadrat Zainab bint-e-Jahash and Juwairia came to see her. Many other women also visited to see her because she was very beautiful. After meeting her, Hadrat Ayesha left for her home.

The Holy Prophet (SAW) followed Hadrat Ayesha and asked, �How did you find her?�

�Oh! She is a Jew� Hadrat Ayesha replied.

�Don�t say that, she is a Muslim now, and quite respectable�. The Holy Prophet(SAW) said.

Now lets have a look at Mariyah  and Raihanah bint Zaid.

Hadrat Hatib was sent to Maqooqas of Egypt carrying the letter of the Holy Prophet of  Allah (This letter now stands traced and discovered by anthropologiest and has been  Preserved). Maqooqas as a gesture of good will sent in return some gifts of gold,clothes, honey and two bond-maids, namely Seeren and Mary (Both are said to be real sisters) to the Holy Prophet (SAW) for strengthening the bonds of friendship between  him and the State of Madina.

The Egyptian monarch had further written that these bondmaids enjoyed respectable status in Egypt. This shows that the two sisters were not ordinary bondmaids but belonged to the royal house of Egypt. In his letter, he also desired that these girls should not be given to common folks. According to Islamic law, two real sisters cannot  be married to one man; Seeren was awarded to Hadrat Hassaan Bin Thabit (A famous Muslim poet of Prophet�s times) and Mary was chosen for the service of the Holy Prophet (SAW). Mary was called Maria Qibtia, because in those days the Egyptians were known as Coptic�s.

According to certain historians, Mary had embraced Islam even before she reached Madina while some chronologers report that she embraced Islam after reaching Madina. A few historians have insisted that after she embraced Islam, the Holy Prophet (SAW) married her and she lived as his wife thereafter. But most of the chronologers have mentioned her as a bondmaid. Infact as she gave birth to a son Ibrahim to the Holy Prophet, she assumed the position of his wife and not a bondmaid according to the Islamic law

Now of Rayhanah RA

Banu-Quraiza lost this battle and their  property, lands, goods of riches, effects, chattels and wealth were confiscated by the Muslims. According to the universally accepted custom, the booty included bondmen and bondmaids. Rehana was brought before the Holy Prophet (SAW) as a part of the booty. She was introduced as the daughter of the chief of Banu-Quraiza tribe. The Holy Prophet (SAW) addressed the prisoners of war and invited them to follow the path of Allah i.e. Islam. After the address of the Holy Prophet (SAW) Rehana stood up and said:

�Please leave me alone�.

The Prophet did not like this answer, got up and left. Ibn-e-Saad (Famous historian) has narrated that one day, the Prophet was sitting in a social gathering, and he heard the sound of somebody�s footsteps; instantly he said: �Listen this is Tha �alba who is coming to announce that Rehana has embraced Islam�.
To the great surprise of the audience, the in-comer was Tha �alba and he announced what the Holy Prophet (SAW) had already revealed. After Rehana had embraced Islam, the Holy Prophet met her and offered, �If you like and agree, I can marry you and you may observe Hijab (Hijab means Purdah, the tradition of hiding face and body by the Muslim women) as the rest of the wives are doing�.

Rehana replied, �Let me remain a bondmaid, I don�t deserve to be one of your wives�.

I hope sister we did get it cleared now.

Edited by seekshidayath
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
  Share Topic