IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WHAT IS KUFR?????  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWHAT IS KUFR?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT IS KUFR?????
    Posted: 26 February 2008 at 6:02pm

What is KUFR???

KUFR is infidelity and it is disbelieving in Allah and His messengers, whether the disbelief is associated with denial or not, rather with doubts, suspicion, aversion, jealousy, arrogance or following some whims which deters from adhering to the Message.

Greater KUFR

1.     KUFR of denial � referred to in the Quran 29:68

�And who does more wrong than he who invents a lie against All�h or denies the truth (Muhammad) and his doctrine of Isl�mic Monotheism and this Qur'�n), when it comes to him? Is there not a dwelling in Hell for disbelievers (in the Oneness of All�h and in His Messenger Muhammad)?

2.     KUFR of arrogance with acknowledgement � referred to in the Quran 2:34

�And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate yourselves before Adam.". And they prostrated except Ibl�s (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to All�h).

3.     KUFR of doubtfulness � referred to in the Quran 18:35-38

�And he went into his garden while in a state (of pride and disbelief) unjust to himself. He said: "I think not that this will ever perish. And I think not the Hour will ever come, and if indeed I am brought back to my Lord, (on the Day of Resurrection), I surely shall find better than this when I return to Him." His companion said to him, during the talk with him: "Do you disbelieve in Him Who created you out of dust (i.e. your father Adam), then out of Nutfah (mixed semen drops of male and female discharge), then fashioned you into a man? But as for my part (I believe) that He is All�h, my Lord and none shall I associate as partner with my Lord

4.     KUFR of aversion �referred to in the Quran 46:3

�We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them except with truth, and for an appointed term. But those who disbelieve turn away from that whereof they are warned.

5.     KUFR of hypocricy � referred in the Quran 63:3

�That is because they believed, then disbelieved, therefore their hearts are sealed, so they understand not.�

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 6:58pm

TL-24, thanks for your guiding input. It appears that There is many kinds of Kufr.

The questions arise:

1. Every one who has not uttered the Kalimah, is he a kafir?

2. If some one (non Muslim) is given the message of Islam and explained all about it but he is not convinced and does not accept Islam. He is peaceful and says that he does not feel that Islam is right religion. Is such a person a kafir?

3. A person believes in Allah and also believes in Moses and Jesus a.s. but does not believe in the prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s. Is he a kafir?

4. A person is given the message of Islam well explained. He does not accept it and does not like it. He opposes it and tries to deny it with force and uses his time and money and weapons to stop the message and even persecutes those who have believed in the message. Is such a person a Kafir?

5. Those who are now living in the world and they are having various religions of their own but they do not believe in the prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s.  Are they all Kafirs?

6. A person, say a Hindu, is worshipping his idols. Is he a kafir? 

Please give your best judgement in these matters, as much as you know. Reply to each situation separately. Thank you very much.

atther View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 10:26pm

Assalam alai kum

It is a good post. I will try to answer the questions to the best of my knowledge

Question 1. Every one who has not uttered the Kalimah, is he a kafir?

Answer:  The accepting and reading of the Kalima is a must for a person to be called a Muslim and one who does not accept it is on one who rejects it and is a kafir (one who rejects).

Question 2. If some one (non Muslim) is given the message of Islam and explained all about it but he is not convinced and does not accept Islam. He is peaceful and says that he does not feel that Islam is right religion. Is such a person a kafir?

Answer: Yes any on who does not accept the truth even after it is presented to him and rejects it is a kafir (one who rejects)

Question 3. A person believes in Allah and also believes in Moses and Jesus a.s. but does not believe in the prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s. Is he a kafir?

Answer:  To be called a Muslim we need to accept Allah as the only God and Mohammed (PBUH) as the Prophet of Allah. Jews accept Allah as the only God and Moses (PBUH) and Jesus (PBUH) as the Prophets of Allah but do not accept Mohammed (PBUH) as the Prophet of Allah and they are not Muslims.

Similarly, Christians accepts Allah as the Only God,  Moses (PBUH) as Prophet of but made Jesus (PBUH) as the Son of God and do not accept Mohammed (PBUH) as the Prophet of Allah and they are not called Muslims.

Question 4. A person is given the message of Islam well explained. He does not accept it and does not like it. He opposes it and tries to deny it with force and uses his time and money and weapons to stop the message and even persecutes those who have believed in the message. Is such a person a Kafir?

Answer:  Yes he is a Kafir and we are required to conduct Jihad against him.

Question 5. Those who are now living in the world and they are having various religions of their own but they do not believe in the prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s.  Are they all Kafirs?

Answer :  See answer 3.

Question 6. A person, say a Hindu, is worshipping his idols. Is he a kafir? 

Answer:  This person is associating partners to Allah and and doing Shirk. Since he does not accept Allah as the only God and Mohammad (PBUH) as the Prophet of Allah he is a kafir.

Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 5:12am

Assalamo Alaykum Wr Wb

Kufr means infidel. One who hides or covers up the truth.

1.  Every one who has not uttered the Kalimah, is he a kafir?

Yes, he is a kuffar. Kuffar are those who don�t believe in Allah after knowing the truth, that does not testify to His Oneness as the Quran says:

All�h bears witness that L� il�ha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give this witness); (He is always) maintaining His creation in Justice. L� il�h illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. Truly, the religion with All�h is Isl�m. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ay�t (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of All�h, then surely, All�h is Swift in calling to account.  Quran 3:18-19

The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in All�h, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)."  Quran 2:285

2.  If some one (non Muslim) is given the message of Islam and explained all about it but he is not convinced and does not accept Islam. He is peaceful and says that he does not feel that Islam is right religion. Is such a person a kafir?

Not accepting Islam means he is not a Muslim, peaceful as he seemed to be. Just like what happen to the uncle of the Prophet himself Abu Talib, the father of Ali and the number one supporter of the prophet in Makkah. The Quran said:

Verily, those who disbelieve, and die while they are disbelievers, it is they on whom is the Curse of All�h and of the angels and of mankind, combined. They will abide therein (under the curse in Hell), their punishment will neither be lightened, nor will they be reprieved.  Quran 2:161-162

Verily, those who believe [in the Oneness of All�h along with the six articles of Faith, i.e. to believe in All�h, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, Day of Resurrection, and Al-Qadar (Divine Preordainments) - Isl�mic Monotheism], and do deeds of righteousness, their Lord will guide them through their Faith; under them will flow rivers in the Gardens of delight (Paradise). Quran 10:9

3.  A person believes in Allah and also believes in Moses and Jesus a.s. but does not believe in the prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s. Is he a kafir?

Kuffar are also called to those who believe in Allah and the revelation but does not believe in the general mission of the Propeht. To be a Muslim, we should practice the 5 Pillars of Islam and 6 Articles of Faith and that includes belief in the prophets which includes Prophet Muhammad. Allah said:

�And believe in what I have sent down (the Quran) confirming that which is with you, [the Torah and the Injeel (Gospel)], and be not the first to disbelieve therein, and buy not with My Verses [the Torah and the Injeel (Gospel)] a small price (i.e. getting a small gain by selling My Verses), and fear Me and Me Alone.  And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth [i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allah�s Messenger and his qualities are written in your Scriptures, the Torah and the Injeel (Gospel)] while you know (the truth) �. Quran 3:41-42.

�He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad), has indeed obeyed All�h, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them. Quran 4:80

�Say (O Muhammad): "Obey All�h and the Messenger (Muhammad)." But if they turn away, then All�h does not like the disbelievers. Quran 3:32

4.  A person is given the message of Islam well explained. He does not accept it and does not like it. He opposes it and tries to deny it with force and uses his time and money and weapons to stop the message and even persecutes those who have believed in the message. Is such a person a Kafir?

Yes, he is a  kafir and a murderer as well. The Quran says:

�Verily, those who disbelieve spend their wealth to hinder (men) from the Path of All�h, and so will they continue to spend it; but in the end it will become an anguish for them. Then they will be over come. And those who disbelieve will be gathered unto Hell. Quran 8:36

�Beautified is the life of this world for those who disbelieve, and they mock at those who believe. But those who obey All�h's Orders and keep away from what He has forbidden, will be above them on the Day of Resurrection. And All�h gives (of His Bounty, Blessings, Favours, Honours, etc. on the Day of Resurrection) to whom He wills without limit Quran 2:212

�As to those who reject Faith it is the same to them Whether thou warn them or do not warn them They will not believe. "Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing and on their eyes is a veil Great is the penalty they incur." [Al-Qur�an 2:6-7]

5.  Those who are now living in the world and they are having various religions of their own but they do not believe in the prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s.  Are they all Kafirs?

How can�t they be a kuffar? They have various religion means they don�t believe in the Oneness of Allah and that the prophet is the last Messenger of Allah? Yes, those are Kuffar and they are not Muslim. As the Quran said:

Truly, the religion with All�h is Isl�m. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ay�t (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of All�h, then surely, All�h is Swift in calling to account. Quran 3:19

�Those who break Allah's Covenant after ratifying it, and sever what Allah has ordered to be joined (as regards Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism, and to practise its legal laws on the earth and also as regards keeping good relations with kith and kin ), and do mischief on earth, it is they who are the losers. How can you disbelieve in Allah? Seeing that you were dead and He gave you life. Then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life (on the Day of Resurrection) and then unto Him you will return. He it is Who created for you all that is on earth. Then He Istaw (rose over) towards the heaven and made them seven heavens and He is the All-Knower of everything. Quran 36: 27-29

Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "All�h is the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: "O Children of Israel! Worship All�h, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with All�h, then All�h has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode . And for the Z�lim�n (polytheists and wrong�doers) there are no helpers. Quran 5:72

6.  A person, say a Hindu, is worshipping his idols. Is he a kafir? 

Yes, he is a kuffar. And worshiping idols is an act of shirk and shirk nullifies tawheed or belief in the Oneness of Allah.

�And (remember) when Luqm�n said to his son when he was advising him: "O my son! Join not in worship others with All�h. Verily! Joining others in worship with All�h is a great Z�lm (wrong) indeed. Quran 31;13

And they worship besides All�h things that hurt them not, nor profit them, and they say: "These are our intercessors with All�h." Say: "Do you inform All�h of that which He knows not in the heavens and on the earth?" Glorified and Exalted be He above all that which they associate as partners with Him! Quran 10:18

�This is the Guidance of All�h with which He guides whomsoever He will of His slaves. But if they had joined in worship others with All�h, all that they used to do would have been of no benefit to them. Quran 6:88

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 5:44am

Thanks. My questions were modified and no answer was given for question No.3. I had asked "is he a kafir" The reply was that he is not a muslim. It has not been told about that person if he is a kafir. Does it mean that every one who is not a Muslim is a Kafir? I hope not. Anyhow....

Replies have been  given to other questions after changing the text. I had asked "every one who has not recited the Kalimah, is he a kafir?" Of course we don't know if any one had presented the Kalimah to that person, say in remote area of Afrikah, it was a general question about all people who had not recited the Kalimah for any reason. Are they kafirs? I hope not all of them are kafirs.

TL-24 has tried to support the answers with long references. That was not needed yet. Only short clear replies were needed. Then if need be, i could request for the supporting proof. So short clear replies of YES or NO may please be given again.

There is no need to alter the wording of the question. Just try to present the question in original, understand it and then reply. Thanks again.

Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 5:04pm
The answer is "Yes, they are Kaffir!"  but if people comes from remote places never heard about Islam, Allahu Alam.

To me, all the circumstances you presented is obviously very clear ones...they are kaffir.
atther View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 9:26pm

Assalam alai kum

Truth_light24 Masha Allah your answers with the support of Qur'an were very informative and this shows how important Qur'an is to you as a guide from Allah.  Surely Qur'an is the criteria (Furqan) which clearifies the truth forrm the falsehood, the right from the wrong.

Keep it up and May Allah grant you more knowledges and wisdom

Ameen

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 12:53am

The answer is "Yes, they are Kaffir!"  but if people comes from remote places never heard about Islam, Allahu Alam.

To me, all the circumstances you presented is obviously very clear ones...they are kaffir.

. May Allah swt bless you sister.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic