IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Possesion by Jinn and Exorcism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possesion by Jinn and Exorcism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enoch96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 3:21pm
I do believe in the existance of the Jinn. Ofcourse I wouldn't be a Muslim if I didn't believe in them. I was attacked by a Jinn in 1995 when i was 17 years old, now i'm 27 , 10 years later, and i have probably completed about 75% exorcism, going through many healing processes and methods. I think one effective way was when I had cupping done by this one exorcist. I still remain classified as a borderline paranoid schizo these days. I basically have social phobia. I don't hear voices or anything like that but I am still going to college to try to finish up some technical degree. I am taking some sedative medication like xanax (though i would rather not use this) to get me past the social interactions of people in class but this aint no cure by any means and it's as if your inside of a bottle looking out. The Jinn has manifested itself into my body somehow but I haven't figured out a way to completely expel it. I'm not sure if this is a magical spell, evil eye, charm with knotted thrown somewhere and buried, or a love attraction by a female Jinn, but I do know that it is one of the above. I can feel the heaviness of the Jinn in me, when i walk around, there's a weigh down feeling, as if i'm carrying extra baggage on me when i'm not, I overheard the exorcist say one time that when one of his patients came to him and he exorcised him and the patient claimed he felt light like a feather. Sounds very freaky and can be a chilling experience, but man i need to get rid of this whatever it is thing off of me. I've taken ajwa dates before, read ayatul kursi,  and surah bakhra, performed hajj, but thus far no complete expulsion... still trying to figure this out, anyone have any suggestions? i live in chicago, USA
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 4:13am

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

There are adifferent types of jinn, each person on this earth has a companion from among the shaytan attached to him this is by the leave of allah and we can not get rid of him, this type is not what poseses people as in your case there manily there for waswasa.

if you listen to the lectures i gave a link to you will find out about other types and what they do, basicaly they are around us and interact with us in many of our actions. They wait for opertunaties to open up for them and they take advantage and try to turn a uncomfertable situation into something worse.

Eg is you may get upset over something or with someone but you are in control the shaytan sees this desire/anger in you and comes and tries to make it worse by making you think certain things.

Shaytan can not read our thoughts but they do know our desires, it is this element in us which is the doorway if you like for them to manipulate us how they like, this is the opertunaty they look for and take advantage of.

the only way to free our selves from them is to control our base desires through tzkiyah an nafs or taharah an anfs, which basicaly means to cleans our self of bad qualities and replace them with good qualities. This closes the door for them on manipulating us, as we draw closer to allah step by step shaytan has lesser and lesser opertunaties to attack us.

This is a main aspect of why we pray, fast, pay zakkat go on hajj. its so we are not attached to what is in this world as atachment is what causes desire for something which is what shaytan wants.

You do not just pray, pay zakkat, fast go on hajj and out of nothing but simple actions with out a purpose or intention cure your self or strengthen your inner self against shaytan you have to have the right intention and for that you need knowledge of what the purpose of these 5 things are.

I strongly recomend you read Imam al Ghazali's Inner dimensions of Islamic worship its a small book whcih deals with why we pray, fast, pay zakkat, go on hajj. Becouse Allah comanded us is not a correct answer and is the reality of why our ummah has sunk to the depths we are in today.

we are instructed to perform them but an action without intention is not worth much, Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said Everything is according to intention and Allah gives according to your intention. Imam Bukhari began his sahih with this very hadith becouse of its importance and its implication in every action in our life.

Volume 1, Book 1, Number 1:

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

desire and waswasa are both in the heart which is why The Prophet said: "Lo! Verily, there is in the body a small piece of flesh; if it is good the whole body is good and if it is corrupted the whole body is corrupted; lo! it is the heart . "

"Verily, Allah looks not at your bodies nor at your faces but He looks at your hearts."

Allah has placed at the end of his book a reminder for us about shaytan and an instuction for us in order to overcome him.

Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
The King of mankind,
The God of mankind,
From the evil of the sneaking whisperer,
Who whispereth in the hearts of mankind,
Of the jinn and of mankind.

A Muslim has to become a mo'min to be truly protected from shaytan, but it is a step by step journey which is how allah raised the first muslim community to be the best ummah ever to come. Before the Hijrah it was all about Aqeedah and tazkiyah an nafs (purification of the self) as no fighting was permited at that time when they were ready they were alowed to migrat.

"When a Mo'min remains consistent in his behaviour and prayers, he is raised by Allah to a higher level of Eman (Faith) which is Ehsan. A person at the stage of Ehsan is called Mohsin. According to a Qur'anic verse in Surah Al-Baqaraha, a person who completely submits him/herself and turns his / her face only towards Allah he /she is Mohsin. According to a Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) a person at the stage of Ehsan offers his/her prayers in such a state as if he/she is seeing the Creator."

Islam is a Deen (way of life) if one aspect is lacking it will effect other aspects, rasul allah said shaytan flows through the body like blood flows through your veins when a person consumes haram food the effect is like inviting shaytan to come in.

He (Allah bless him & give him peace) mentioned a man having journeyed far, is dishevelled and dusty and who spreads out his hands to the sky (saying): O Lord! O Lord! - While his food is Haram, his drink is Haram, his clothing is Haram, and his nourishment is Haram, so how can his dua be answered! (Sahih Muslim)

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to the Companion Sa�d:

O Sa�d! Purify your food, your supplication will be accepted. By the one in whose hand lays the life of Muhammad, verily a servant places a morsel of Haram in his stomach (and as a result) forty days of worship will not be accepted from him.� (Recorded by Imam Tabrani)

In another narration, it is narrated that an angel at Bayt al-Maqdis proclaims every day and night: �Whosoever consumes unlawful (haram) food, Allah Most High will not accept his obligatory (fard) and voluntary worship.� (See: al-Kaba�ir of Imam Dhahabi)

it is the same for anyother haram action such as riba or alcohol.

�If a taker of interest or the one who earns unlawful wealth was to give one a gift or invite one to his house for food, it will not be permitted to accept his gift or eat at his house if most of what he earns is unlawful, unless he informs one that it was acquired through lawful wealth which he gained through inheritance or by taking a loan. And if most of his earnings are Halal, there is nothing wrong in accepting his gift or eating at his house.� (al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya, 5/343)

Inner Dimension of Zakat
Excerpts from Ghazali's Inner Dimension of Islamic Worship

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Enoch96 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enoch96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 10:34am
so what your saying is basically stay on the true path, stay islamically lawful, have strengthen Iman, and do not look for materialistic things and i'll be cured without even knowing it? Mash'allah I believe I already do these things, and I am trying harder everyday to strengthen my Iman. About the purifying food exactly what do you mean here? I don't eat haram food or pork or anything like that.
alabdalfakeer View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabdalfakeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 2:51pm

Assalamu Alykom Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakato

Dear brothers & sisters,

It's a well known fact for every muslim who raeds the quran that Allah mentioned Jinn more than once,and that Jinn were mentioned in the Sunnah as well,and bottom line they do exist and moreover they can interfere with our lifes ,they can even cause a lot of sicknesses but ofcourse after the permission of Allah ,and here is the thing .....Yes Jinn and demonic possession and Magic do exist but they don't effect the human being unless God permit that,and God let that effect as a test for the faith of the Muslim and see what type of believer the Muslim is.

Always remmember that Quraan and Sunnah are the only & biggest fortresses that a Muslim  can shelter within, & anything other than that will  lead to the total misleading of the muslim and will cause the total destruction of his/her life and fate.

For any more information or any support please contact me & don't forget me in your prayers.

Your Brother

Alabd Alfakeer

Enoch96 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enoch96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by alabdalfakeer alabdalfakeer wrote:

Assalamu Alykom Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakato

Dear brothers & sisters,

It's a well known fact for every muslim who raeds the quran that Allah mentioned Jinn more than once,and that Jinn were mentioned in the Sunnah as well,and bottom line they do exist and moreover they can interfere with our lifes ,they can even cause a lot of sicknesses but ofcourse after the permission of Allah ,and here is the thing .....Yes Jinn and demonic possession and Magic do exist but they don't effect the human being unless God permit that,and God let that effect as a test for the faith of the Muslim and see what type of believer the Muslim is.

Always remmember that Quraan and Sunnah are the only & biggest fortresses that a Muslim  can shelter within, & anything other than that will  lead to the total misleading of the muslim and will cause the total destruction of his/her life and fate.

For any more information or any support please contact me & don't forget me in your prayers.

Your Brother

Alabd Alfakeer

What your saying is true, however, the last prophet (PBUH) was also afflicted with magic by a jew if you can recall. I believe I read something previously that informed me that there were a few surahs in the Qur'an that were revealed to the last prophet (PBUH) specifically for magic. So this is a test for me maybe, i do not know for sure, what I do know is that i must keep strong faith and Iman and also keep continuing to seek solutions that can defuse my situation.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:09am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Originally posted by Enoch96 Enoch96 wrote:

so what your saying is basically stay on the true path, stay islamically lawful, have strengthen Iman, and do not look for materialistic things and i'll be cured without even knowing it?

There is no one step solution we have to change our self and our atitude towards things. If you are performing all the fard and sunnah acts without fail then what a person has to improve is the quality of how these acts are done, espetialy the prayer.

Unless we gain knwoledge about purification of the heart from its different diseases a persons logical analysis can not comprahend what is being said since the mind can not grasp what it is not familiar with.

Everything is according to intention and intention is in the heart not the mind simply, you may say the intention but if your heart is not involved also then how strong is your resolve with what you intended.

When you make an intention by thinking what you intend this fulfils the fard aspect of the act but then the quality of the intention made will effect the action itself, and this is most evident in prayer.

if we make an intention for prayer and our heart is involved also our resolve and focus in the prayer is stronger and shaytan can not make you think about other things in the prayer.

Quote Mash'allah I believe I already do these things, and I am trying harder everyday to strengthen my Iman. About the purifying food exactly what do you mean here? I don't eat haram food or pork or anything like that.

The reality is that a shaytann can not overpower a person whos Iman is strong not simply has iman.

Rasul allah said the strong one amongst you is not the one who is physicly strong but the one who can control himself.

i mean exactly what i say if a person eats haram food his taharah is weak and he makes it easier for shaytan to influence him, i dont know you so it would be reasnoble to asume my comments are general rather than personal.

Tahrah of the self is the key to winning against shaytan, but shaytan never truly leaves a person alone not even the prophets were left alone by shaytan and there iman ihsan and islam was above everyone else, so we should also be carful not to become obsesive with this and just do what we can keep at it and go about our normal lives.

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Enoch96 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enoch96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 9:39am

Rami, having complete faith and strong Iman is one thing. I have said before that I am working on strengthening all aspects of these areas. Though I believe these qualities are big and useful in my situation I do not believe that these alone will solve problems, since Allah gave us the will power to act to help ourselves too. Though you have given great advice I do believe your solution to the problem is just "part" of the solution rather the solution as a whole. Reality is it's not really easy to get rid of a problem such as mine, i've been with this stuff for approximately 9 years. Having strong Iman is a very blessed thing to have. Put it this way, if you just have Iman soley in this life, will it take you to Heaven in the hereafter? I don't think so, Iman along side with action.. salat, zakaat, hajj, rosa are also required. The approach your giving me is one where I have to strengthen areas of iman and action and how to do it right, and classifying the heart. Once more, these are how to "better" oneself in practicing Islam. Though it may play a major role in solving my problem, I believe it doesn't play a complete role. As I have stated before, I do these things already and I believe a lot of good muslims have Iman out there, but keep in mind no one is perfect. People try to better themselves and this is a good quality to have as a Muslims since Allah knows intentions of the person. Someone once taught me that If you move one step towards Allah, Allah will move 10 steps towards you. He is Almight All Wise, All Merciful.

Note: Becoming obsessive with this is not the way people who are ill percieve this problem rather the illness forces people to experience it in their everyday of their lives whether or not the person tries to ignore it.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:49am

Bismillah,

The surahs are Al-Falaq and An-Nass are the ones that you are referring to, Enoch.  With your strong belief and faith I would suggest that you recite these and make Dhikr at the most difficult times.  Well, really anytime.  It is also helpful to just say:  I seek protection from Shaytan the rejected one with Allah.  Having something quick and short to say in stressful times can avert difficulty.  We all will pray for you, ISA. 

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic