IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Possesion by Jinn and Exorcism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possesion by Jinn and Exorcism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possesion by Jinn and Exorcism
    Posted: 11 June 2005 at 7:49pm

Bismillah,

Please post any information on possesion by Jinn and what respectable Muslims do to determine that a person is possesed, and what the standard solutions or paths to solutions are.

Please comment on what non-ethical/respectable Muslims do as well. 

I urgently require this information. I am asking for anyone and everyone's information and point of view.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2005 at 12:04am

When a person is possed by an evil "spirit" or soul.  It is a jinn.  The jinn that enters into the human being is a "soldier" or helper of Iblis (Satan).  Many people think it is Iblis himself but it is not.  Jinns have the ability to be disbelievers or believers (non Muslim or Muslim) and when one decides to be a disbeliever then he may become a helper of Iblis.

I do not know much about the process of getting the evil jinn or spirit out of the human being.  I do know that these people exist all over the world and that is it possible to be posssed and that it is possible to drive out the evil spirit from the human.  I would encourage you to see a local Imaam, he may know something or someone who can tell you more.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2005 at 5:49am

Bismillah,

JazzakAllahKhayr for giving the info that you have. 

Please, anyone else if you have links or direct knowledge of this, please post it. 

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2005 at 6:50am

Assalamu alaikum Herjihad,

This might be helpful:

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hF atwaID=118381

You can also go to: http://www.islamonline.net and type in 'Jinn Possesion' in the search bar to find some more answers on this topic.

I hope this helps in what you are searching for.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2005 at 12:27pm

Bismillah,

Alaykum As-salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

JazzakiAllahKhayr.  You dear, you researched this for me!  I read the links, and forwarded them.  Thank you so much!

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2005 at 2:01pm

Waalaikum salaam Sister Herjihad,

You are most welcome.  I do hope the information helps those who need it.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2005 at 9:15pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

The lectures below by Sheikh Mohammed Sindhi are the most informative i have seen on the topic of jinn whether it is audio lectures or written material. It deals with jinn and shaytan in every aspect and covers pretty much the jinn world and what the are like.

http://www.edars.com/

Leicester, UK

Jinns
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
Part 4 Part 5 Part 6

If a person is having trouble with jinn the Key to the matter is tahara in all areas of our life. Try to keep that person in a concstant state of wudu as this lessons the degree to which a shaytan can enter a person, they cant stand people who are spiritualy clean. Try to avoide things which break or weaken wudu...no TV or music as both put a person in a state which makes them more reseptive to the wawasa of shaytan, espetialy music.

This also means not missing any of the 5 prayers, recite also surat al baqarah or ayat al qursi on them. Keep the environment clean neat and tidy as shaytan can not stand this, and recite Quran to them or near them.

The above lectures also give advice on what things a person should do to avoid being attacked by shaytan.

Some advice a peron who is possesed by shaytan has no will of his own and is not acountable, he could also be influenced by shaytan or suffering from severe waswasa which is close to possesion but no the same.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 11:38am
I haver no experiences with ghosts at all, and honestly i dont belive in them at all.  I do belive in mental illness however, and i think thats whats going on when people are "posessed" .

Peace
TnE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic