IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thank You Women!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thank You Women!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank You Women!
    Posted: 11 June 2005 at 3:39pm

About a year ago I posted another subject with similar title heading, and I just wanted to make a mission every year while I'm a member here to thank the many women, (good women only thank you) of the struggle and the mental endurance. Not many of us men take to time to thank women for their struggle not just in life but in helping men understand life better. Relationships on all levels require another mind and a friend requires support. I appreciate the many women in my life and the women whom God has blessed me to meet to have helped me become a better man. I definitely appreciate you women who are mothers who have been blessed by God to have the duty of bearing another human being in your womb. it is not only an honor bestowed by God but a priviledge. I cannpt say I understand the pains and what goes on in child bearing but I can say, I empathize and I support 100% the many women who struggle through this. More importantly I just want to say thank you to our Muslim women who have made us men become slightly better men as well as believers in Islam.

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2005 at 12:44am

As Salaam Alaikum brotha and all the sistas who will read this,

I am glad this brotha above has created this topic and these words.  Our Muslim women deserve so much respect for all they do.  Words cannot describe how much respect I have for all the sistas.  May Allah bestow his mercy and guidance upon every Muslim woman. 

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2005 at 6:43am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

Israfil, Yesterday when I came to the boards I saw a note from you in Brother's, and today I saw another one here. ... Although I dont feel quite worthy of saying "thank you for the kind, sensitive words", it does elevate my spirits. 

I saw your note to Mustafa, of some time back, and reading what you say about your mother, generates a few comments.

Once I was with my family at home in India, with my 8months old daughter, and the baby had tired me completely, over  the trip. My mom said something to the effect that she(my daughter) is not used to the climate and the big change in this short period, so I shld be taking better care of her, which brought me to tears, coz she was appernetly not realizing how much I was doing and how exhausted I was ... to this my grandmother said something I will never forget. She said, my dear, allah did not give the way to paradise thru mother's feet, for nothing.

I was always taught (especially thru my father) that mother is a person of great honor, but only receiving the honor of motherhood made me realise this comes with so much of responsibilities. A child starts following since the very day he/she learns to observe people around.

I have always been impressed by great mothers, and above this by people who acknowledge the greatness of their mothers. Most likely than not, if you meet a man who has good manerism, it is in part a reflection of the good mannerism of his mother, and other part is his sincere devotion to what she has been for him.

I think here I can say thank you to you. Brother, thank you for your sincerity and humility towards the women folks. Brother, thank you for your "annual rewards" you send to the women. I hope you have a meaningful and lasting influence on some of the men in our community.

Jazak allah khair,

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2005 at 2:18pm

Assalamu alaikum Brother Israfil,

A fine post, and lovely sentiments.  You are a gentleman.  Indeed, our ummah would be in much better shape if the brothers truly tried to understand and appreciate the sisters and the sisters did the same towards the brothers.

Allah, in His exquisite creation, made men and women beings who complement each other (not to be confused with compliment!), meaning, they complete one another.  Anyone in a blessed (good, compatible) marriage can understand this concept very well.

We each, men and women, have our roles to play in building a strong ummah.  Acceptance of our differences and appreciation of our efforts is vital.  All of us should thank Allah everyday for those women and men in our lives who do help us increase our deen.

So, thank you, Brother Israfil, for opening some eyes - insha'allah!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 7:41pm

Alhamdulilah Rabbil alamin!

I'm glad that what I said here you all appreciate but unfortunately this is not something that is common in our society. Inshallah there will be a time where society will have a growing appreciation of womena nd what I say here will be a norm in the society of the future.

Sanjiv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanjiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 5:07am

Delighted to here such insightfullness from Israfril well done. Hopefully this will tone down the attitudes shown by so called men towards women.

After all without women how would have men taken birth.

Edited by Sanjiv
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 8:59pm
Again Thank You Women!
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 4:28am

Bismillah,

You're welcome.

I noticed something, however, that needs clarification.  Good women are what by your definition?

We are hard on ourselves, you know.  So a chaste, believing sister might think of all of her lesser qualities like impatience, loss of temper et cetera, and think she does not qualify for a compliment.

To enhance your topic:  May Allah bless all of the parents who are struggling to raise our children with faith, dedication, and endurance.  God bless us all!  Parenthood elevates us all to the heavens.  (Just a reminder:  Don't get angry when a kid breaks something by accident, or spills dinner.  Compassion at moments like those distinguish and dignify a child's life.)

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic