IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Saying about attitude of the kuffar  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saying about attitude of the kuffar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saying about attitude of the kuffar
    Posted: 10 February 2008 at 9:28am
Ruling on saying that the attitude of the kuffaar is better than the attitude of the Muslims
  Question No 43270

Question:
Is it permissible for a Muslim to say that some of the kuffaar have a better attitude than some of the Muslims?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.  

If you say that the attitude of the kuffaar is better than the attitude of the Muslims � in absolute terms � then this is haraam, no doubt about it. In fact the one who says that should be asked to repent, because the most important attitude is a person�s attitude towards Allaah, and correct etiquette towards Him means not worshipping anyone other than Him. This attitude is to be found only among the Muslims and not others, and this general usage includes all the Muslims, and there must be some of them who have a proper Islamic attitude and follow the laws of Allaah. 

But preferring the attitude of some of the kaafirs to the attitude of some Muslims is a mistake, because the bad attitude of the kuffaar towards their Lord, may He be exalted, and their Prophets (peace be upon them) is bad enough. They insulted Allaah and claimed that He has a son, and they slandered their Prophets and told lies about them. What good can their attitude towards people do them when their attitude towards their Lord is among the worst of attitudes? 

Moreover, how can we look at the attitude of ten or one hundred kaafirs, and determine from that that their attitude is good, and forget the attitude of most of the Jews and Christians? How often have they betrayed the Muslims, how often have they destroyed their homes, how often have they tempted them away from their religion, how often have they destroyed their wealth [?], how often have they plotted and conspired against them? 

The good attitude of a few of them does not count against the bad attitude of most of them, let alone the fact that this good attitude of their serves the same purpose, for they only want to benefit themselves and serve their own worldly interests, in most cases. 

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about someone who was comparing Muslim workers to non-Muslim workers. He said: the non-Muslims are honest and I can trust them, and their demands are few and their work is good, but those (Muslims) are the exact opposite � so what is your opinion? 

He said: They are not Muslims in the true sense of the word even though they claim to be Muslims. Those who are Muslims in the true sense of the word are better and more honest and more sincere than the kuffaar. What you said is a mistake and you should not say it. If the kuffaar are honest with you and fulfil their trusts so as to get what they want from you and to take jobs from our Muslim brothers, this is their only goal. They may pretend to be serving your interests but in fact they are only serving their own interests so that they can take money and so that you will prefer them.  

What you have to do is only employ good Muslims.  If you see Muslims who are not righteous then advise them and guide them. Then if they follow the right path, all well and good, otherwise you should send them back to their countries and bring others. Ask the agent who chooses employees for you to choose good people who are known to be honest, and who are known to pray and be righteous, and not to choose just anyone.  

Undoubtedly this is a trick of the Shaytaan, whereby he says to you: These kaafirs are better than the Muslims, or are more honest, and so on. All of that is because the enemy of Allaah and his troops know of the great evil that results from employing kuffaar instead of Muslims. So he makes that idea attractive to them and encourages them to employ non-Muslims and leave the Muslims, and even to employ enemies of Allaah, thus giving precedence to this world over the Hereafter. There is no power and no strength except with Allaah. 

I have even heard that some of them say that the Muslims pray and miss work because of their prayers, and the kuffaar do not pray so they do more work. This is like what we have mentioned above; it is a very serious matter to regard the Muslims� prayer as something objectionable and to employ kaafirs because they do not pray. Whatever happened to faith and piety? Whatever happened to fear of Allaah? How can you criticize your Muslim brothers for praying? We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. 

Fataawa Noor �ala al-Darb 

Shaykh Ibn �Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about describing the kuffaar as honest, trustworthy and good workers. 

He replied: Even if that is true, their lies, deceit, betrayal and theft are far worse than what is found in some Muslim countries. This is well known. If it is true, these are qualities that are advocated by Islam, and the Muslims should be striving harder to acquire these characteristics so that they may acquire a good attitude as well as earning reward. But the kuffaar only aim to achieve material gains by means of these attitudes, so they are honest in their dealings so as to attract others to them. 

But if the Muslim acquires these characteristics, in addition to material purposes he also seeks to fulfil a shar�i aim, which is to acquire faith and earn reward from Allaah. This is the difference between the Muslim and the kaafir. 

With regard to the claims about honesty in kaafir countries � whether eastern or western � if this is true, it is only a little of goodness in comparison to the great evil, even if it is nothing more than the fact that they deny the rights of the One Whose rights are the greatest of all, namely Allaah � may He be exalted and glorified. �joining others in worship with Allaah is a great Zulm (wrong) indeed� [Luqmaan 31:13 � interpretation of the meaning]. No matter how much good these kaafirs may do, it is still greatly outweighed by their bad deeds, kufr and wrongdoing, so there is no goodness in them.

Majmoo� al-Fataawa, 3. 

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: The help of the ahl al-dhimmah (non-Muslims living under Muslim rule) should not be sought in government work or record-keeping, because that leads to many evil consequences. Ahmad was asked about the report of Abu Taalib with regard to collecting taxes, and he said: Their help should not be sought in anything. 

Al-Fataawa al-Kubra, 5/539 

It says in Fath al-�Ali al-Maalik fi Fatwa �ala Madhhab Maalik: Preferring a kaafir to a Muslim is apostasy if that is on the basis of religion, otherwise it is not. (2/348). 

See also question no. 13350.
Islam Q&A

http://islamqa.com/special/index.php?ref=43270&ln=eng&am p;subsite=140

Anatolian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anatolian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 11:49pm
So Christians and Jews destroyed Muslim homes, raped and ravaged there
women and burned there towns.

My friend how do you believe the Muslims reached Vienna and the south of
France? From Medina to Damascus within a few years and practically all of
North Africa and Central Asia within a generation? Don't tell me they were
invited...

This article is enticing hatred among Muslims who have never even met an
non Muslim. Thank God many Muslims are wise enough not to follow this
type of thinking. It reeks of ignorance.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 12:53am
Anatolian thank you I was thinking the same thing....
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 3:28am

If you say that the attitude of the kuffaar is better than the attitude of the Muslims � in absolute terms � then this is haraam, no doubt about it.

Again people are issuing fatawas about Haraam and Halaal without any verse of the quran. The verse of the quran should point out to something specific and say that is haraam.

What you have to do is only employ good Muslims.  If you see Muslims who are not righteous then advise them and guide them. 

That would be dishonesty. The workers do the work. So did the non Muslim salves. It would be a shame if the non Muslim workers were doing  their work better than the Muslims. Yet we have to prefer the bad muslim workers. That is not fair. It is a long post, with mixed matters and opinions of some scholars of Hadith I hope. Nothing of that may be true because it has a vacuum of love and good behaviour.

Scholars have been giving their opinions and it is our duty too look into the material. The Muslims have lost the stage of goodness. It is now better to be gentle and calm down. It won't hurt any one. They are now on the receiving end. There is no need to be proud and haughty now.

Our ancestors were good and great. But what are we?? Absolutely nothing. If Muslims do not realise their bad state of affairs, they will suffer all the more. The great maulvis were teaching jihaad to the poor muslims for the last 80 years. They did not realise that people needed guidance first more than the sword. But still they were propagating the Jihaad (fight for religion with the sword) in their books. Why?? Some even printed photos on the book title with Quran and sword together.

Actually, they misunderstood and very much under estimated the technological advacement of the western countries. The capture of whole India just by a rifle should have been a good lesson for the Muslims. India is not a small country. And England is not very big. Then how come the Muslims were defeated from calcutta to kabul.

The reason was that these MUslims were not fit people, i.e. Saaliheen. It is not necessary to just be a believer reciting a Kalimah. There is a serious condition of good deeds (Amal e saaleh). That good deed part was missing from bottom to top.

In Short, I feel that we do not need such lecture which smell of some hatred. I feel that some friends do not understand the meaning of the word Kaafir. I asked it here and I feel that no one replied to me. It is necessary to understand things first and then be happy and gentle, very gentle to survive. I hope I have not hurt any one. Pardon me.

Edited by minuteman
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 3:45am

In Short, I feel that we do not need such lecture which smell of some hatred. I feel that some friends do not understand the meaning of the word Kaafir. I asked it here and I feel that no one replied to me. It is necessary to understand things first and then be happy and gentle, very gentle to survive. I hope I have not hurt any one. Pardon me.

minuteman, I dont think it is possilbe for you to hurt anyone. You are very well thought of on this forum, and your comments and advice is much appreciated. Thankyou for your input always. May Allah continue to guide you in the same like manner, for the benefit of all.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 3:20pm
I hope every time we make a fatawa, to say about haram and halal, there should be basis and that basis should be from Quran alone otherwise the fatawa can be categorized as human opinion.

Islam is Love, Peace, Forgiveness and Mercy. As the Prophet said lets not be harsh in our dealings for Islam is an easy religion for all.

Ab� Hurayrah relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"This religion is easy. No one becomes harsh and strict in the religion without it overwhelming him. So fulfill your duties as best you can and rejoice. Rely upon the efforts of the morning and the evening and a little at night and you will reach your goal."
[Sah�h al-Bukhar�]

These words of the Prophet (peace be upon him) defines for us the concept of moderation in its proper Islamic context. When it comes to understanding the principles of Islamic Law, our definitions must be drawn from established sources and not purely from the discretion of the individual. Otherwise, our definition might yield a practical model that justifies nothing but itself. Many of our accepted and established principles have begun to take forms that represent only one narrow vision and that are unable to cope with the many demands of Islamic work and propagation.

Edited by Truth_light24
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 10:20am
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

assalamu alaikum

Ruling on saying that the attitude of the kuffaar is better than the attitude of the Muslims
  Question No 43270

Question:
Is it permissible for a Muslim to say that some of the kuffaar have a better attitude than some of the Muslims?.

This is enough to tell anyone this fatwah is garbage, since when do Muslims require a "fatwah" on personnel opinion and preferences. Are we now going to see fatwah on two cockroaches crawling up a wall becouse the need for this fatwah isnt far removed from this.

I dont know what is worse the fatwah or the person who thinks he needs a legal reason to think some non muslim are better in chrachter than some muslims.

Is it permissible for a Muslim to say that some of the kuffaar have a better attitude than some of the Muslims?

Yes, what basis from the Quran or sunnah do you have that states you cant believe non muslims can be righteous, like you need an excuse to see a persons good qualities.

This speaks volumes about these peoples mentality and un-Islamic atitude towards people of different religion, i suppose dawa to them entails pretending to be good as apposed to being good because its haram to be good to non muslims right?

Its also sad to see that the word fatwah is so wrongly being used, Fatwah is a legal rulling on a matter this is just an opinion piece.

Anatolian

My friend how do you believe the Muslims reached Vienna and the south of France? From Medina to Damascus within a few years and practically all of North Africa and Central Asia within a generation? Don't tell me they were invited...

Even if islam was spread entirely by warfare which is not true the fact that we have the jizyah tax [an option which allowed people to practice there faith freely] in islam does not explain why they chose islam as there religion and yes in some places they where invited England being one of them, its a shame the khalifs at the time rejected the invitation.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 7:27pm

The subject of good behaviour is important. We have to guard against evil in all forms. But at the same time we are to live in this world and live well, as a very good example of decent well behaved citizens. It is not possible to live aloof like those in the caves.

Even a smile is important. The prophet s.a.w.s. called it "Sadaqah". Allah does not forbid us to deal well with those who do not fight against us. There is utmost respect and good behaviour for the neighbor, may he be a Hindu or Budhist or jew. we are told to respect and protect their honor and places of worship. Let me quote verses 60:8-9 below:

[60:8] Allah forbids you not respecting those who have not fought against you on account of your religion, and who have not driven you out from your homes, that you be kind to them and deal equitably with them; surely, Allah loves those who are equitable.

[60:9] Allah only forbids you respecting those who have fought against you on account of your religion and have driven you out of your homes, and have helped others in driving you out, that you make friends with them, and whosoever makes friends with them - it is these that are transgressors.

I see that the christians, in their majority countries are giving the Muslims a place to live and work. There is no need to spoil with them. It is necessary to live well there and follow the law of the land and be thankful. Arrogance and thanklessness is highly objectionable. At present we are to prove that we have the best morale in the face of adversity. No need to be proud or haughty.

Let us pray and hope that we get guidance from the Quran and not be misguided by it. The book is with us. But who will teach us the book? The book needs a teacher too. A bad teacher of the same book will mislead. Please remember that the Jews had all the books of revelation (Torah) and Hadith with them. They were reding those books day and night. But they were misguided and suffered.

Then Isa a.s. came to relieve the Jews from the shackles of occupation (foriegn rule). Their books could not help them. Samething happened to the christians. They had the bible and they had great power too (Roman empire). Yet they lost the guidance that was given to them through Isa a.s. That was a message of love and gentleness for them. We need a similar message today. We do not need a message of enmity and confrontation.

Kaafir has to be defined as a person who is highly opposed to Islam and he/she is an enemy of Islam. Those who are not momin (believers) but they are not enemies are not all Kaafirs.

Edited by minuteman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic