IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To continue Believer’s topic bellow  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To continue Believer’s topic bellow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 6:47pm

Actually you don't have to follow Mohammad:

YUSUFALI: Nay,-whoever submits His whole self to Allah and is a doer of good,- He will get his reward with his Lord; on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
PICKTHAL: Nay, but whosoever surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good, his reward is with his Lord; and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
SHAKIR: Yes! whoever submits himself entirely to Allah and he is the doer of good (to others) he has his reward from his Lord, and there is no fear for him nor shall he grieve.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Nazarene Nazarene wrote:

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

And my deed is to believe completely that GOD so loved me that He sent Jesus to pay my debt.  I am truly thankful.  I will love GOD with all my heart and soul.  I will turn the other cheek and love my enemy. 

GOD has promised me heaven/paradise.

honeto have you been promised heaven/paradise?

I don't think God has promised you anything directly or in anyway, you think it that way. It is the book, "the Bible" you are refering to from where you take that claim.
Interestingly enough, the same book you associate your claim does not promise anything other than through the way of Justice.  Just read the following from the same book:
Revelation 2:22 ....... and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

Now the above two quotes are quite in contrast to those you use to claim your "promised heaven".

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
Now according to the above, all are saved, read " the whole world. I don't think so my friend, how can we trust such a contradiction.

Here is how I believe in all truth about my salvation:

45:14  Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not look forward to the Days of Allah: It is for Him to recompense (for good or ill) each People according to what they have earned.
3:31 Say: "If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

It is not me or you who will decide our own fate. I am sure we all will choose Paradise if we were to do that. The reality will be that its the Master of the Universe who will Judge between us.

99:7-8 And whoso doeth good an atom's weight will see it then,And whoso doeth ill an atom's weight will see it then.

57:28 O ye that believe! Fear Allah, and believe in His Messenger, and He will bestow on you a double portion of His Mercy: He will provide for you a Light by which ye shall walk (straight in your path), and He will forgive you (your past): for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Hasan
my friend there's something in your reply that makes me think.

in verse 99: 7-8
an atoms weight

i had no idea the atom was known of 1400 yrs. ago.
not to mention its weight. which brings the meaning to this verse.
peace
leland

It simply means the smallest or tiniest part you can come up with. The translator of modern age know atom to be such a unit so when translating the word chose atom as that smallest unit.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 6:37am

In the 5th cent. B.C. the Greek philosophers Democritus and Leucippus proposed that matter was made up of tiny, indivisible particles they called atom, or in Greek "a-tomos". The reason why they assumed this is because nothing can come from nothing. Around 1803, John Dalton (1766-1844) developed the first useful atomic theory of matter. He imagined the atom as a sphere full of an electrically positive substance mixed with negative electron. Then in 1897, Thompson discovered the first component part of the atom: the electron, a particle with a negative electric charge.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2008 at 11:58am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

And my deed is to believe completely that GOD so loved me that He sent Jesus to pay my debt.  I am truly thankful.  I will love GOD with all my heart and soul.  I will turn the other cheek and love my enemy. 

I don't think God has promised you anything directly or in anyway, you think it that way. It is the book, "the Bible" you are refering to from where you take that claim.
Interestingly enough, the same book you associate your claim does not promise anything other than through the way of Justice.  Just read the following from the same book:

Now the above two quotes are quite in contrast to those you use to claim your "promised heaven".

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
Now according to the above, all are saved, read " the whole world. I don't think so my friend, how can we trust such a contradiction.

45:14  Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not look forward to the Days of Allah: It is for Him to recompense (for good or ill) each People according to what they have earned.
3:31 Say: "If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

It is not me or you who will decide our own fate. I am sure we all will choose Paradise if we were to do that. The reality will be that its the Master of the Universe who will Judge between us.

99:7-8 And whoso doeth good an atom's weight will see it then,And whoso doeth ill an atom's weight will see it then.

57:28 O ye that believe! Fear Allah, and believe in His Messenger, and He will bestow on you a double portion of His Mercy: He will provide for you a Light by which ye shall walk (straight in your path), and He will forgive you (your past): for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Hasan
my friend there's something in your reply that makes me think.

in verse 99: 7-8
an atoms weight

i had no idea the atom was known of 1400 yrs. ago.
not to mention its weight. which brings the meaning to this verse.
peace
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 23 November 2008 at 12:25pm
love for all conquers all
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2008 at 6:35pm

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 08 November 2008 at 6:41pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 4:25pm

John 3
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 2:44pm

Yes!

honeto to be holy one must not sin at all.  To be with GOD after death we must be holy for HE is holy.  There is only one way to be truly holy and it is not by our own deeds.

How do you know that your $100 dollar theft doesn't start a snowball of effects that leads to multiple deaths? 

we have discussed this before. I have said that its true that we all do some sin, but it is as true as to say that some sin more than others. Just like the minor and major offence laws here in the US. God also has told us of major and minor sins and their punishments. Same time God has also told us about how we can avoid such sins and of forgivness from the ones we did.  God who has control over All and Everything can forgive whomever of His servants He is pleased with without a doubt or problem.
And that's what God has said in the Quran and previous scriptures.

5:9 God has promised unto those who attain to faith and do good works [that] theirs shall be forgiveness of sins, and a mighty reward;

11:90 Hence, ask your Sustainer to forgive you your sins, and then turn towards Him in repentance - for, verily, my Sustainer is a dispenser of grace, a fount of love!"

Present day Bible has a few different philosophies about salvation. Salvation through forgiveness of sins is one of them.

Luke 1:77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

Revelation 2:22So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 29 October 2008 at 2:53pm

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 12:19pm
Yes!

honeto to be holy one must not sin at all.  To be with GOD after death we must be holy for HE is holy.  There is only one way to be truly holy and it is not by our own deeds.

How do you know that your $100 dollar theft doesn't start a snowball of effects that leads to multiple deaths? 

John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic