IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To continue Believer’s topic bellow  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To continue Believer’s topic bellow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To continue Believer’s topic bellow
    Posted: 29 January 2009 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

...Sorry but Mohammad is not in the Bible.  At least I have not in the 5 years now that I have been studying the Quran that I have found proof.

Here is story of former Roman catholic bishop of the Uniate Chaldean and read it how he rightly describes Prophet Muhammad in the Bible:

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 7:19pm
So why can't a believer in the One True GOD follow Jesus?

How can you be sure the Apostle is not Jesus?

What if the whole Quran is meant to be about Jesus and not Mohammad?  I am going to start a thread on this!!

LOL!!  no. I just never thought to look for Mohammad in the Holy Bible before I came on these forums.

YUSUFALI: It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered a messenger from among themselves, to rehearse to them His Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom,- although they had been, before, in manifest error;-
PICKTHAL: He it is Who hath sent among the unlettered ones a messenger of their own, to recite unto them His revelations and to make them grow, and to teach them the Scripture and wisdom, though heretofore they were indeed in error manifest,
SHAKIR: He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of Mecca an Messenger from among themselves, who recites to them His communications and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom, although they were before certainly in clear error,

Literal:
He is who sent in the illiterates/belongers to a nation a messenger from them, he reads/recites on them His verses/evidences , and he purifies them , and he teaches/instructs them The Book , and the wisdom , and (even) if, they were from before in (E) clear/evident , misguidance.
Free_Minds:
He is the One who sent to the Gentiles a messenger from among themselves, to recite to them His revelations, and to purify them, and teach them the Scripture and the wisdom. And before this, they were clearly astray.
Khalifa:
He is the One who sent to the gentiles a messenger from among them, to recite to them His revelations, purify them, and teach them the scripture and wisdom. Before this, they had gone far astray.
Shakir:
He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of Mecca an Messenger from among themselves, who recites to them His communications and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom, although they were before certainly in clear error,
Chouraqui:
Lui qui a suscit� dans les matries un Envoy� issu d�elles, il leur scande ses Signes, et les purifie, il leur enseigne l��crit et la Sagesse puisqu�elles �taient dans un fourvoiement manifeste.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 2:02pm
believer,
following a prophet is not worshipping the prophet. All the prophets were followed through their example in practice of God's teachings.
The messanger lived and taught what God wanted mankind to follow, thus following the prophet in essense is serving God because that's what the messanger did, for which he was sent.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 26 January 2009 at 2:02pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Honzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 10:00pm

LOL!!  now that is the kettle calling the pot black or how ever that saying goes!!  Muslima continuely take verses of the Bible out of context!!

Thats a problem with a christians they donot like to read verses of Quran in its proper context.

So 2:112 has to be read with:

"O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey the Apostle, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to God and His Apostle, if ye do believe in God and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.  (The Noble Quran, 4:59)"

Too bad they weren't compiled together in the Quran!!  I have asked that before not even context of where the verses fall in the compilation but what events were taking place to Mohammad and his group, where they lived etc.

sry can u provide more detail ?

Sorry but Mohammad is not in the Bible.  At least I have not in the 5 years now that I have been studying the Quran that I have found proof.

U r trying to find Muhammad (peace be upon him) in bible by studying Quran ? Confused

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 9:28am
 LOL!!  now that is the kettle calling the pot black or how ever that saying goes!!  Muslima continuely take verses of the Bible out of context!!

Thats a problem with a christians they donot like to read verses of Quran in its proper context.

So 2:112 has to be read with:

"O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey the Apostle, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to God and His Apostle, if ye do believe in God and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.  (The Noble Quran, 4:59)"

Too bad they weren't compiled together in the Quran!!  I have asked that before not even context of where the verses fall in the compilation but what events were taking place to Mohammad and his group, where they lived etc.

Sorry but Mohammad is not in the Bible.  At least I have not in the 5 years now that I have been studying the Quran that I have found proof.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hyposonic View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyposonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 8:23pm

Believer you really haven�t presented anything that supports your view in fact, it remains nonsensical.

Honzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2009 at 10:14pm

"Allah Almighty in the Noble Quran clearly Commands the Muslims to obey and follow the Commands of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him."

Follow the commands of Mohammad and not Allah?

U hv again ignored the verses posted,

"O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey the Apostle, and those charged with authority among you .

Well what if one thinks Mohammad is just wise and not a prophet?

he is an unbeliever.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2009 at 8:38pm
"Allah Almighty in the Noble Quran clearly Commands the Muslims to obey and follow the Commands of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him."

Follow the commands of Mohammad and not Allah?

Well what if one thinks Mohammad is just wise and not a prophet?
John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic