IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Halal Recipe Exchange  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halal Recipe Exchange

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halal Recipe Exchange
    Posted: 07 February 2008 at 11:52am

ASA Srs,

Insha'Allah this reaches everyone in the highest of Imaan. I love cooking and with a large family I get to do it a lot. I'm always looking for recipes that include halal products that are easy to find in the stores or time saving recipes that are really good but don't require me to spend hours over the stove as I homeschool and have a home to upkeep so I have very little free time.

I was searching and to my surprise at http://soundvision.com under the Halal and Healthy tab they have great recipes sent in to their site. I like that because they are being posted by sr's like myself. Heres the recipe I'm going to try this weekend Insha'Allah.

If anyone has any good sites or recipes please share them.

Halal & Healthy:

RECIPES

SAUDI LAMB WITH RICE

2-1/2 lbs. lean lamb meat, cubed
    2 onions, chopped
    oil for frying
    2 cups rice
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon cardamom
    1/4 cup almonds, toasted
    1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted

Brown lamb and onions over medium heat in vegetable oil, in
a large skillet. Season with salt, pepper, cinnamon and
cardamom. Adjust seasoning to taste.  Add enough hot water
to cover the lamb.  Cover pan and simmer until lamb is tender.

Drain the lamb, reserving the liquid in a measuring cup. Add
enough water to the liquid to measure three cups.  Pour liquid
into saucepan and bring to a boil.  Add the rice.  Cover pan
and reduce heat to low.  Let rice simmer for 30 minutes,
while lamb and onions are kept warm in the oven.

Mound rice on a serving platter. Top with lamb and onions,
and garnish with toasted almonds and pine nuts.

Christina Al-Sudairy

If you have one recipe which is your, please send us with permission to share with others: [email protected]

ThomasWeek View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Catholic
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2020 at 1:31am
Sounds great. Thanks for this recipe, I would try it.
Also, I want to share my favorite recipe of gluten-free pumpkin bread.
Ingredients
  • Take a couple of cups (250g) universal flour;
  • Take a one and a half cup of white sugar and the same amount of brown sugar;
  • You’ll need three tablespoons of powder;
  • Pick a couple of tablespoons of spices that you prefer (e.g., cinnamon);
  • 1/4 tablespoon of ginger or clover would be enough;
  • 1/2 tablespoons of sea salt;
  • One + 1/2 cups (337g) pf puree of your choice; 
  • 1/4 cup of the selected oil (or applesauce to make it oil-free);
  • One tablespoon of vanilla for better taste;
  • A single flax egg that requires one tablespoon of flaxseed meal and three tablespoons of hot water);
  • A few pumpkin seeds.

Method:

1.  Set up the oven’s temperature to 350 °F.

2.  Choose a bowl for your batter. Sift the flour along with the recommended ingredients. Mix intensively.

3.  With the help of warm water and flaxseed meal, prepare the flax egg. It has to turn gloopy in 60 seconds.

4.  Take the missing ingredients, such as that eff, oil, purée, and vanilla. Add them to your mixture. The batter should get very thick.

5.  Apply a non-stick spray and parchment paper. It is done to lift out the pumpkin bread later.

6.  Place the batter that you obtain on the loaf pan. Smooth it down evenly.

7.  Add a bit of pepitas on the top of your product.

8.  Put the bread into the over and wait for an hour. Watch out so that it does not get too brown. Tent with foil after 40 minutes, and then finish the process.

Do not hurry up to slice and serve! Put the bread on a wire cooling rack.

Recipe from https://recipes.cafe/en

Juliana2506 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
USA
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juliana2506 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 3:03am
Microwave Farmers Omelette

Cooking an omelette in the microwave is not difficult, it will save your time in the morning. All you have to do for breakfast preparation is to mix all the ingredients in a mug or a mold and put it in the microwave. This omelette is no less delicious than cooked one in a frying pan. Don't forget to add your favorite spices to taste. You can also change some ingredients. Let's get started!

Ingredients:
  • Eggs 4 pcs
  • Diced ham 3 tbsp
  • Diced bell pepper 3 tbsp
  • Shredded cheese 3 tbsp
  • Salt, pepper, spices to taste
Method:
  1. Use a suitable cup for this kind of omelette. Don't use small ones, it's better to cook in a big cup. You can take a mug or a small mold as well. Break the eggs into a mold, whisk with a fork or with a whisk.
  2. Add diced ham, bell pepper, and shredded cheese in the mold with eggs. Stir the ingredients.
  3. Put the mold in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Check the readiness. If the omelette is not dense yet, then put it in the microwave for another 20 seconds. It usually takes up to 2-3 minutes to cook an omelette in a cup. Take out the omelette and eat directly from the mold /cup /mug.
Tips:
  • Put the omelette from the mold to a plate, if you prefer to eat this way. Use a knife, turn it around the edges of the mold and take out the omelette. 
  • Make sure that your ingredients cover the mold by 2/3. During cooking, the omelette increases in volume. 

ayaan12 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayaan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2022 at 3:41am
I'm interested in trying the recipe you shared. Thanks for the suggestion. By the way, I have a recipe for hummus with dried tomatoes that I'd like to share. Here are the ingredients:
  • Tahini    7.5 g
  • Boiled chickpeas (It should be cool)    75.0 g
  • Lemon juice    25.0 ml
  • Crushed garlic   2.5 g
  • Goody mayonnaise   7.5 g
  • Salt        0.3 g
  • Dried tomatoes        7.5 g
  • Olive oil  5.0 g
Method:

• Place all ingredients in a blender until creamy
  • Garnish with slices of dried tomatoes and olive oil
source: goodycs