IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seventeen Benefits of Tribulation  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seventeen Benefits of Tribulation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murabit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seventeen Benefits of Tribulation
    Posted: 07 February 2008 at 5:26am
The Seventeen Benefits of Tribulation

By Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

Listen to the whole AUDIO from: HalalTube

Excerpted from Shaykh Hamza Yusuf's Lecture

1. You realize the power of Lordship over you

2. You realize your abject servanthood and your complete state of resignation and brokenness before the Will & Power of Allah

3. Sincerity to Allah because you have no place of return in putting off or defending against the calamities except to Him

4. You return to Allah and are suddenly fervent in your desire of your Lord

5. It leads to a humbled state before Allah and more prayers through which you�re calling on Allah

6. You�re forbearing towards the one who has afflicted you (you gain the ability to show forbearance)

7. You get to forgive someone (�and Allah loves those who pardon others�). It is the greatest forgiveness when you forgive people who have caused you great calamities

8. You are patient during the tribulation (�and Allah is with the patient ones�)

9. You can become happy about what�s happening because you�re thinking about all these benefits

10. You can be grateful for the tribulation because of the rewards gained from it

11. The purification that these calamities have from your wrongs and your sins (ex: a believer is rewarded for any pain he experiences, even the prick of a thorn)

12. The compassion that Allah enables you to show to others in tribulation and the ability to help them

13. They give you the Blessing of having the true knowledge of the extent of well-being and what it is

14. Allah has prepared Rewards for the calamities dependent on how you dealt with them

15. What is hidden inside the Blessings of the folds of these calamities (ex: Allah may love a thing you hate and may hate a thing you love)

16. They prevent you from arrogance, evil, pride, and tyranny

17. Contentment
"I am a slave. I eat as a slave eats and I sit as a slave sits.", Beloved, sallallahu alyhi wa-sallam.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2008 at 12:54am

As'Salamu Alaikum,

JazakAllahu Khairan Katheer brother, for sharing it with us. It was very helpful to me and alhamdullilah, i did share it with my friends and even they thanked for it.

Keep sharing such material.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic