IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God and Allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God and Allah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 7:12am

Angela,

I thought you would pick up on my comment And I know you understand my thoughts on this. I know others wouldnt understand.

I wonder what other responses will come from muslims on my question.

But you know Angela, old habits die hard. You would call me a lost soul I think

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 8:41am

It is a beautiful question. In my belief, Allah is looking after us everywhere and every time. Allah has been always looking after us and will be so. But it does not mean that there must be another prophet-like mission or a new religion, and nobody exists to guide us. I will explain soon ...

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

I believe that all 124000 prophets including Adam, Nooh, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and the last one, Mohammad (sawa), are from one and only one God and all of them have performed their mission

If Allah looked after the people on earth since the beginning of time(ie 124000 prophets) then why does He not feel it neceesary for us to have a prophet now? I am muslim, and have every belief on the Prophet Muhammad and the Qur'an, but on the basis of history, it looks like Allah is denying us someone who can lead and guide us in these days.

Sis Martha, we had a great scholar from India. Sulaiman Nadwi, who had studied the life history of our Prophet and had written many books of seerah. Anyways, here are his words that shall answer your question. Its an extract from his book , Muhammad - The Ideal Prophet.

"Every Prophet of Allah came to this world as a witness, or aharbinger of good tidings, or as a warner, or as a summonner, but never in the past there came a prophet who combined all these qualities. There were witnesses to Allah's majesty and, overlordship, like Jacob, Issac and Ishmael. Others like Abraham and Jesus were the heralds of glad tidings. There were also warners like Noah, Hud, and Shu'yeb, the main point of their warnings was terrible punishment awating the evil-doers. Then, there were the prophets like Joseph and Jonah whose teachings set the tone for those who summon to divine guidance. But the messenger par excellence who had all these marks of prophethood - a witness as well as a welcomer, a warner as well as a caller and who was a distinguished Apostle in every aspect was none other than Prophet  Muhammad (pbuh). He was sent to be sent to the world as the last Prophet, the final one, after whom no other messenger was to be sent again by Allah.

This is the reason why he was granted a shari'ah or the law that was perfect and final requiring no revision in the days to come.

For the teaching of the last Prophet were to be everbinding, to remain unchanged to the end of time, he was sent as a acme of perfection with over-flowing guidance and resplendent light. This is an indisputable fact attested by history."

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
layalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

it looks like Allah is denying us someone who can lead and guide us in these days.

Remeber sister-

That everything Allah(swt) does is for a reason. We may not know or understand the reason 'why', but Allah as a perfect God does everything right. Remain strong in faith. Also consider the reasons why the Prophet Mohammed (p.b.u.h) was the last prophet. His sunnah allowed for us to have great imams throughout the world. While their will never be a messenger as great as Mohammed (p.b.u.h) in this modern world, we are still very blessed f0r the scholars, imams we do have.

Edited by layalee
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 11:14pm

Originally posted by Anatolian Anatolian wrote:

Angel, you are correct Arab Christians use the name Allah for God. But what
I meant to ask here is not the difference in name but the difference in
commands given to Muhammed from Gabriel, who was sent according to
Muhammed by Allah, the Allah of the Christians and Jews. But Christians and
Jews do not follow this later version of The Creator, in which Islam is based
on solely. The difference in teachings and commands when you compare
Judeo-Christian basics and Islam is wide yet there are obvious similarities
which accounts for the Jewish and Christian presence and influence in Arabia
prior to the Islamic movement of the 7th century.

I understand.

All 3 religions are different in their view of God. Everyone has there own view of God. My view or what I percieve for me about God is different to. But I seem to be on the side that we all believe in the same one God, I could be wrong in the end or that there are many Gods, but then I think it comes down to personal belief. I can say this and that about God, and the next person can to the same with different view, and so can islam, christianity and Judaism.

I don't believe there is any way of knowing if there is one or many Gods (Godess/Godesses) I know islam, christianity, Judaism believes that there is only one God. I know I believe in one God, but there could be more gods for all i know, whether its a pathoen or some other way. Again I think it comes down to personal belief as to how one believes. I certainly don't believe God as he/she/it is percieved in the 3 religions, am I believing in another God? could be the question, the same as you are asking about islam and christianity's perception of God  

Despite the differences in views, the joint in both religions cames down to Abraham's son Ismail, and the Archangel Gabriel who came to Muhammed, is also in Christianity and Judaism. I think because of that there is the view of, the same one God. If there was a completely different Angel that is not on the list of angels (which by the way everyone uses whether they are in one of the 3 religions or not) then maybe there would be a bit of discrepancy.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 2:53am

First of all, it is a fact that we live in the same planet, stand on the same earth, breathe the same air, drink the same water - a gift from whom? A gift from Our Creator. There could not have been more than One Creator who created the whole universe, hell and heaven and every tiny atoms in this universe. Agreed?

Prophet Muhammad (saw) was the final Messenger of Allah to humanity, and therefore the Qur'an is the last Message which Allah (swt) has sent to us. Its predecessors such as the Torah, Psalms, and Gospels have all been superseded. It is an obligation - and blessing - for all who hear of the Qur'an and Islam to investigate it and evaluate it for themselves. Allah (swt) has guaranteed that He will protect the Qur'an from human tampering, and today's readers can find exact copies of it all over the world. The Qur'an of today is the same as the Qur'an revealed to Muhammad (saw) 1400 years ago.

He is Allah AlKhaliq - The Creator, He is Allah Al-Awwal - The Begining, He is Allah Al-Akhir - The Last.

Edited by Nur_Ilahi
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 3:17am

Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

First of all, it is a fact that we live in the same planet, stand on the same earth, breathe the same air, drink the same water - a gift from whom? A gift from Our Creator. There could not have been more than One Creator who created the whole universe, hell and heaven and every tiny atoms in this universe. Agreed?

Actually, No agreement  apart from living on the same planet and sharing its resources  

The question is about God in both Islam and Christianity whether its the same God or another God because when you do compare there is different preceptions.

Nur, my personal belief in God, in what I think God to be is different to your view or islam's and christianity. But am I believing in the same God as you or am I believing in another God since I'm not viewing it as you are? that's the question.   

p.s: something tells me this should have gone into interfaith section

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 9:23am

It should have......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic