IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Repentance  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repentance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repentance
    Posted: 05 February 2008 at 1:54am

As'Salamu Alaikum,

Dear readers, We are aware of the fact that we commit sins intentionally / unintentionally. Allah swt says in the Quran , "O man ! What has seduced thee from thy Lord, Most Beneficient. {Al Infitar v :6}

What is it that leads man to disobey Allah, his Creator and Sustainer and his true Benefactor ? Is it the negligence and lack of awareness of Allah 's blessings or forgetfulness of his presence and Greatness ?

Dear brothers and sisters, don't consider your sins as small acts of disobedience but look at the greatness of whom you are sinning against ?  Don't underestimate Allah who you knows you better than all who look at you.

Near by I give you the good news from Lord, Allah the Almighty and His messenger {Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam}  . He says in the holy Quran in the chapter Al-Zumar : "Say : 'O my slaves who have transgressed against themselves {by commiting sins} Despair not of the mercy of Allah, Verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is oft-forgiving, most merciful.: {Al-Zumar V.53}

Look at these verses of Al-Furqan :

68. And those who invoke not any other god along with Allah, nor kill such person as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse -- and whoever does this shall receive Athama [punishment}

69. The torment will be doubled for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

70. Except those who repent and believe, and do righteous deeds; for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

What a bounty ! What a gain! Allah will change all his sins into good deeds! Who can neglect such a deal except an ignorant person or one who does n't care for Allah 's bounty. Therefore, my brother ! Repent and turn to Allah for this great deal wherein Allah will forgive your sins and change them into good deeds for you.

Now look at some of the sayings of our Prophet {sallal lahu alaihi wasallam} that encourages us to repent.

According to a saying Allah is extremely happy to see one of His slaves who repent over his sins and asks Allah for forgiveness. In one hadith , Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam ,quotes Allah, the most Glorious says, "O son of Adam ! As long as you invoke me and beg forgiveness {with the hope that I will forgive} I will  forgive all you sins and I don't care} how many or how great they are}, O son of Adam ! Even if your sins reached the height of the sky, and you turned to me in repentance. I will forgive you and I won't care".

In an other hadith , the Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam  quotes Allah, the Most Gracious : "O my servants ! You keep commiting sins day and night and I forgive all the sins so ask for My forgiveness I will forgive you"

And the holy Prophet Sallal lahu alahi wasallam says :

"Verily , Allah extends His hands { of mercy}at night to forgive the sinners of the day and extends His hand during the day to forgive sinners of night. {This forgiveness will continue until the sun rises in the west instead of the east"}

One the holy Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam saw a woman looking for her lost child. When she found him she hugged close to her bosom and began to feed him on her breast, The Prophet sallal lahu alahi wasallam said to the sahaba around him, " Can you imagine this woman throwing her child into the fire?"

They said : "No !"

He  said : "Allah has a greater mercy  and love  for His servants than this woman has for her child."

Allah O Akbar ! O Allah, how merciful You are, how Gracious , how Beneficient ! After all thiis mercy , is it
becoming on our part to delay our  "Tauba" ? What is holding  us back from returning to the mercy and love of ur Merciful Allah?

Insha-Allah shall post the rest tomorrow.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2008 at 6:26pm

Dear brothers and sisters ! Be candid with yourself and ask, "What forbids me fron Tauba and following the right way of obedience to Allah and observing prayers ? I would say to you, perhaps your family or society or friends ? Or perhaps the fear that if I repent, I would go back to the old ways," or "My sins are too many, how can I be forgiven?" or "I am worried about my family and wealth"  My reply to you will be

" Can you say all this to your Creator on the day you will meet Him! Certainly not. They are only whims of your imagination. They are obstacles in the right path, overcome  by only those who really fear Allah. So be firm and strong about your religion and with sincere and strong intention follow the way of goodness and continue that way, depending on Allah, remembering His mercy and forgiveness, which has no limits.

Dear Brothers and Sisters ! Think for a moment. Suppose  this is the moment when the angel of death would come to you. Would you like to go back to your Lord in your personal state? Please don't run away from your self examination. Because if you did not do it now, you will regret tomorrow  in your grave and that will be of no avail.

You shud know that Tauba is not reserved for the holy month of Ramdhaan. Rather it can be in this month and all the other months.

A person may have two births : The day he comes out of darkness of  his mother's womb to the light of this world, and the day when he comes out of the darkness of the sins to the light of obedience to Allah. So why don't you be that person?'  It is my sincere advice  to you , my dear friends,  that u adopt the company of  good people, pious and God fearing who will  benefit you even in life after death with their prayers for you. Join them and be with them in their noble activities and be steadfast until you come to your final moment and meet your Creator when the good news will be given to you and to them in these words of Holy Quran :

'"Salamun `Alaykum (peace be upon you) for you persevered in patience! Excellent indeed is the final home!''

Let me tell you a true story. There was this young man, one of those who fear Allah and follow the right path. Then he left them and began to ignore his religious duties. Then one of these days he went out in his car to have some fun. Then came the accident ----- The emergency room ----- then death. The sad news reached us. We attended the funeral prayers. He was carried to his grave. He was put into it. It was closed with slabs of stone and finally  he was covered with dust, never to return. Some tears were shed and some hearts broken. I noticed  one of his old friends , {the pious ones} sitting near his grave with his head bowed down, praying for him. Only then I realised who really benefits a person after his death.

Dear brothers and sisters ! Be careful so that you don't be one of those mentioned in these verses of the holy Quran :

27. And (remember) the Day when the wrongdoer will bite at his hands, he will say: "Oh! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger.'
28. "Ah! Woe to me! Would that I had never taken so-and-so as an intimate friend!''
29. "He indeed led me astray from the Reminder after it had come to me. And Shaytan is to man ever a deserter.

Before the door is closed, my dear brother, set yourself a good, determine the way that  leads to that good. Make your decision now, don't hesitate , it will be your course in this world and the hereafter. It is the course of eternal bliss , which fills the heart  with joy and happinessm know only to those who actually turn  to Allah with sincere repentance and who join the company of righteous people.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 10:53pm

Dear brothers and sisters in Islam ! If you decided to take the course of repentance and submission to Allah , you shud know it has certain inevitable conditions :

1. Regret over the past mistake

2. Give up the wrong deeds

3. Have full determination not to commit those sins again. If at all you fall into them again , repent and turn to Allah once more with sincere heart.

4. Your "Taubah" {repentance} is valid till just before you  take your last breath and before the sun rises in the west [instead of east]

*  All praise be to Allah for giving me life, sustenance and making me a Muslim.

*  O Allah , {The supreme being from all faults} I confess my sins against You inspite of all Your blessings on me , and your greatness.

* O {Merciful} Allah ! If you don't forgive me , who will? If you don't have mercy on me, who will

* O Allah , there is no good for me to turn to and beg except you.

* O Allah ! I turn to You in repentance seeking Your Mercy, forgiveness and bounty so don't turn  me down. Accept me as You always accept Your servant and forgive all sins

* O Allah ! I have done myself great wrong and there is no one but You who forgives, so forgive my sins and have mercy on me. Verily, You are most forgiving, most Merciful.

* O Allah ! make our return to You, a decent return with Your mercy, the most Merciful of all ! May Allah 's blessings and peace be  on our Prophet Mohammad [ Sallal lahu alahi wasallam]

Ameen.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic