IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Radio, TV & Film
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kingdom of heaven  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingdom of heaven

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingdom of heaven
    Posted: 07 June 2008 at 4:52am
Hi There . . . I admit that I usually have this tendency of watching such movies with muslims in it with a defensive frame of mind . . . expecting bad rep, publicity and propoganda!

And thats what my pre-conceptions were about this one as well. But I've got to say that I was pleasantly surprised. It was a pretty balanced and neutral portrayal of both sides.

I am a huge fan of Salahuddin and respect him greatly. I think his portrayal was not bad at all! And I too LOVED the part when he picks up the cross and puts it on the table! Thats why I adore Salahudddin. He didnt let personal beliefs or grudges misguide him. Islam is very tolerant towards non-believers!

I also loved the part when Balian asks Salahuddin why he was being so forgiving to the Christians when they had killed every muslim themselves . . . But Salahuddin's reply could have been better. . . something abt His teachings. . . not boastful 'cz I am Salahuddin' . . .anyway :p

I wish today's ummah would try and borrow some of the tolerant qualities of Salahuddin (as taught by Islam).
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 10:52pm
I have it on DVD, I thought it was a great movie.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
suleimanXXVII View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suleimanXXVII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 6:49pm
iono if anyone else saw this movie. it wasnt neccesarily a good movie, but at the end, saladin put a cross up on the desk when it fell down. i got this sort of, good feeling inside, that shows we can truly coexist and be friends in the end, if we put aside our differences. apparently the movie was a hit in lebanon just because of that
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic