IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why do Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 8:51am

YUSUFALI: Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
PICKTHAL: (And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ.
SHAKIR: And when Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so l will decide between you concerning that in which you differed.

YUSUFALI: And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam)."
PICKTHAL: And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our Allah and your Allah is One, and unto Him we surrender.
SHAKIR: And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our Allah and your Allah is One, and to Him do we submit.

YUSUFALI: If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt.
PICKTHAL: And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.
SHAKIR: But if you are in doubt as to what We have revealed to you, ask those who read the Book before you; certainly the truth has come to you from your Lord, therefore you should not be of the disputers.

Edited by believer - 12 October 2008 at 8:52am
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

LOL!!  You must read more then answering-chritianity sites!!

read this:

RIGOROUS TRANSCRIPTION OF OLD TESTAMENT
We can have confidence in the reliability of the Old Testament because
of the rigorous transcription methods employed. Before the discovery of
the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947, the oldest Old Testament manuscript found
dated around AD 900, approximately 1300 years after the completion of
the Old Testament in 400 BC. The Dead Sea Scrolls, however are dated
before the time of Christ (about 150 BC). The book of Isaiah found in
the Dead Sea Scrolls verifies the precision of the method used to
transcribe the Old Testament. The book of Isaiah from the Dead Sea
Scrolls is identical to today's standard Hebrew Bible in greater than
95% of the text. The 5% variation is due to slips of the pen and
variations in spelling.

You forgot, varying interpretations and meaning alterations. How Christians squeeze different meanings out of the same verse.
Here is an example:
The OT in Jewish hands reads:
Isaiah 9:5 For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

Now find the stark difference in Christian Bible. What they did to the meanings of the same verse so they can make people believe that Jesus was God. The same verse we find in the Christian Bible's Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born,
       to us a son is given,
       and the government will be on his shoulders.
       And he will be called
       Wonderful Counselor,Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace
This is a very important one since this alteration is a design to alter the doctrine alltogether, not just a mere translation difference.

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 5:22pm
Yes you have pointed that out before. 

Please read:

The name of Jesus is used throughout the Old Testament every time salvation is mentioned.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 6:49pm

Yes you have pointed that out before. 

Please read:

The name of Jesus is used throughout the Old Testament every time salvation is mentioned.

Instead of addressing the contradiction, you are redirecting us to something different, may I ask why?
And by way the if you are making yeshua into Jesus, that is called translation, and words traslate, not proper nouns or names.
Like Robin is trying to make us believe the same that Mr Bush in America is Mr. Jahri in the Sub-continent and now you too!
Please address the transformation of the OT verse I mentioned when it was borrowed by Christian Bible.
Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 6:46am
LOL!!  I am not denying the contradiction. 

Remember when you brought it up before I said that there are different interpretations of that same passage.  You mention one, I follow another. 

LOL!!  honeto I have short term memory lose but not long term!!

So why does the Quran say Jesus' name is Isa?
John 3
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 6:55pm

LOL!!  I am not denying the contradiction. 

Remember when you brought it up before I said that there are different interpretations of that same passage.  You mention one, I follow another. 

LOL!!  honeto I have short term memory lose but not long term!!

So why does the Quran say Jesus' name is Isa?

Good that you realize that your interpretation of that verse is different in principle then the one found in the source from where it was taken.

I don't think God will hold us accountable for our memory loss, LOL
rather for our mistakes that we make knowingly, and continue to follow that path.Cry

You ask, "Why does Quran say Jesus' name is Isa." Well, I don't know why. But I know that Christians that are Arab and from the Sub-continent use "Issa" for Jesus.  And  I know that in Spanish, its pronounced as 'Hesoos'. So it must have gone through the same transformation as the word " Jehovah".

Hasan

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 8:25am
I know for a positive that my path is the true way to GOD, for He has spoken to me and carried me through all things.

John 3
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 2:14pm

LOL!!  You must read more then answering-chritianity sites!!

read this:

RIGOROUS TRANSCRIPTION OF OLD TESTAMENT
We can have confidence in the reliability of the Old Testament because
of the rigorous transcription methods employed. Before the discovery of
the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947, the oldest Old Testament manuscript found
dated around AD 900, approximately 1300 years after the completion of
the Old Testament in 400 BC. The Dead Sea Scrolls, however are dated
before the time of Christ (about 150 BC).The book of Isaiah found in
the Dead Sea Scrolls verifies the precision of the method used to
transcribe the Old Testament. The book of Isaiah from the Dead Sea
Scrolls is identical to today's standard Hebrew Bible in greater than
95% of the text. The 5% variation is due to slips of the pen and
variations in spelling.

THE REAL BIBLE: WHO'S GOT IT?
 http://www.atheists.org/christianity/realbible.html

Pagan trintarian christians LIES Regarding the Dead Sea Scrolls
 http://answering-christianity.com/abdul-rahman_klimaszewski/dead_sea_scrolls.htm

Different and conflicting variations of "gospels" and "books" that are disagreed  upon by the Churches today.
 http://answering-christianity.com/different_bible_canons.htm

Textual Integrity Of The Bible
 http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Bible/Text/

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic