IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Inter-Marriages  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inter-Marriages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 6:21am

Regarding marriage to a non-muslim woman.

I am posting something from the book 'The Life of Muhammad'(pbuH) by Tahia Al-Ismail. page 230)

The marriage of Muhammad(pbuH) to Safiyya, a Jewess, then Maria, a copt, has tremendous importance in the history of Islam. It taught the muslims to be tolerant. If the Messenger of Allah himself had married once a Jewess and once a Christian, then all Jews and and all Christians were to be treated cordially as his in-laws. It wiped out bigotry and fanaticism from the muslim community once and for all...  The Qur'an decrees that there shall be no coercion in religion, and Muhammad(pbuH) taught it by these two unforgettable unions.

(page 231) If anyone should develop religious zeal against Christians and Jews,one could always point to the Messenger's being married, once to a Christian and once to a Jewess, and his memorable words in consequence, 'He who insults one of the people of the Book has insulted me'

Actually this book contains much to understand Islam in a simplistic way. Well worth a read.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 10:26am

Originally posted by layalee layalee wrote:

poga, care to share what exactly is the 'race of jinn'? or what individuals make up this race?

ASSALAMUALAIKUM

I can but again i will be called names and when i answer back people will object

but this at least i will say that you and me we are JINN for pure ADAM you need to go JEWISH people but even there they too have been mutated

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 7:56am

Martha,

Very good point.. at times the role model of the Prophet himself is lost. What did he do? If he married A jewish woman and a Chrsitian woman.. well..

Once you assert that they are of a faith it is then next best to assertain what does that mean to them. Are they nominally of that faith?  Its like a Muslim, yes you can marry people. But do search for piety first. The same would be true for Christian or Jewish women... are they pious, etc.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 8:03am
Why is this discussion about what men can have? We must take into consideration for the extermist on this site here that this choice (inter-marriage) is only for men.
poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 8:11am
Originally posted by poga poga wrote:

Originally posted by layalee layalee wrote:

poga, care to share what exactly is the 'race of jinn'? or what individuals make up this race?

ASSALAMUALAIKUM

I can but again i will be called names and when i answer back people will object

but this at least i will say that you and me we are JINN for pure ADAM you need to go JEWISH people but even there they too have been mutated

SWEETSWORDS 7 [ Gemini ]

BISMILLAH

By Poga Humayun Dundiwala

In my pure pious bacteria some evil satanic virus
They infest my carcass to pollute my soul
There are some fire breathing jinn inside my water bowl

In my pure pious thought some evil satanic sin
They put advanced arguments in topic too thin
The thin line of good and bad slightly insane or completely mad

Poga Say's in a foolington maze

Elementary pleasure and peril and compound of man
Elementary good and evil and combination of human
Elementary senses and smell of fear
Screaming vision and silent ear

Elementary pleasure and peril
Erotic Eros and deadly azraeel
Dance of Shiva and dust of Madan
In pleasure of Eden or peril of abaddon

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Why is this discussion about what men can have? We must take into consideration for the extermist on this site here that this choice (inter-marriage) is only for men.

The reason is simply the Quran.  The Quran is very specific.  Men can marry Christians and Jews, Women can only marry other Muslims.

The debate is if the permission for men is still in place.

I can kind of understand the prohibition from marrying a non-Muslim man.  As a Mormon, the husband is the spiritual head of the house and the priesthood holder.  In every active worthy Mormon household, the father blesses the children, prays over the house, teaches the Gospel and is in charge of seeing to it that the children are raised in the Gospel.

In a Muslim household, this would be very similar.  The Husband/Father prays at the head of the family, is an example to his children and in charge of teachings his children Quran and Sunnah.

If a Muslim woman were to marry a Non-Muslim man, then the spiritual head of the family is another faith. 

I personally wouldn't suggest interfaith marriage to either side.  75% of all interfaith marriages fail.  Mine almost did.  It wasn't until I became Mormon that we didn't fight about faith and children.  I wanted to raise them Orthodox and he wanted to raise them Mormon.  We had all sorts of issues that would have had to been addressed had I not eventually become Mormon.

A Muslim/Christian marriage would have to deal with the nature of Christ, the Prophethood of Muhammed, dress codes, prayers, even food.  How can one parent teach the child that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior and the other parent say that he is only a Prophet and saying he's the Son of God is an unforgivable sin? 

In the end, the law of the Quran is such that Muslim Men can take non-Muslim wives.  Muslim women cannot take non-Muslim husbands.  So any debate would be more about men than women.
poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 6:20am

Be Aql : BARZAKH today at market
This woman gave me this leaflet
It Say's she is clairvoyant crystal gazer and astrologist
it Say's she knows the language of jinn and angel bird and beast
I know many other tabloid liars and reputable news papers they all have zodiac page
Dishonest con and honest sage
Tell me what is the fact here and what is the fib
Tell me about changing woman and immutable eve

Barzakh : By day star pen he writes upon night paper moon
Poem of light
The dark inky lampoon
He writes tale of colors by shining alphabet
He writes with dehumidified laser upon moon light wet

Be Aql : Abracadabra boogla boo
What is your point give us the clue
What is your question tell us oh phantom veil
Tell us your enlightening story your dark tale

Barzakh : Human cosmetic surgery and six million dollar man
Angelic cosmic surgery and MUHAMMAD sallel la hu alahi wa sallam THE SUPERMAN
One jumps from building to building to save the day
Other jumps from physical ATOM to divine ARSH  and paves the SIRATUL MUSTAQIM way
One is combination of organic flesh and mechanical bone
Other is combination of matter and antimatter the NURANI neutron

Be Aql : For love of god please say something clear
Not your ambiguous BARZAKH the mixture of true ISLAM and fake KUFFR
For love of god please say something clean
Not your ambiguous Adam and phantom jinn

from SWEETSWORDS 114 [ Worth of Woman ]

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 6:07pm

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

The reason is simply the Quran.  The Quran is very specific.  Men can marry Christians and Jews, Women can only marry other Muslims.

The debate is if the permission for men is still in place.

I can kind of understand the prohibition from marrying a non-Muslim man.  As a Mormon, the husband is the spiritual head of the house and the priesthood holder.  In every active worthy Mormon household, the father blesses the children, prays over the house, teaches the Gospel and is in charge of seeing to it that the children are raised in the Gospel.

In a Muslim household, this would be very similar.  The Husband/Father prays at the head of the family, is an example to his children and in charge of teachings his children Quran and Sunnah.

If a Muslim woman were to marry a Non-Muslim man, then the spiritual head of the family is another faith. 

I personally wouldn't suggest interfaith marriage to either side.  75% of all interfaith marriages fail.  Mine almost did.  It wasn't until I became Mormon that we didn't fight about faith and children.  I wanted to raise them Orthodox and he wanted to raise them Mormon.  We had all sorts of issues that would have had to been addressed had I not eventually become Mormon.

A Muslim/Christian marriage would have to deal with the nature of Christ, the Prophethood of Muhammed, dress codes, prayers, even food.  How can one parent teach the child that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior and the other parent say that he is only a Prophet and saying he's the Son of God is an unforgivable sin? 

In the end, the law of the Quran is such that Muslim Men can take non-Muslim wives.  Muslim women cannot take non-Muslim husbands.  So any debate would be more about men than women.

Angela, you are completely out of my understanding. . You have answered excellently. Your understanding over this subject is just superb. Hope we learn from it. What do you say Br, Israfil?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic