IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do we have answer to this question?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do we have answer to this question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do we have answer to this question?
    Posted: 26 January 2008 at 12:05am

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Dear readers, after reading this thread, do answer this to ourselves. Question is at the end of the story

Excerpted & translated from the book: "The Roads of Desires to the Fate of the Admirers"

A man called Abu Qudamah Ash-Shamy, who lived in the Prophet's Madinah, was known for his love for Jihaad in Allaah's cause and participating in expeditions to the land of the Romans. One day, while conversing with some of his companions in the Prophet's Holy Masjid in Madinah, they said: "O Abu Qudamah, tell us about the most amazing thing you have witnessed while in Jihaad". He replied:

I once arrived at the city of Riqqa (in Iraq) seeking to purchase a camel to carry my weapons. One day, a woman entered to where I was sitting and said: "O Abu Qudamah, I was listening to what you mentioned about Jihaad and your incitement for Muslims to join it. I have been blessed with more hair than many other women; I have cut it and made a horse's rein out of, and I have covered it with dust so that no one can recognise it. I wish that you take it with you, so that when you arrive to the land of the disbelievers, and the horsemen engage in battle, the arrows are fired, the swords are drawn, and the spears are pulled out, either use it if you find the need for it, or hand it to whoever needs it, for I wish that my hair will witness the battle and will get the dust in the Way of Allaah. I am a widowed woman who had a husband and a number of relatives, who were all killed in Allaah's Path; I would have joined Jihaad had it been required of me." She then handed over the  rein to me.

She then said: "O Abu Qudamah, know that my husband left me a son who is amongst the finest of youths: He has learnt the Qur'an, the art of swordsmanship, as well as archery; he prays at night and fasts during the
day, and he is 15 years of age. He is currently away at a property which he has inherited from his father. Hopefully he will get back before your departure, for I wish to send him with you as a gift to Allaah the Exalted most High. And I ask you by Allaah that you do not deprive me from gaining the rewards I seek."

Abu Qudamah said: I had departed from Riqqa with my companions, when I heard a horseman calling out from behind: "O Abu Qudamah, wait for me for a while, may Allaah have mercy on you." I stopped and said to my companions: Go forth while I check who it is. The horseman then approached me, hugged me, and said: "Praised be Allaah who did not deny me from your company and did not turn me back disappointed". I said: "My beloved, let me see your face, for, if it is imperative on someone of your age to fight, I would command you to join us, otherwise I would turn you back". When he uncovered his face, I saw a young man who is like a full moon (in beauty), and who seems to have been living a wealthy life. I said: "My beloved, do you have a father?" He said: "No, in fact I am coming with you seeking revenge for my father who was martyred, perhaps Allaah will grant me martyrdom as he granted my father". I said: "My beloved, do you have a mother?" "Yes", he replied. I then said: "Then  go and ask her permission, if she permits you to go then come back, otherwise stay back with her".

The young man said: "O Abu Qudamah! Don't you recognise me?" "No", I replied. He said: "I am the son of the woman who gave you the trust. How fast did you forget my mother's request! I am -Insha' Allaah- the martyr son of the martyr! I ask you by Allaah not to stop me from going forth with you in Allaah's way, for I memorise Allaah's Book, and have knowledge of the Prophet's Sunnah, and I am experienced in horsemanship and shooting, and I have not left behind someone who is a better fighter than myself, so despise me not for my young age. My mother has taken an oath that I should not come back, and said: 'O son! If you meet the disbelievers, turn not your back to them, and offer your soul to Allaah, and seek to be close to Allaah, and the company of your father and your righteous uncles in the Heaven; and if Allaah grants you martyrdom, then intercede on my behalf, for I was
 told that the martyr can plead on behalf of seventy of his relatives, and seventy of his neighbours'. She then hugged me, lifted her head to the heavens and said: 'My Lord, Master and God, this is my son, the flower of my heart and the dearest to my soul, I present him to you,so draw him nearer to his father'."

When I heard the youth's words, I wept in grief over his good character and the beauty of his youth, and out of pity for his mother's heart, and over my astonishment at her patience on being away from him.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 12:08am

We went on with our journey; we rested at nightfall, and took off in the morning. During that time the youth did not cease remembering Allaah and glorifying Him. I observed his movements, and found that he was better than us when riding, and our servant once we dismounted. As we got closer and closer to the enemy, he would strengthen our determination, his spirit would fortify, his heart would purify, andthe signs of happiness would cover him.

We proceeded until we were close to the land of the Kuffar. It was near sunset when we alighted. The young man was cooking food for us to break our fast when he fell asleep. He slept for a long time, and I could see him smiling during his sleep. When he woke up, I said to him: "My beloved, I saw you smiling while asleep". He said: "I saw a vision which I liked and made me laugh". I said: "What was it you saw?" He said: "I saw myself in an elegant green garden. While wandering in it, I faced a silver castle which had balconies made of pearls and jewels. Its doors were made of gold, and its curtains were lowered. I then saw some maids, whose faces were like the moons (in beauty), lifting the curtains. Upon seeing me, they said: 'Welcome'. I then heard some of them saying to the others: 'This is the husband of the Mardhiyyah' (Blessed)'. They then said to me: 'Come forth, may Allah have mercy on you'. When I approached, I saw a room on the top of the castle, it was made of  red gold, and had a green bed made of jewels, and its legs were made of white silver. There was a girl on the bed whose face was like the sun, and had it not been for Allaah's help I would have lost my sight, and I would have lost my mind, because of the brilliance of the room, and the beauty of the girl. Upon seeing me, the girl greeted me saying: 'Welcome, O Allaah's servant and His beloved! You are mine and I am yours.' I wanted to hug her, but she said: 'Slow down, do not rush, you are not one of those who do wrong. However, we shall meet tomorrow at the time of Zuhur prayers, so rejoice!'."

Abu Qudamah said: I then told him: "My beloved, you saw but good, and good it shall be Insha' Allaah."

Amazed at the youth's dream, we went to sleep. When we woke up, we rushed, mounted our horses, and the caller cried: "O Allah's horsemen! Mount, and rejoice with Paradise, 'March forth, whether you are light or heavy' [Qur'an, 9:41]."

It was only an hour before the army of Kufr, may Allaah humiliate it, approached as if they were locusts spread abroad. The first of us to attack them was the youth, who scattered them, dispersed their lines, and plunged into their ranks; he killed many of their men, and knocked down their heroes. When I saw him doing this, I caught up with him, grabbed his horse's rein, and said: My beloved, retreat! You are a young boy who is inexperienced in warfare. He replied: "O uncle! Did you not hear Allaah's saying: 'O you who believe! When you meet those who disbelieve, in battle a field,never turn your backs to them', do you wish for me to enter the Fire of Hell?"

While talking, the Mushriks launched a great offensive, which caused us to separate, and each of us had to look after himself. When the two parties separated, the killed were countless. I rode around examining the killed, whose blood was flowing on the ground, and who could not be recognised due to the dust and blood which covered their faces.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 12:14am

While riding, I saw the youth between the horses' hooves, covered with dust and blood; he was saying: "O Muslims! For Allaah's Sake, get my uncle Abu Qudamah to come to me!" Upon hearing his crying, I ran towards him. I could not recognise his face because of the blood, and the marks from the horses' footsteps. I said: "Here I am, this is Abu Qudamah". He said: "O uncle, by the Lord of the Ka'bah, my dream has come true. I am the son of the rein's owner!" Upon hearing this, I threw myself on him, kissed him between the eyes, wiped the dust and blood off his face, and said: O my beloved! Do not forget your uncle Abu Qudamah, make him amongst those you intercede on their behalf on the Day of Judgement! He replied: "The likes of you cannot be forgotten! You wipe my face with your gown? My gown is worthier. O uncle, leave it, for I wish to meet Allaah in this state. O uncle! The Hoor (girl of Paradise) that I described to you, she's at my head, waiting for my soul to depart  from my body, and she is saying to me: 'Hurry, I am longing for you.' O uncle, for the Sake of Allaah, if He was to bring you back safely, take my blood-stained clothes to my poor, grieved and sad mother, present them to her, and tell her: 'Allaah has accepted your gift'." He then smiled and said: "I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, no partner has He; He has kept His promise, and I bear witness that Muhammad is Allaah's servant and Messenger; this is what Allaah and His Messenger has promised us, and Allaah and His Messenger were true to their promise." His soul then left his body.

We then enshrouded him with his clothes, and buried him, may Allaah be pleased with him and us.

When we returned from our expedition and entered the Riqqa, I headed towards the house of the young man's mother. She came out, and seemed very worried. I greeted her, she answered my Salam and said: "Did you come as a condoler or as a rejoicer?" Explain to me what is a condolence and what is a rejoice to you, may Allaah have mercy on you?, I replied. She said: "If my son has come back safe, then you are indeed a condoler. Whereas if he has been killed in Allaah's Path, then you are a rejoicer!" I said: "Rejoice, for Allaah has accepted your gift!"

Upon hearing this she wept and said: "Did He accept it?" I said: "Yes." Thereupon she said: "Praise be to Allaah who spared him for me on the Day of Judgement.".

May Allaah (swt) give us the hikmah to take lesson from this and give us the imaan and taqwaa to act upon it- Ameen.

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 12:24am

Dear readers the question is :

Do we have this spirit of youth and his mother?

This great woman had nothing to contribute for jihad, but she weave a rein so that it be used while Jihad. She did give the best she had. Do we give the best we have for the sake of Allah swt. If yes, Alhamdullilah, you are investing it in a profitable, the rewards are multiplied. So increase your charities. If not, lets learn to contribute our wealth, for the sake of Allah swt, Spend it for the education and welfare of the poor and needy. Noy just wealth,  but any talent and abilities we have are to be used in the spread of Islam.

Let us revive the spirit of responsibility as  a muslim.

May Allah swt, grant us such faith. Ameen

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 3:30am

As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh

May Allah (s.w.t) bless you&reward you for this act of dawah.I was touched immensely& I just couldn't help but shed tears reading this story.

What saddens me personally is the fact that there're too many distractions in the world today&what everyone seems to prioritize first,is"survival".Survival here on DUniyah,not JANNAH!

I always pray that Allah softens the hearts of my loved ones in order that they appreciate that,Allah is the Owner&Controller of our lives.And if only they are faithful enough to put their affairs in the hands of Allah,He would be Sufficient for them.That He would provide their sustenance&reward their labour with His Barakah,without neglecting their first duty-worship Allah.I wish this could be convincing enough to make people turn to Allah&worship Him.That parents do not just train their children to be amongst the Elites here on earth,but to intercede for them on the day of Reckoning.I wish that Allah softens our hearts with His Love&fill it with Piety.To help us fight the temptaions of this confusing,overtly demanding&less rewading worldy pursuits.That children in turn would become humble&submisssive to their Creator,with the realization that,everything that glitter isn't gold.That we should use everything good Allah has bestowed us with to propagate Islam,raising our banner with pride&confidence.Not being ashamed of practising our faith.To be strong enough to overlook all the negativities going on around us&turn it to positive changes.To be the best of the livelihood we've chosen.To come out in flying colours as proud Muslims as students.To use our knowledge to prove the ignorants wrong of their misconceptions about Islam.

I on my own part, never stop wising I were alive during the Prophetic era.That is only a wish now but I have to be objective&face reality.Amongst the things I have planned on doing insha Allahu is share my knowledge&use all the intelligence,brilliancy&every innate goodness in me to propagate Islam.I have also resolved to put in my best to be the best mother I can be to my kids&make them even better Muslims,mash'Allah.They have the opportunities I didn't have growing up&I pray Allah guides me in achieving this.

We can relate with the stories of the Sahabas&emulate them.We might not be able to achieve what they stood for because Rasulullah(s.a.w) has called them the best of generations,mash'Allah.But in our own time,there're ways&different means of doing Dawah&Jihad.If Jihad by sword is impossible,there is Jihad with every good things Allah has blessed us with&we can at least try to live our lives in accordance to Allah's decree,as possible as we can.I pray that even the ones I've mentioned&the unspoken ones are granted by Allah.

I might not have the piety to send my son to the battle field,but I mash'Allah have the will to die as a Matyr if Allah so wishes.

May Allah grant us hidayah&a strong eeman to overcome our weaknesses!!!Ameen!

May Allah reward you for this inspirational&remorseful reminder.Jazakallahu!!!

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 10:45pm

Wa'alaikum As'Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Sister Sakeenah, am speechless ! Just speechless after reading your post. What shall i say, I cannot highlight just a single sentence of yours since whole post of yours is worth to be highlighted. SubhanAllah !

Its urdu version has got more details of it. Even about his sister and mother. I immediately thought to share it .

On the whole, i wish this spirit which was seen in your post shud be amongst all the woman, since they play a very important role of a child. Her father, brother and husband were matryed. And now she sent her young son too. SubhanAllah. She did not even think that now there shall be no male member in her family. This thought did not hinder her. Lastly when the news of her son's matrydom reaches her she says, "Praise be to Allaah who spared him for me on the Day of Judgement." . AND this young boy, an obedient son, bestowed with a strong faith.

As you said sister that If Jihad by sword is impossible,there is Jihad with every good things Allah has blessed us with and  we can at least try to live our lives in accordance to Allah's command,as possible as we can. Prepare them to be ready to accept any command of Allah. None [love and affection} shud obstruct. Love for Allah swt shud be above all.

May Allah swt reward you for your very thoughtful and inspirational post. Ameen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic