IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A question to the youth  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A question to the youth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 6:39pm

As'Salamu Alaikum,

Masha-Allah sister, you write so well and i don't understand why you thought to be a silent member at first. Well, do read a thread at this same section - Low esteem

Hope, you continue to be active over boards.

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
zulfan elhannan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulfan elhannan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 9:51am

assalam 'alaikum

seekshidayath(not sure to use bro or sis), thank you for the encouragement.

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 2:14am

As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh

Yes,sis.Zulfan! got it now-sister!!!

You're welcome sis!

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
barakat View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 7:50am
assalamu alakum. the only way fellow believer that you can help and be successful is to live a life untainted by sin. if you want to encourage a fellow believer on the importance of observing prayer ensure that you lead by praying 5 times. l believe doing good all the time in all circumstances is the one of the best motivation that can draw even new souls to our faith. today the world is in turmoil many have visited places of sancitity only to reap untold misery. it is a fact universally acknowledged that nowadays religion is fast becoming an epitome of the devil. l m thus of the opinion that in order for each and everyone of us to help successfully in spreading our faith means revisiting our moral and ethical values and refurbish our spiritual position

Edited by barakat - 02 September 2008 at 11:18pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 12:53pm
Sister Seeks. . . it is your turn to answer now, for I am reviving the topic.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 7:38pm
As Salamu Alaikum

i liked views of Barakat,"In order for each and everyone of us to help successfully in spreading our faith means revisiting our moral and ethical values and refurbish our spiritual position"

My views : I thouht i posted it. Insha Allah, shall post by the end of the day, as am getting late

By the way, i wish to read your views. Masha Allah, as said to you earlier , your posts are very inspiring for us. Hope even these views over the topic shall influence many.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 10:20am
I think so too.....
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 3:53am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

how do you spread Islam, what are your plans for it ---"

The reason for such a delayed response: I made a self-analysis and realised that I have not been doing much. Hence did not have much to say!

On my part, most of my 'dawah' if one can call it that, is restricted online - such as this forum.

In real life, I don't approach people myself, since many people consider that an invasion of privacy - the Hijab does most of the dawah. A lot of nonmuslims colleagues and friends ask me questions (not surprisingly, all related to hijab, polygyny, dating, arranged marriages )So I just try to be accessible/friendly. One friend, who is a freethinker, used to show a lot of interest and ask a lot of questions, so after sometime, I invited her to come along with me to Yusuf Estes' lecture - for some reason she backed out later. So I have resumed my passive approach, and only respond when ppl show interest.

I'm afraid I 'plan' a lot and just keep 'planning' - I dont always manage to pull through and implement. For example, back in highschool I was so impressed by Dr.Zakir Naik - I just wanted to be part of IRF and so joined thier free online Dawah course, but then I couldnt keep up and gave up! I wanted to get admission in an Islamic university (IIU Malaysia) that offers a degree with one Deen major & one Duniya major - but then I ended up doing something different, the way things worked out. Insha'allah I want to pursue some sort of formal Islamic course/degree after I graduate. Its been a plan since highchool. Apart from that, I have a lot of big ideas and plans - just not the metal to implement them. May Allah give me the strength and opportunity to do so, for His sake.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic