IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A question to the youth  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A question to the youth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question to the youth
    Posted: 25 January 2008 at 11:56pm

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

My dear members, this section is for the Youth and its creeping ! Is it not a sad note for us. Where is all the spirit and joy of Islam?  Its no where seen in this section.

Even am here for the first time . But i wish we concetrate over this section and just blast all our ideas and excitements etc ,  Let this section not be OLD. It represents the youth on an Islamic site

Anyways, that was a reminder. Right now, i wish you all to express your thoughts over this topic. Be honest

"How do i work for the spread of Islam"

Your answer shall be an inspiration for all of us. By this we shall also know what you aspire and your dreams and thoughts as a muslim. Kindly feel free and express yourselves.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 4:01am

Wa alaykum salaam warahamatullah wabarakatuh

This is a very creative idea.Thank you for your efforts.May Allah reward you abundantly.I only hope that anyone who wishes to contribute would be mature enough to chose their words,no bigotry,no profanity,no insults,no blasphemy&apostasy.No ambiguities& no bad-blood.I would not like to see anything close to that here.There're a number of things that are very upsetting but still find their way into this Forum.I honestly wish such would not come up here.Let everyone&anyone who is willing to partake avoid controversy as much as possible.There is freedom of expression,no doubt.But the right of one man ends where that of the other begins.There are people here from all over the world& we could learn a great deal of things by sharing our different views on the way Islam is practised in our countries.Our own experiences &what we have learnt so far.We could just break the ice&introduce a little humour.Just ease up a little,no hassles&power tussles.I pray we'd all be cool about this cos if any of the 'forbidded' happens,am outta here!!!!

So,jazakallahu khayran for reviving this section.I hope to be a contributor,mash'Allah!!!

Edited by lovesakeenah
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Fear_Allah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fear_Allah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 7:58am

Assalam alikom,

I'm over here on the mic .

Answering your question bro.seeks..I  find it's important for me now to focus on my studies and on improving my deen in a parallel way.I always wanted to make myself a MUSLIM student (then a  pharmacist inshaa Allah) who not only practise Islam well but also doesn't make matters complicated.

I mean by "Making matters complicated" that even here-a Middle eastern country- many people think that this who likes his deen and tries to strongly follow it is a TOUGH guy,mainly doesn't care about his studies,doesn't know any information except those islamic,is the furthest from being funny and doesn't enjoy his life..Sadly many people think in that way.

I-simply-wanted to prove that being a practising muslim doesn't contradict with being brilliant in your studies,being funny,having wide information about everything or enjoying your life.

You know that the most important part in dawah is making our good selves as examples.It's much more important than speaking 1000 words. 

May Allah help us all.

Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 6:11pm

JazakAllahu Khair for your views.

Yes, FearAllah as you said, "the most important part in dawah is making our good selves as examples.It's much more important than speaking 1000 words" . SubhanAllah !!! And you to have that spirit in Islam sis.

Sis Sakeenah, JazakiAllah for your kind words of encouragement. Your post was good Masha-Allah but was n't answer to the question.

I wish you to please let know us as an individual, how do you spread Islam, what are your plans for it ---"

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 10:49pm

I would like to paste and share sis Sakeenah's wonderful views from an other thread of this section.

I always pray that Allah softens the hearts of my loved ones in order that they appreciate that,Allah is the Owner&Controller of our lives.And if only they are faithful enough to put their affairs in the hands of Allah,He would be Sufficient for them.That He would provide their sustenance&reward their labour with His Barakah,without neglecting their first duty-worship Allah.I wish this could be convincing enough to make people turn to Allah&worship Him.That parents do not just train their children to be amongst the Elites here on earth,but to intercede for them on the day of Reckoning.I wish that Allah softens our hearts with His Love&fill it with Piety.To help us fight the temptaions of this confusing,overtly demanding&less rewading worldy pursuits.That children in turn would become humble&submisssive to their Creator,with the realization that,everything that glitter isn't gold.That we should use everything good Allah has bestowed us with to propagate Islam,raising our banner with pride&confidence.Not being ashamed of practising our faith.To be strong enough to overlook all the negativities going on around us&turn it to positive changes.To be the best of the livelihood we've chosen.To come out in flying colours as proud Muslims as students.To use our knowledge to prove the ignorants wrong of their misconceptions about Islam.

I did not get response from other members. Are there only two young members at this site

Khadra View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 6:08pm

Sorry to respond so late, I just found and joined this site today!

I think in order to spread Islam, muslims need to show the world how smart, talented, and special they are. Muslims need to start playing a bigger part in Western society. Audition for American Idol, compete in a spelling bee, become top scientists and doctors. Or even simple things like starting a community fundraiser or a hobby group.

People (especially in America) discriminate against muslims because they see only the crazy extremists. We need to show them that muslims are good, respectable people and then they will want to learn about Islam.

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 10:33pm

As'Salamu Alaikum

Sorry to respond so  late Sis Khadra.

We welcome you to our Boards of Discussions. I appreciate your post. We would like to know, what do you wish to do and  how are  you working for Islam  individually . Your answer may inspire us .

Your post shows your enthusiasm which is lacked in many of our youngsters. Masha-Allah .

May Allah swt help us in over coming our weaknesses and bestow  us with strong faith and be a practicing muslim. Ameen,

zulfan elhannan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulfan elhannan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:46pm

assalamualaikum warahmatullah

I do agree with fear_Allah that being a practising muslim doesn't contradict with being brilliant in your studies,being funny,having wide information about everything or enjoying your life. 

As I am also a student, haven't reach the age of twenty yet, I did noticed that some people refers spreading islam or da'wah as something so heavy for youth. Even more dissappointing, some of them think that spreading islam might influence our focus on study.

As for me, da'wah begin from a very, very small thing. It is so practical that everyone can do it. For example, wake up your roommate for subuh prayer, it is a kind of effort for our deen,right?

Also for a muslim student, while you are practising islamic values in your life, work hard if you want to be successful. We have Allah, Who will help us whenever we ask for it. When you have succeed, others will respect you, and start asking about the 'secret recipe' for your excellence. Then they will start realizing that you are the one who really cares about your relationship with Allah. and they will assume that it is your strength, that you earn from Him, by being a good muslim.

can't you all see that? non-muslims may also respect you.

no matter how hard you are trying to succeed in hereafter, you can't simply ignore your reputation in this world. Don't take it for granted. Then only, others will see Islam as the route of success!

May success be ours, insyaAllah. barakAllah fiikum.. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic