IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does the Quran ever speak of  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does the Quran ever speak of

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does the Quran ever speak of
    Posted: 18 January 2008 at 7:33pm
Allah's love?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 1:39am

Yes, many times and many places. It says to Muahmmad "Tell the people, if you love allah then follow me. Allah will love you....."

See verse 3:31 please.  and 5:54, Thanks. see below:

[3:31] Say 'If you love Allah, follow me; then will Allah love you and forgive you your sins.' And Allah is Most Forgiving and Merciful.

[5:54] O ye who believe! whoso among you turns back from his Religion, then let him know that Allah will soon bring in his stead a people whom He will love and who will love Him and who will be kind and humble to the believers, and hard and firm against the disbelievers. They will strive in the cause of Allah and will not fear the reproach of a fault-finder. That is Allah's grace; He bestows it upon whomsoever He pleases and Allah is Bountiful, All-Knowing.

Edited by minuteman
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 1:59am
Hi,
I am new here.

As a starter, We can can find that every chapter in the AlQuran starts with the Basmallah except one chapter.
It says - BISMILLAHIRRAHMANIRRAHEEM.- IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE MOST GRACIOUS, THE MOST MERCIFUL.  How can He be Gracious, if He does not have Love, How does He not has Mercy if He does not have Love.
In fact, we going to Paradise, is not because of our good deeds, but due to HIS MERCY (ALRAHEEM).
I will stop here for the moment. Till we meet again,
Salam.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 2:20am

Yes, Nur_Ilahi, you are right. Allah loves those who believe and do good deeds. Please see my post above about the love of Allah and be happy.

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 4:59am

One of the attributes of Allah in His 99 names is AL WADUD. THE LOVING-KINDNESS. Here is the verses from AlQuran -

Hud

"And O my people! let not my dissent (from you) cause you to sin, lest ye suffer a fate similar to that of the people of Noah or of Hud or of Salih nor are the people of Lut far off from you! (89) "But ask forgiveness of you Lord and turn unto Him (in repentance): for my Lord is indeed Full of mercy and loving-kindness." (90)

Al-Burooj

And He is the Oft-Forgiving Full, of loving-kindness (14) Lord of the Throne of Glory, (15)

And for a more precise meaning of Bismillah, here is the link.

http://wahiduddin.net/words/bismillah.htm

Salam (Peace)

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 8:09pm

Where is the believer? No hard feelings. There should have been some response after seeing the verses of the Quran.

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2008 at 5:27pm

I'm here.  Very nice verses.

Does Allah love sinners?

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2008 at 7:08am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

I'm here.  Very nice verses.

Does Allah love sinners?

Of course. Allah created this whole universe, this whole wide world not just for Muslims, but all creations of His. He produce food from the earth, rain as drinking water, oxygen for breathing and all the necessities of life, never sleep, never forgetting. And all this abundance are given to mankind. How often does man say Thank you God? How do they show their gratitude?

Some show their gratitude with worshipping of Him day and night. Showing their gratitude by prostrating, and kneeling to Him. However some sadly worship the idols and the statues, as if these inanimate objects had the power to produce even a drop of water.

One of the attributes of Allah is Al-Ghafur - THE MOST FORGIVING. At TAWWAB - THE ACCEPTER OF REPENTENCE. He knows we sin easily, that is why HE said in Hadis Qudsi, if my servant came to me walking, I run to him.

SubhanAllah, MashaAllah!

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic