IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why would Allah require this for  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why would Allah require this for

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 3:30pm

Believer,

I dont believe Allah/God is hidden from any person, common or not. Do you make your comment based on my question directly above your post? If so, dont feel sorry for me please. I am quite happy with my relationship with Allah/God.

I am asking questions because it is necessary.

If your comment is not refering to me, perhaps you can elaborate further?

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 10:52am

Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Sad that Allah is hidden from the common person.

"Soon will We show them our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?"

Qur'an 41:53

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 10:57am

Martha: "In Islam these days, is there one man(scholar) that is more important than others? And why dont we have one main person ie like the Catholics have the Pope? I know that after the Prophet Muhammed (pbuH) that we need no other messenger, but having a main scholar to lead the muslims is necessary isnt it?"

Assalamu Alaikum, I will respond to this later, insha Allah, unless a brother/sister replies to this before I do.

Peace

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 8:45pm

[41:53]
We shall show them Our portents on the horizons and within themselves until it will be manifest unto them that it is the Truth. Doth not thy Lord suffice, since He is Witness over all things ?

Thank you.  Common man can read and understand the Quran on their own.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 10:45am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Martha:

Following may be helpful:

Fundamentally speaking, we have much more in common. We believe in one God ( Allah ), final Messenger Muhammad ( SAW ) and last revelation, Qur�an. Practices such as prayers, fasting, charity ( Zakat ), pilgrimage, family values etc. do come within our religious practices. We believe in one�s accountability on the day of judgement as well. Scholars agree on the most of the issues; their agreement on major issues outweighs the disagreement they may have on minor ones.

The true appreciation of commonalties we have ( something that even many non-Muslims refer to as an outstanding example of simplicity ) should help us unite our hearts when it comes to understand minor differences that may exist among us. Those differences are there with a purpose; their acceptance can make us stronger.

"I believe in One God and Mohammed the Apostle of God,' is the simple and invariable profession of Islam. The intellectual image of the Deity has never been degraded by any visible idol; the honours of the prophet have never transgressed the measure of human virtue, and his living precepts have restrained the gratitude of his disciples within the bounds of reason and religion."

Edward Gibbon and Simon Ocklay
History Of The Saracen Empire, London, 1870, p. 54

Let us now focus on unity in diversity while maintaining our Islamic and Muslim identity.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11555&am p;PN=1&TPN=11

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 11:22am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Peacemaker and Alwardah,

Thankyou for your replies so far. And I have to ask questions in IC as this is my main source of understanding Islam. To some I am probably asking strange questions.

In Islam these days, is there one man(scholar) that is more important than others? And why dont we have one main person ie like the Catholics have the Pope? I know that after the Prophet Muhammed (pbuH) that we need no other messenger, but having a main scholar to lead the muslims is necessary isnt it?

Excuse the question if it sounds a bit odd

As Salamu Alaikum Sister Martha

Never feel shy to ask questions, that is the only way to learn and there is no just thing as an odd question.

For a long time, IC to me, was a home away from home and a place to learn and share.

I don�t know the correct answer to your question about having such a person as a pope in Islam, but I can guess to avoid corruption. I don�t know much about Christianity either but what I do know is that the Christians follow the teachings of Paul and not Isa (Alayhi Salam).

The differences we see are a Blessing and Mercy from Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala.

I would advise you to concentrate on one thing at a time and take baby steps, make each day special. Sister despite my own views and method of learning I advise you to try and learn from one Imam of the four, you will not get confused.

Sometimes the discussions here are more confusing then helpful.

Insha Allah you will see, as you study things will become clearer and you will be able to put everything in their correct prospective.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala guide and keep us on the Siratul-Mustaqeem Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam  

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 8:39am

I disagree with brother Alwardah and Peacemaker......

Muslims scholars are NOT scientist for one. I spent 6 years of my life studying science (Neuriscience to be exact) and know more about that field than probably 90% of the religious Muslim scholars in the world. In the field of science there is no Muslim scholar. There are Muslims like myself, but none presume to be world famous scholars especially in the field of biochemistry where some of the studies may very well in fact challenge their religious beliefs. It's kind of like an insult to me to say if you can be a religious scholar you can be a scientist, lawyer etc and that is not true. Religious scholarship is not learning about the sciences its a different category.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

I disagree with brother Alwardah and Peacemaker......

Muslims scholars are NOT scientist for one. I spent 6 years of my life studying science (Neuriscience to be exact) and know more about that field than probably 90% of the religious Muslim scholars in the world. In the field of science there is no Muslim scholar. There are Muslims like myself, but none presume to be world famous scholars especially in the field of biochemistry where some of the studies may very well in fact challenge their religious beliefs. It's kind of like an insult to me to say if you can be a religious scholar you can be a scientist, lawyer etc and that is not true. Religious scholarship is not learning about the sciences its a different category.

Assalamu Alaikum,

I just wanted to show how one becomes a scientist in order to relate to how one becomes a scholar. Nowhere was it mentioned in my post that a scholar is a scientist; that was just an example to put forth the understanding of what is a scholar.

Another thing is that I know many Islamic scholars here in Canada and abroad who are also world class scientists.

Let us stick to the topic please.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic