IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I HAVE QUESTION, PLEASE ANSWER  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I HAVE QUESTION, PLEASE ANSWER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 5:40am

Assalamo Alaykum

�As to those who reject Faith it is the same to them Whether thou warn them or do not warn them They will not believe. "Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing and on their eyes is a veil Great is the penalty they incur." [Al-Qur�an 2:6-7]

The Arabic word qalb used in these verses means the heart. In the Arabic language the word �heart� is also used to connote one�s centre of understanding. Even in English language there are several words which are used to explain something, though the literal meaning of these words are different. For an example is the word �lunatic�. The word �lunatic� literally means struck by the moon. Today people use the word lunatic for a person who is insane or mentally unstable. People very well know that a mad or a mentally unstable person is not struck by the moon. Yet even a medical doctor uses this word. This is normal in the evolution of a language.

In the English language heart means an organ in the body which pumps blood. The same word heart is also used for the centre of thought, love and emotion. Today we know that brain is the centre of thought, love and emotion. Yet while expressing emotions a person is likely to say "I love you from the bottom of my heart". Imagine a scientist telling his wife, "I love you from the bottom of my heart" and the wife replies, "Don�t you even know the basics of science, that the brain is responsible for the emotions and not the heart? In fact you should say I love you from the bottom of my brain."

No Arab will ever ask the question as to why Allah has sealed the hearts of the kafir because he knows that in this context it refers to the centre of thought, understanding and emotions.

Edited by Truth_light24
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:07am

WAS,

Angel,

I will try Insha'Allah today to find a pic' I've seen it before several times once during a lecture at a convention and the other time online. I'm just about to start homeschooling with the munchkins so I won't have much time until later. Perhaps someonelse may know of a link to look....I'm pretty sure I saw it before at the Harun Yahya site or in one of his books or dvd's but not sure which. It would make a great science lesson when studying the circulatory system with the kids so I will keep looking. If I find it after this thread is old I'll pm it.

Also, the hands example. You would have to know Arabic numbers to see them but the lines are there on everyones palms. I know I didn't just imagine it because every year of the kids madressa here and before in CA they always would use it as a teaching tool when they got to the names of Allah' or other related topics.

Can you please help document these dates that you mentioned as being well known before the Quran' I only mentioned a few the Quran' has many more and you're right it is getting off topic.Miracles of the Quran' would be a great thread to start.

Jazmine View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:28am

Minuteman:

Brain may be an instrument of analyses but heart may have something to do with acceptance or rejecting, something to do with love and gentleness

Thank you so much for your explanation about the connection of heart and mind. Yes you are right. It is the heart that feels and the brain just do the analysis. Thats very good.

Edited by Jazmine
Jazmine View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:30am

Sis Aminah:

You only have to look at the diagram of the human heart and inside it is written with the ventricles and chambers have been formed the name "Allah" in Arabic

Allahu Akbar! Yes I did see it, it really has that shaped if you will just look deep into it. This is just an additional knowledge sis. Thank you sis�.

Edited by Jazmine
Jazmine View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:33am

Angel:

Thank you for trying to help me understand things that is confusing me.

Feels like a continuation of a show i just watched about so called images of Jesus and the virgin Mary in toast and in a wooden door.  

People will see what they want to see just like seeing images in the cloud formations.

You mean you are more like imagining those images? They say satan can posses even a stone..just to misguide human.

Aminah07 do you have pictures of the heart?

Try this link and see it for yourself: http://www.google.com/search?q=heart+diagram&sourceid=na vclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enPH236PH236

Edited by Jazmine
Jazmine View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:35am

Truth_light24:

The Arabic word qalb used in these verses means the heart- the word �heart� is also used to connote one�s centre of understanding - in English language several words were used to explain something-For an example is the word �lunatic�.- literally means struck by the moon. Today people use the word lunatic for a person who is insane or mentally unstable.-even a medical doctor uses this word. This is normal in the evolution of a language.

Thank you, like what minute man said, it is the heart that feels and not the brain. Allahu Akbar!

And I can�t imagine if my husband will tell me �I love you from the bottom of my brain!�

Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:50am

WAS,

JazmineYour Welcome I think you got some good answers so far I hope others will post as well.

AngelHere's the hands pic' still working on the heart I'll look later after language arts....Insha'Allah I'll find it while this topic is still up and running. I hope it cuts and pastes okay!

Okay I'm editing this because when I preview it the picture doesn't always look that great so here's the link as well http://www.islamcan.com/miracles/handmarks.shtml

Edited by Aminah07
Jazmine View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:51am

Now is my final question. Why Allah said that He sealed all understanding for those non-believers. Why there are still non-believer accepting Islam? How they see the true when their understanding are sealed?

Btw, am a Moslem. But not all moslen know all. We need to ask if we dont know. Asking dont mean disrespecting.. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic